Difficulty on Noah's Flood?

Difficulty on Noah's Flood?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jul 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Great King Rat
So basically "World Wide" flood doesn't mean "World Wide" flood?
I don't think "world wide flood" is a phrase found in the Bible. It is a phrase that people use which itself, i don't think, appears in Scripture.

If you can locate the phrase "world wide flood" and it is a good translation of the original language, then I would be corrected here.

Infidel

Moves
13 Jul 16

Originally posted by sonship
I don't think "world wide flood" is a phrase found in the Bible. It is a phrase that people use which itself, i don't think, appears in Scripture.

If you can locate the phrase "world wide flood" and it is a good translation of the original language, then I would be corrected here.
Then you probably shouldn't write "World Wide" in quotation marks and in bold as though you quoted something.

Anyway, it's nice to see you understand that certain phrases and words and images used in the bible should be taken figuratively and not literally.

Mayhap one day you'll understand that concepts like "god", "heaven", "hell", "creation" and "eternal punishment" also should not be taken literally. You know, how we also understand not to take the events depicted in the fairy tales by the brothers Grimm literally.

F

Moves
13 Jul 16

How did it kill everybody in the world except Noah and his family then?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jul 16
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
How did it kill everybody in the world except Noah and his family then?
How did a huge flood kill all the people except Noah and eight people who were in side the ark ?

You don't believe it ? I am more prone to believe it then I am that the US actually had men walk on the moon. I believe there is more candor in the account of Noah's flood then there is in my own government showing me pictures alledgedly of men walking on the moon, which pictures sometimes contain some very fishy things when closely examined. I'm not so sure anymore.

But the flood of the world that then was and the salvation of Noah and those in the ark?
I believe that.

F

Moves
13 Jul 16

How did a huge flood kill all the people except Noah and eight people who were in side the ark ?

You don't believe it ? I am more prone to believe it then I am that the US actually had men walk on the moon. I believe there is more candor in the account of Noah's flood then there is in my own government showing me pictures alledgedly of men walking on ...[text shortened]... ood of the world that then was and the salvation of Noah and those in the ark?
I believe that.
An answer to my question would be more interesting.

How did this flood kill everybody in the world except Noah and his family if it wasn't a world wide flood?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jul 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Your question is not as good and interesting as you think it is.

Perhaps you didn't read what I wrote about about "world" not necessarily meaning the globe of the entire sphere of the planet. I also wrote of man's probable failure to migrate to spread out as God had commanded.

Do you know it didn't happen ?

F

Moves
13 Jul 16

Perhaps you didn't read what I wrote about about "world" not necessarily meaning the globe of the entire sphere of the planet.
You believe it killed everyone in the world except Noah and his family?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
You believe it killed everyone in the world except Noah and his family?
First, I asked you. Do you know it didn't happen ?

Share some burden.

F

Moves
13 Jul 16

I also wrote of man's probable failure to migrate to spread out as God had commanded.
But we know there have been Aboriginals in Australia for over 40,000 years. And people in China longer than that.

F

Moves
13 Jul 16

Share some burden.
There is no reason to believe anything happened as you describe it or that there was an supernatural element to it. The burden is entirely yours. You are making fantastical claims for which you do not have a shred of credible evidence.

F

Moves
13 Jul 16

Share some burden.
Three times you have dodged it.

Do you believe the flood killed everyone in the world except Noah and his family?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
But we know there have been Aboriginals in Australia for over 40,000 years. And people in China longer than that.
I include the possibility that this matter occurred longer ago then is generally assumed by some Bible readers.

F

Moves
13 Jul 16

I include the possibility that this matter occurred longer ago then is generally assumed by some Bible readers.
So do you or don't you believe the flood killed everyone in the world except Noah and his family?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jul 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Three times you have dodged it.

Do you believe the flood killed everyone in the world except Noah and his family?
I believe Noah and his family were spared. Everyone else drowned.
Other possibilities I am willing to consider. But I am pretty certain that only Noah and family survived.

" These are the families of the sons of Noah, according to their generations, in their nations; and from these the nations were separated on the earth after the flood." (Genesis 10:32)

The text communicates that from those people on the ark the earth was populated. God knows all the facts.

Do you know that this flood did not occur ?

F

Moves
13 Jul 16

"World wide" flood I don't think means the entire planet.
Do you believe the entire population of the planet was wiped out?