1. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 17:48
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    Thank you for your reply, I understand a bit better where you are coming from.

I do have a question though.

How do you know who they are that "fashion their lives around living righteously and doing good works, just as Jesus command"?

Seems to me that is a personal matter in one's daily life.

Is it just an answer resulting from a question you asked in a debate forum some time ago?
    The same way you judge who is a Christian here .. they profess to be Christian.

Christ will judge all people.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 17:53
    Originally posted by @eladar
    To answer your question, do you agree with these words from Jesus?

[b]But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, [i]fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders.

Do agree with Jesus that the people who accept these things into their lives are bound for destruction?[/b]
    I read what Jesus said. I accept that teaching.

However there is no phrase in that passage ..bound for destruction', Is there?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 17:541 edit
    Let's talk a little about "gender".

Men Christians are the wife.
    Women Christians are also the wife.

Whether male or female, whether Christian brother or Christian sister, we who believe in Christ are all considered a WIFE to Christ.

How about in our state before becoming Christians?
    Paul also considers that both men and women were a WIFE to the old man - that corrupted thing which came about at the fall of Adam.

Back for a moment as Christians being all a wife. Paul says that as a worker for Christ He presented us all - male and female, as a virgin to Christ the one "Husband."

" For I am jealous over you with a jealousy of God; for I betrothed you to one HUSBAND to present you as as pure virgin to Christ." (2 Cor. 11:2)
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 18:01
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Let's talk a little about "gender".

Men Christians are the wife.
    Women Christians are also the wife.

Whether male or female, whether Christian brother or Christian sister, we who believe in Christ are all considered a WIFE to Christ.

How about in our state before becoming Christians?
    Paul also considers that both men and women were a WIFE to t ...[text shortened]... u to one HUSBAND to present you as as pure virgin to Christ." (2 Cor. 11:2)
    [/quote][/b]
    I believe you are jumping the gun a bit. The church is the bride of Christ, but that will be more tangible in the next life when there will be no husband or wife among God's children.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 18:02
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    I read what Jesus said. I accept that teaching.

However there is no phrase in that passage ..bound for destruction', Is there?
    Jesus will reject evil doers. If one is rejected by Christ one will not be saved from destrution.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 18:07
    Man's original position before God his Creator is that of a wife - a female.

Isaiah 54:5 says that God our Maker is our husband. In God's creation of man the created man had the position of a wife with her husband of God as her head.

In the fall of man a new self assuming husband arose - the fallen man. At the fall we took another position. The fallen man ASSUMED the position of a husband. This is a bit difficult to understand.

There is a human life which God created as a wife to Himself as her Head and Husband.
    In the fall that wife was married to the old man, the corrupted self assuming husband of the godless humanity.

That man is independent from God. That man decided to go his own way. He self assumed that he could live independently from his Maker. That old man has become the husband of the originally created man who was intended to be a spouse unto God.

Now SINCE the fallen man wanted to be the husband, God gave him the law.
    cont below.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 18:10
    Jesus will reject evil doers. If one is rejected by Christ one will not be saved from destrution.
    Yes. Jesus will reject evil doers.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 18:162 edits
    I believe you are jumping the gun a bit. The church is the bride of Christ, but that will be more tangible in the next life when there will be no husband or wife among God's children.

We of the church can FORETASTE today of what we will have a FULLER taste of after the second coming of Christ.

But we must be foretasting this relationship today. If you say there is no wife today then you nullify Paul's word that in the church age He is nourishing and cherishing His romantic other, the church.

" Husbands love your wives even as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her that He might sanctify her, cleansing her by the washing in the water of the word.

That He might present the church to Himself glorious ... in the same way husbands also ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his own wife loves himself.

For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, even as Christ also the church." (Eph. 5:25-29)

Though there is indeed "the marriage of the Lamb" (Rev. 19) to come, we have to realize that all through the church age, as long as the church is Christ's own body it is His own wife.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 18:22
    Yes. Jesus will reject evil doers.
    Including those who practice the sins mentioned here?

But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, [i]fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 18:24

We of the church can FORETASTE today of what we will have a FULLER taste of after the second coming of Christ.

But we must be foretasting this relation ...[text shortened]... that all through the church age, as long as the church is Christ's own body it is His own wife.
    When is the cleansing of Jesus' sacrifice going to come into effect? When will it be seen and tangible for all?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 18:25

This thought I am presenting is a bit deeper. Christ will reject all that does not come OUT of Christ Himself in terms of her whom He will marry.

Only what came OUT of Adam was brought back to Adam to be Eve his wife.

Lots of good animals may have been paraded before Adam before God put him to sleep and took out his rib. But when God put him to sleep, took out his rib and builded that rib into a woman THEN Adam knew his counterpart had completely come out of himself.

"`And the man said, This time this is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh;

This one shall be called Woman Because out of Man this one was taken." (Genesis 2:23)

The picture is that ONLY what came out of Adam and had the life of Adam could be brought back to Adam to be his wife.

And the reality is that only what comes out of Christ which has the life of Christ will He receive back to Himself to be His wife forever.

Does He reject evil doers? Yes.
    He also will not marry the "good doers" who do not live Him as their life.

What comes out of Jesus Christ's life God will build into a counterpart to marry Christ for eternity.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 18:28
    Including those who practice the sins mentioned here?

[b]But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, [i]fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders.
    [/b]
    Jesus will judge all sinners and all sins, not just those mentioned there.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 18:31
    Jesus will judge all sinners and all sins, not just those mentioned there.
    Of course not just those, but does it include those?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 18:31
    When is the cleansing of Jesus' sacrifice going to come into effect? When will it be seen and tangible for all?

The washing of the water of the word comes into effect as soon as we receive His word and are born again.

We can expedite this washing of the water in the word by much taking in of His living word. But we can postpone or procrastinate this process also. That depends upon us.

The complete washing of the entire body of believers will be complete before the age of the new heaven and the new earth. The overcoming remnant will precede the majority by some time.

The "word" here in Ephesians 5 is not the Logos but the rhema. That means an instant living speaking of God to our hearts often tailored expressly to our need and situation.

I wrote in the past a thread on praying over the words of the Bible. This was mainly to touch the rhema of the word of God. This rhema of the instant word of God spoken expressly to us in such a personal way, is a cleansing agent.

This is a big subject.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 18:37

The washing of the water of the word comes into effect as soon as we receive His word and are born again.

We can expedite this washing of the water in the word by much taking in of His living word. But we can postpone or pr ...[text shortened]... spoken expressly to us in such a personal way, is a cleansing agent.

This is a big subject.
    If this were true, there would be neither plants choked out by the worries of this world nor those burned away by persecution.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree