1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 12:11
    Originally posted by sonship
    I haven't done this FMF.
    So what exactly was it you thought your convoluted analogy about chess philosophies was in reference to?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 12:14
    If I write too much posters say I write long monologes. If I write smaller portions posters complain that these are bumper sticker phrases. So you really cannot please everybody..
    "Judged is judged" would be nothing more than a conversation-terminating bumper sticker even to most Christians I know. Frankly, it sounds like a Donald Trump approach to proselytising.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 12:15
    I think the "pity" is that men would hide behind plurality of beliefs to claim that as evidence God doesn't exist. I notice also a strong double standard going on with those who take this refuge.
    Where is it you think I have done this?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 12:19
    It is not hard for me to imagine an ancient deluge being used by God to judge sinful man to the extent that man had spread and populated the planet.
    What significance do you think 'what you can and cannot imagine' [or whether something is hard for you to imagine or not hard to imagine] have regarding the reality in which I live? What significance - beyond your own mind - are you seeking to lend to the powers of your imagination in this case?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 12:313 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    And how does this make your case? I am feeding back to you on your attempts to convince people like me that your beliefs in the supernatural are true and constitute reality as it pertains to me.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think i can convince you of anything here.
    I just can tell some people why I believe the word of God.

There are a number of people here I do not think I can convince of my beliefs.
    Want to head the list ? Be my guest.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 12:34
    Has your God figure given you nothing more than what you offer here to propagate your contention that He has revealed Himself to you?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It should be normal that God reveal things to people. This should not be extraordinary. If it is counted as astounding or extraordinary, I think this is a statement on how people have fallen away from what should be normal.

It is not a statement to me about the fantastical. It should be quite human and customary that God and people be in fellowship and communion.

I do not count Jesus the Son of God as an enigma. I count Jesus as a normal man and a testimony of how we have fallen from normality. It should be normal that we receive from God wisdom, revelation, His speaking.

It could be that some people are too proud to receive from God. God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble. So it is good to humble oneself before God in order to be uplifted into fellowship with Him and enjoy this communion.

" ... God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.

Therefore be humbled under the mighty hand of God that he may exalt you in due time."
    (1 Pet. 5:5b.6)

But you are not going to do that as you are presently already rationalizing some proud response to this exhortation.

Me, I choose to learn from Peter. He was very proud, independent, self assured, self reliant. He even rebuked Jesus and would be the adviser of Christ. But He learned some good lessons though as a disciple of Jesus.

It should be normal to receive revelation from God in His word. To have the Spirit of God impart things to us should even sometimes be imperceptible and non-sensational - a part of normal daily human living.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 12:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    "Judged is judged" would be nothing more than a conversation-terminating bumper sticker even to most Christians I know. Frankly, it sounds like a Donald Trump approach to proselytising.
    All I have on the back of my car is a license plate.

But if 2 + 2 = 4 is on a bumper sticker does that make it invalid ?

Some true things can unfortunately fit on a bumper sticker - like Jesus is Lord.

Now if there is a political forum you can go there and rail against Donald Trump to your heart's content.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 12:40
    FMF,

Why are you trying to force your viewpoint on me ?
    Are you hunting for proselytes ?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 13:35
    I don't think i can convince you of anything here.
    I just can tell some people why I believe the word of God.
    Oh well as long as you support people's right to tell you that you don't seem to be making sense, or that you are unconvincing, or that they think you have a moral void at the the very heart of your beliefs, whenever you trot out your ideas and claims in this public place, then that is fine.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 13:37
    FMF,

I have no supposed revelation from God to report to you on. You are someone who claims you have. If you want to preach to the converted, then why not go do that in an arena where non-Christians can be excluded. This is not a Christianity Forum sonship.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 13:38
    Now if there is a political forum you can go there and rail against Donald Trump to your heart's content.
    Do you not understand my reference to Donald Trump?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 13:41
    There are a number of people here I do not think I can convince of my beliefs.
    Want to head the list ? Be my guest.
    If you don't want to be confronted, send "the list" you have to the web site administrators and see if they will put a stop to those who are not convinced by your words and behaviour from engaging you. 😉
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 13:47
    My beliefs about the lives we live do not involve me attempting to wield the absurd threat of eternal torture over you for believing something other than what I do. You have some chutzpah to suggest that I am trying to "force" you to do anything.

It's as if you sometimes forget what man-imagined depravity, what gangster-logic and what sheer moral incoherence lies at the very heart of your beliefs.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 13:571 edit
    FMF,

I haven't read any of what has been said but what on earth did you do to FMF to get under his skin like this? 😲
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 14:04
    But if 2 + 2 = 4 is on a bumper sticker does that make it invalid ?. [/b]
    Dasa used to say things like the real "truth" (i.e. his beliefs) were as clear as "2 + 2 = 4". I heard an Imam make a similar point about some claim he had made not so long ago. It must be a religionist thing, this "2 + 2 = 4" allusion. So your "Judged is judged" thing is supported and somehow substantiated by the "2 + 2 = 4" thing is it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree