1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 03:30
    ThinkOfOne,
    It is the will of the Father that you accept His Son as your Savior and Lord. If you don't do this, don't demand from God that he accept you anyway.

If you reject Christ Himself, don't expect God to save you. It is the will of the Father that you accept Christ as your Savior and Lord. It is the same for me too.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 03:32
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    RajK,

King James Version
    =====================
    I John 2:22
    Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

I John 5: 10
    He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
    You need professional help. Get a professional to help you read and understand English.
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 03:40
    RajK,

King James Version
    ==================
    Ephesians 2: 8, 9, 12, 13
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 03:43
    ThinkOfOne,
    Do you believe that you do not sin?
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 04:20
    ThinkOfOne,
    Do you believe that you do not sin?
    Your question is irrelevant to this discussion. Whether or not any given individual sins does not affect what Jesus taught. Why do you keep avoiding what Jesus taught? Do you not believe Him?
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 04:57
    ThinkOfOne,
    Jesus said. . .

King James Version
    ===================
    Luke 5: 32
    And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

If you want eternal life, then obey the will of God to believe in His Son as Savior. It is God's will for you to accept Jesus as Savior. Obeying God's will to put faith in Christ Jesus is applicable to your salvation.
  7. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 05:10
    ThinkOfOne,
    If you think that you have not sinned, then you are making God a liar. And if you make God a liar, then you are not following God's expectations of you, nor Jesus' expectations of you. Therefore, it is applicable for you to follow God in all things, rather than just some things. Do you think that anti-Christs will be given eternal life?

King James Version
    =================
    I John 1:10
    If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

I John 2:22
    Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

I John 5: 10
    He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

I John 2: 1, 2
    My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
  8. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 05:17
    ThinkOfOne,
    One thing that I have been taught is that "committing sin" as meant in part of the bible doesn't mean "never sinning," but it means not sinning "as a way of life." Christians are not going to be "sinless," but they are supposed to sin...less.

No matter how much you think you are a disciple of Jesus, if you don't put faith in Jesus to save you, then don't ever expect God to accept you either as a son. God expects us to put faith in Jesus as Savior.
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 08:35
    ThinkOfOne,
    You can try to be a disciple of Christ. You can think that you are not a sinner which Jesus died to save. You can think that you are justified.

But why do you deny that Christ said that if people don't believe in Christ, they are condemned already? - John 3:18 King James Version
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 23:58
    ThinkOfOne,
    Jesus said. . .

King James Version
    ===================
    Luke 5: 32
    And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

If you want eternal life, then obey the will of God to believe in His Son as Savior. It is God's will ...[text shortened]... sus as Savior. Obeying God's will to put faith in Christ Jesus is applicable to your salvation.
    Seriously? In the verse you quoted Jesus is calling "sinners to repentance" - not to "obey the will of God to believe in His Son as Savior."
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 00:011 edit
    ThinkOfOne,
    If you think that you have not sinned, then you are making God a liar. And if you make God a liar, then you are [b]not
    following God's expectations of you, nor Jesus' expectations of you. Therefore, it is applicable for you to follow God in all things, rather than just some things. Do you think that anti-Christs will be given eternal ...[text shortened]... the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.[/b]
    Once again:
    In John 8:31-36, Jesus states that His true disciples will be made free from committing sin. That those who are not made free will not "remain in the house forever".

Why don't you believe Jesus?
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 00:091 edit
    ThinkOfOne,
    One thing that I have been taught is that "committing sin" as meant in part of the bible doesn't mean "never sinning," but it means not sinning "as a way of life." Christians are not going to be "sinless," but they are supposed to sin...less.

No matter how much you think you are a disciple of Jesus, if you don't put faith in Jesus to sav ...[text shortened]... ever expect God to accept you either as a son. God expects us to put faith in Jesus as Savior.
    One thing that I have been taught is that "committing sin" as meant in part of the bible doesn't mean "never sinning," but it means not sinning "as a way of life."

Instead of trusting what men have taught you, why don't you look at what Jesus actually said?
    John 8
    31So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.... Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. 35“The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.

Also look at what you posted about "committeth"
    ...."committeth" is in the Present Tense(Occuring in Time), Active Voice, and Participle Mood
    ...............I. to make
    ..............II. to do

In short, Jesus was saying that EVERYONE who "makes" or "does" sin is a slave to sin - not just those who sin "as a way of life". And that His true disciples will be made free from "making" or "doing" sin.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 01:201 edit
    ThinkOfOne,

No matter how much you think you are a disciple of Jesus, if you don't put faith in Jesus to sav ...[text shortened]... ever expect God to accept you either as a son. God expects us to put faith in Jesus as Savior.
    I will tell you this: you have much more patience than anyone in this entire forum if you can deal with these two, especially double-teaming you as they have been. Many of us have nearly given up trying to reach these two.

Maybe they're waiting for you to reinforce their ideas that God gives up on His children, by you giving up on them, as nearly everyone else in this forum has.

After all, the Captain was right: "What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week. Which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men."
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 02:46
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I will tell you this: you have much more patience than anyone in this entire forum if you can deal with these two, especially double-teaming you as they have been. Many of us have nearly given up trying to reach these two.

Maybe they're waiting for you to reinforce their ideas that God gives up on His children, by you giving up on them, as nearly everyo ...[text shortened]... Which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.[/i]"
    Well said, Suzi. KingOnPoint's patience and courtesy demonstrated in this forum are legendary.
  15. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 12:27
    ThinkOfOne,
    John 8 31-36 includes talking about sin. So asking you if you think that you don't sin, is relevant to the topic. Secondly, what keeps from putting faith in Christ as Savior? Please read the 2 verses below.

King James Version
    ==================
    Mark 16: 15, 16
    And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree