Did Jesus claim to be God?

Did Jesus claim to be God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
295d

i called out my own name once
she told me i had to leave

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
295d

@divegeester said
I’m not sure why. I suppose he felt abandoned and sacrificed.
By Himself?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
295d

@divegeester said
Jesus was God’s avatar.

That’s another way of explaining it.
Another way of explaining it is to actually refer to scripture:

“And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; and behold, a voice from heaven said, ‘This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.'” (Matthew 3:16-17)

3 distinct entities interacting with each other.

Über-Nerd

Moves
295d

@divegeester said
There are also inferences in the OT. Isaiah has an obvious one.
The Jews were expecting a Messiah. The question is whether Jesus was that Messiah, or merely one more prophet in a long line of prophets. The Jews take the latter interpretation, the Christians take the former one.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
295d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
By Himself?
By the “Father”

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
295d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Another way of explaining it is to actually refer to scripture:

“And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; and behold, a voice from heaven said, ‘This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.'” (Matthew 3:16-17)

3 distinct entities interacting with each other.
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6).

Yes, let’s refer to scripture.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
295d

@moonbus said
The Jews were expecting a Messiah. The question is whether Jesus was that Messiah, or merely one more prophet in a long line of prophets. The Jews take the latter interpretation, the Christians take the former one.
Yes.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
295d

@divegeester said
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6).

Yes, let’s refer to scripture.
Of course, people would call Jesus by those names. That prophecy by Isaiah was correct. The Pharisees said he was making himself God therefore blasphemous. Thomas called him God. But the fact remains that Jesus did not claim to be God. Was Jesus lost for words?

Jesus knew he was the Son of God, and that is his rightful position.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
295d

@rajk999 said

Jesus knew he was the Son of God, and that is his rightful position.
He said it enough times.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
295d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
He said it enough times.
That’s because he was, his flesh was a son the same way Adam was a son.

F

Moves
295d

@moonbus said
The Jews think Jesus was a prophet?

F

Moves
294d

The Muslims do, that's clear.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
294d

@rajk999 said
But the fact remains that Jesus did not claim to be God. Was Jesus lost for words?
I’ve twice posted a scripture where Jesus did claim to be God.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
294d
2 edits

@divegeester said
I’ve twice posted a scripture where Jesus did claim to be God.
If you are referring to this,
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? (John 14:9 KJV)
.. then that does not qualify as Jesus claiming to be God. Jesus explained what he meant in the very next verses: Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? ... (John 14:10 KJV)

God is in Jesus and Jesus is in God, but still they are two separate and distinct entities.

Also shortly after Jesus said he must go to be with the Father. Clearly Jesus not God, but the Son of God.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
294d

@rajk999 said
If you are referring to this,
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? (John 14:9 KJV)
.. then that does not qualify as Jesus claiming to be God. Jesus explained what he meant in the very next verses: [i]Believest ...[text shortened]... ortly after Jesus said he must go to be with the Father. Clearly Jesus not God, but the Son of God.
Well considering he said he was and that Isaiah said he was, it’s certainly clear to me. It fine if you disagree.