1. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 12:17
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    So according to you no one has assurance of salvation? We should just give it our best shot and hope for the best?
    I explained this already and I get very tired of your infantile questions.

I started a thread entitled Best and Worse. Read the first post and that will answer your question.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 12:21
    Matthew 5

7 “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not [h]the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches [i]others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever [j]keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 “For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 12:24
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    So according to you no one has assurance of salvation? We should just give it our best shot and hope for the best?
    Isn't this what the "judgement" you believe in is all about?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 12:32
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Isn't this what the "judgement" you believe in is all about?
    Apparently the judgment is just to determine how much they get. Its not about life and death as Jesus said in Matt 25. It appears Christians escape that Matt 25 judgment. Christians are already in the Kingdom of God and already have eternal life.
  5. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 13:02
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Apparently the judgment is just to determine how much they get. Its not about life and death as Jesus said in Matt 25. It appears Christians escape that Matt 25 judgment. Christians are already in the Kingdom of God and already have eternal life.
    You always use the word "Christians" as if it is somebody else. Are you not a Christian? Straightforward question, y/n? If not, what?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 13:06
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    You always use the word "Christians" as if it is somebody else. Are you not a Christian? Straightforward question, y/n? If not, what?
    Yes I am a Christian, a follower of the teachings of Christ.
    Not a Christian of the type used in the normal meaning ie one who belongs to some specific church or group.

Can you not see that what I believe is worlds apart from standard church doctrine?
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 13:11
    Yes I am a Christian, a follower of the teachings of Christ.
    Not a Christian of the type used in the normal meaning ie one who belongs to some specific church or group.

Can you not see that what I believe is worlds apart from standard church doctrine?
    I am not sure of what you mean by 'standard church doctrine' there are literally 10's of thousands different churches, are they all wrong in your mind? It just seems that you have this me against Christians thing about you, while people that don't believe in God at all and mock & ridicule at different times are comrades. Why is that?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 13:14
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    I am not sure of what you mean by 'standard church doctrine' there are literally 10's of thousands different churches, are they all wrong in your mind? It just seems that you have this me against Christians thing about you, while people that don't believe in God at all and mock & ridicule at different times are comrades. Why is that?
    The version of Christianity Rajk999 has in his crosshairs is "OSAS". Why don't you debate it with him rather than make broad discussion-avoiding comments about him?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 13:27
    Originally posted by @fmf
    The version of Christianity Rajk999 has in his crosshairs is "OSAS". Why don't you debate it with him rather than make broad discussion-avoiding comments about him?
    I think he is another of the Suzainne type..
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 13:51
    Another comedy thread. Again trying to justify your doctrine that Christians do not have to follow the commandments of Christ. .. 😀
    Another comedy thread. Again trying to justify your doctrine that Christians do not have to follow the commandments of Christ.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no way to "bear fruit to God" without obeying Christ.

So I am not concerned for you slander.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 13:57
    Originally posted by @sonship
    [b] Another comedy thread. Again trying to justify your doctrine that Christians do not have to follow the commandments of Christ.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no way to "bear fruit to God" without obeying Christ.

So I am not concerned for you slander.[/b]
    Obeying Christ means obeying the commandments of Christ.

Clearly you think it means something else.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 14:042 edits
    So we have some interesting responses.

For now I am going to write out the six verses for reading.

"Or are you ignorant, brothers (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law lords it over the man as long as he lives ? (v1)

for the married woman is bound by the law to her husband while he is living; but if the husband dies, she is discharged from the law regarding the husband. " (v.2)

Read this much again, Let it sink in.
    Go on.

"So then if, while the husband is living, she is joined to another man, she will be called an adulteress, but if the husband dies, she is free from the law, so that she is not an adulteress, though she is joined to another man. (v.3)

So then, my brothers, you also have been made dead to the law through the body of Christ so that you might be joined to another, to Him who has been raised from the dead, that we might bear fruit to God. (v.4)

Please read it again carefully. This is very profound. It is not easy to grasp Paul's teaching here.

On to the end -

" For when we were in the flesh, the passions for sins, which acted through the law, operated in our members to bear fruit to death. (v.5)

But now we have been discharged from the law, having died to that in which we were held, so that we serve in newness of spirit and not in oldness of letter." (v.6)

In getting into the understanding of a difficult passage like this first you have to gather all the facts. You have to get all the facts taught in the passage.

1.) How many husbands are involved ?

2.) Who has died?

3.) Died to who ?

4.) How many are said to have died or made dead ?

4.) Died to what ?

5.) The one or ones who died, how did death come ?

6.) Who is the wife here ?

Just gather the facts as best as you can.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 14:12

[quote] [b] "Or are you ignorant, brothers (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law lords it over the man as long as he lives ? (v1)

for the married woman is bound by the law to her husband while he is living; but if the husband dies, sh ...[text shortened]... how did death come ?

Are you conducting a class of some kind? Lol .. 😀
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 14:13

[quote] [b] "Or are you ignorant, brothers (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law lords it over the man as long as he lives ? (v1)

for the married woman is bound by the law to her husband while he is living; but if the husband dies, sh ...[text shortened]... how did death come ?

"So then, my brothers, you also have been made dead to the law through the body of Christ so that you might be joined to another, to Him who has been raised from the dead, that we might bear fruit to God."

I imagine it is quite difficult to be joined to someone you are avoiding, and dismissing as
    not important.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 14:25
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    "So then, my brothers, you also have been made dead to the law through the body of Christ so that you might be joined to another, to Him who has been raised from the dead, that we might bear fruit to God."

I imagine it is quite difficult to be joined to someone you are avoiding, and dismissing as
    not important.
    Someone is joined to Christ by his acceptance of His doctrine and by his willingness to follow His commandments.

Nobody is joined to Christ by professing with their mouth that they believe only.

Jesus will judge who is joined and who is not. Paul was clear that a life of sin removes any perceived joining with Christ, while a life of good works and righteous living and following the commandments creates that join' you speak of.

Talk is nothing .. good works and righteousness is everything.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree