Difficulty on Noah's Flood?

Difficulty on Noah's Flood?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
13 Jul 16

Originally posted by sonship
I believe Noah and his family were spared. Everyone else drowned.
Other possibilities I am willing to consider. But I am pretty certain that only Noah and family survived.
So you believe all the people in the world lived in the locality of Noah and his family?

F

Moves
13 Jul 16

Do you know that this flood did not occur ?
What flood? The magical vengeful flood that so excites your imagination?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jul 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Do you believe the entire population of the planet was wiped out?
"These are the families of the sons of Noah, according to their generations, in their nations; and from THESE the nations were separated on the earth after the flood."

The earth was populated by the survivors in the ark and their descendants. Everyone one else died. That is what I believe.

F

Moves
13 Jul 16

The text communicates that from those people on the ark the earth was populated. God knows all the facts.
There's a story here about a God trying to escape in a boat for some reason but it capsized, thus giving us a huge volcano in West Java. If I dig out "the text" for you will you believe it?

F

Moves
13 Jul 16

The earth was populated by the survivors in the ark and their descendants. Everyone one else died. That is what I believe.
So everyone in the world died because of a flood in the local area around Mt Ararat or whatever it's called?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jul 16

I am bringing the matters back somewhat to "Judged is Judged".

FMF, Do you believe that a population of people could have in their minds and imaginations only evil continually?

" And Jehovah saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." (Gen. 6:5)

Do you believe human society could sink to such a moral level that every thought issuing from people's minds is only continually evil ?

F

Moves
13 Jul 16

The earth was populated by the survivors in the ark and their descendants.
How many of the early generations were produced by incest?

F

Moves
13 Jul 16

FMF, Do you believe that a population of people could have in their minds and imaginations only evil continually?
What, you mean everybody? No. I don't. Why would I? The only example of it being claimed to have happened is in ancient Hebrew mythology. What reason do I have to subscribe to that?

F

Moves
13 Jul 16

Do you believe human society could sink to such a moral level that every thought issuing from people's minds is only continually evil ?
No. Did you feel these things about your fellow humans and thus get drawn to your vengeful, wrathful torturer God figure, or did you not feel these things about your fellow humans until you took up your religion?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
So everyone in the world died because of a flood in the local area around Mt Ararat or whatever it's called?
A more localized flood of a terrible deluge is what I presently believe. The phrase was that it came to rest on the mountains of Ararat.

Do you think something could occur to this planet which no one has ever seen before?
Do you think something could happen to this world which no one can presently conceive the seriousness of ?

I do.

I believe that things could occur in the future which scientists will not be able to explain in all their intelligence. You go live you life as you wish. I am expecting things to occur on this earth which have not entered into the imagination of anyone.

The people of Noah's day didn't expect a raining for 40 days or the fountains of the deep to burst torrents of water.

F

Moves
13 Jul 16

A more localized flood of a terrible deluge is what I presently believe. The phrase was that it came to rest on the mountains of Ararat.
How did it kill everyone in the world then?

F

Moves
13 Jul 16

Do you think something could occur to this planet which no one has ever seen before?
Do you think something could happen to this world which no one can presently conceive the seriousness of ?
You've given me no reason to believe any of the things you have claimed.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
No. Did you feel these things about your fellow humans and thus get drawn to your vengeful, wrathful torturer God figure, or did you not feel these things about your fellow humans until you took up your religion?
Your question is simply your statement. You don't need to place your diatribe in the form of a question. Just state what you want.

When I speak of the matter, I'll use the expressions I choose to use. I will not ask you to formulate your favorite expressions and place them into my mouth.

F

Moves
13 Jul 16

I believe that things could occur in the future which scientists will not be able to explain in all their intelligence. You go live you life as you wish. I am expecting things to occur on this earth which have not entered into the imagination of anyone.
And what are these declarations of yours evidence of?

F

Moves
13 Jul 16

Your question is simply your statement. You don't need to place your diatribe in the form of a question. Just state what you want.

When I speak of the matter, I'll use the expressions I choose to use. I will not ask you to formulate your favorite expressions and place them into my mouth.
The question which you have sidestepped was this:

Did you feel these things about your fellow humans and thus get drawn to your vengeful, wrathful torturer God figure, or did you not feel these things about your fellow humans until you took up your religion?