1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 14:05
    Originally posted by whodey
    I haven't read any of what has been said but what on earth did you do to FMF to get under his skin like this? 😲
    If you think sonship is under my skin with his bog-standard stuff these last couple of pages, then you haven't read any of what has been said. 😉
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 16:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you think sonship is under my skin with his bog-standard stuff these last couple of pages, then you haven't read any of what has been said. 😉
    Deep breaths FMF, deed breaths. It's all gonna be OK. 😉
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 16:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    Deep breaths FMF, deed breaths. It's all gonna be OK. 😉
    How so?
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 20:521 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    http://ldolphin.org/eden/

The Flood happened ~7,000 years ago. It is also called the Neolithic Wet Period and the Flandrian Transgression. It was global in that it was a global rise in sea level but did not cover all the land. It covered the coastlines and those coastlines are still underwater to this day. That's why there are so many Neolithic ...[text shortened]... od" runs down the rivers into the oceans, causing the flood.

It was caused by global warming.
    http://m.thevintagenews.com/2016/06/11/39894-2/

Doggerland was an area of land, now lying beneath the southern North Sea, that connected Great Britain to mainland Europe during and after the last Ice Age. It was then gradually flooded by rising sea levels around 6,500–6,200 BCE. Geological surveys have suggested that it stretched from Britain’s east coast to the Netherlands and the western coasts of Germany and the peninsula ofJutland. It was probably a rich habitat with human habitation in the Mesolithic period, although rising sea levels gradually reduced it to low-lying islands before its final destruction, perhaps following a tsunami caused by the Storegga Slide.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jul '16 23:25
    Originally posted by sonship
    FMF,

Why are you trying to force your viewpoint on me ?
    Are you hunting for proselytes ?
    I thought you were "trying to convince" him
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jul '16 17:383 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b] Has your God figure given you nothing more than what you offer here to propagate your contention that He has revealed Himself to you?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It should be normal that God reveal things to people. This should not be extraordinary. If it is counted as astounding ...[text shortened]... hould even sometimes be imperceptible and non-sensational - a part of normal daily human living.[/b]
    I guess those 200 million people killed in century 20 and 19 in wars religious and secular,by despots and real animals disguised as humans such as Idi Amin, none of those people accepted your god.

But to this point of difficulty on Noah's flood, I have a huge problem with the underlying concepts of the flood.

That is the idea that a god, a gracious loving god, would completely destroy the planet as a place to live just to get back at some number of humans it considers unfaithful or whatever.

A god who creates entire universes would have ZERO trouble just waving it rhetorical hands and go Poof, no more bad humans, all scorched to ashes in a microsecond.

So why would a being with such overwhelming power want to destroy its own creation in order to get back at some group of a few thousand humans?

To pronounce the ENTIRE planet of humans worthy of destruction when we know full well there are tribes all over the planet, were tribes all over the planet at the time of the alleged flood who knew nothing of this god, entire centuries going by for them with no contact with outside humanity, all destroyed because this supposed gracious god had a hard on against a single tribe.

So then going on to kill all the land animals and have a few left over to start after the flood, thus reducing the genetic diversity of millions of years it took to get that diversity just to get back at some nasty humans.

That is the biggest crock of shyte ever perpetrated on humanity.

The whole story should be taken as it was written, an allegory, the boogie man will get you if you screw up. Nothing more was intended by the original writers.

Yet today it is taken as absolute fact by hundreds of millions of people.

Another example of the biggest scam in human history, well one of them anyway.

And no doubt someone will pull the 'oh so now you know the mind of god' card.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jul '16 17:45
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I guess those 200 million people killed in century 20 and 19 in wars religious and secular,by despots and real animals disguised as humans such as Idi Amin, none of those people accepted your god.
    You should get some new material.
    You have two choices with death.

1. It is either a natural part of life's process so none of the deaths you are complaining
    about matter one way or another everything dies and how is just meaningless one way
    as the next.
    2. There is a something wrong about death, in which case the meaning of life and how
    it ends does carry with it something either good or bad.

You profess 1 and complain about 2 as if you know.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jul '16 17:502 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You should get some new material.
    You have two choices with death.

1. It is either a natural part of life's process so none of the deaths you are complaining
    about matter one way or another everything dies and how is just meaningless one way
    as the next.
    2. There is a something wrong about death, in which case the meaning of life and how
    it ends doe ...[text shortened]... arry with it something either good or bad.

You profess 1 and complain about 2 as if you know.
    So the reasons for those deaths are meaningless. Good to know. I'm talking about the murder of millions of people by despots and not a peep from your so-called loving god.

It just says, no god is around to fix our boo boo's, we are the ones who have to do it ourselves.

We are the ones who have to deal with religious despots, no god will.

If there were beings out there in the universe with huge powers and came down to Earth, we would unable to tell the difference between such people and a real god if there in fact is such.

So this being comes down to Earth and does some physics tricks, levitating, creating a flower in its hands and such, how would we tell it from a real god? It says, I am the lord almighty and I am a jealous god, and you better get your act together or I am going to make a flood on this planet the likes of which you have never seen before.

People would bow down to such a being even though it is really just an advanced assshole.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jul '16 19:481 edit
    So the reasons for those deaths are meaningless. Good to know. I'm talking about the murder of millions of people by despots and not a peep from your so-called loving god.

It just says, no god is around to fix our boo boo's, we are the ones who have to do it ourselves.

We are the ones who have to deal with religious despots, no god will.

If there w ...[text shortened]... re.

People would bow down to such a being even though it is really just an advanced assshole.
    I believe all death is meaningless, what matters is life.
    Murder is a legal term that has to do with the lawfulness of a life taken, it requires a justice
    system.

So which is it, there is no god in your opinion we are just products of chemical reactions
    that took place without a plan, purpose, or design. So when our lives end that is it, there
    is not a "good place" or "bad place" to go to once we die we are just gone? If that is true
    what does it matter except to our personal tastes here and now how someone else dies?

With God we can discuss a purpose, a plan, a right and wrong, without God your opinion
    is just an opinion no more important than anyone else' since both you and everyone who
    reads this board are all going to die and slip into nothing.

When we all go then the good and bad we proclaim are just as meaningless as
    everything else that a beginning and an endless end.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 00:04
    I believe all death is meaningless, what matters is life.
    Murder is a legal term that has to do with the lawfulness of a life taken, it requires a justice
    system.

So which is it, there is no god in your opinion we are just products of chemical reactions
    that took place without a plan, purpose, or design. So when our lives end that is it, there
    is not ...[text shortened]... bad we proclaim are just as meaningless as
    everything else that a beginning and an endless end.
    So if death is meaningless why does your so-called god say don't kill? If this alleged god said that, why would it let 200 million die torturous deaths at the hands of sub-humans?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 01:25
    So if death is meaningless why does your so-called god say don't kill? If this alleged god said that, why would it let 200 million die torturous deaths at the hands of sub-humans?
    We all die, again if there is no God why complain it just happens.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 01:31
    So, no god, it doesn't matter if you die from torture?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 01:361 edit
    Coming out with a "if there is no God, why...?" question and aiming at someone else doesn't answer the valid question that's been put to you about what YOU believe. It's just a dodge.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 02:15
    So, no god, it doesn't matter if you die from torture?
    In 2000 years from now no one would know or care now would they?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '16 02:18
    In 2000 years from now no one would know or care now would they?
    Still dodging sonhouse's on the nail question, I see. It's as if you haven't really thought through what you believe or say. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree