Did Jesus claim to be God?

Did Jesus claim to be God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
294d

@rajk999 said
or I reinterpret them.
Uh-huh.

According to you, this condemns others.

rain

Moves
294d
3 edits

@fmf said
Not according to Matthew, Mark or Luke, it would seem.

What an omission!
Mark 14:61-64

Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”

62 “I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

63 The high priest tore his clothes. “Why do we need any more witnesses?” he asked. 64 "You have heard the blasphemy."

rain

Moves
294d

@fmf said
Mark 1:11

And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
294d

@fmf said
I have no problem with this.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
294d
1 edit

@vivify said

And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
John 14:9

Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

It’s a quandary.

OAa

Moves
294d

He claimed to have all power in heaven and in earth, spoke knowledgeably of the relationship between the Father and Son, and pronounced the right to speak on authority of the Law. Also the things recorded allow only that a superior being could have predicted or fulfilled them. Jesus lived a time of Self discovery as human, though his Person had always existed in divine nature. The Lord can have both mercy and vengeance.

Über-Nerd

Moves
294d
1 edit

@divegeester said
It’s a quandary.

But Jesus is recorded as saying it.
Jesus is also recorded as saying, “my God, why hast Thou forsaken me.” These words make no sense if Jesus was God.

Now come the tortured overinterpretations … the Trinity …

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
294d

@moonbus said
Jesus is also recorded as saying, “my God, why hast Thou forsaken me.” These words make no sense if Jesus was God.

And then there are some Christians who claim if you do not believe in their Trinitarian interpretation you are not a Christian.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
293d

@moonbus said

They do to me.

Jesus was both a man and God.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
293d

@rajk999 said
And then there are some Christians who claim if you do not believe in their Trinitarian interpretation you are not a Christian.
Trinitarianism makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Über-Nerd

Moves
293d

@divegeester said
They do to me.

Jesus was both a man and God.
Well, how can God forsake Himself? Pray, tell.

i

Moves
293d

@divegeester said
Quite right especially in view of Matthew 24:36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Isaac Newton who also studied more than 250 ancient translation of Biblical text was a covert opposer to the notion of Trinity, which he ascribed to Athanasius and believed it was corruption of the original sources.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
293d

@divegeester said
And they refute that with '... its mysterious

F

Moves
293d

@vivify said
Mark 14:61-64

Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”

62 “I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

63 The high priest tore his clothes. “Why do we need any more witnesses?” he asked. 64 "You have heard the blasphemy."
"Son of Man".

F

Moves
293d

@vivify said

Whose "voice"?

Does this verse feature Jesus claiming to be God?