1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 05:42
    An ignorant or misinformed women ditches date
    when discovering he is Muslim (actually all he says
    is he has a Muslim name and his parents are Egyptian!)
    YouTube
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 06:55
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqgMmibSXoY
    What a bitch. That's all I have to say. (Yeah, I watched the video. He seemed like a decent guy to me.)
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 10:14
    I don't think 'misinformed' cuts it. In this day and age, if you have gone through school and been exposed to the internet you should know better than to think that all Muslim men beat up their wives. But the reality is that in a situation like that people often say things they don't mean and she could have good reasons to not wish to date a Muslim man but simply not have had the time to explain them.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 12:02
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I don't think 'misinformed' cuts it. In this day and age, if you have gone through school and been exposed to the internet you should know better than to think that all Muslim men beat up their wives. But the reality is that in a situation like that people often say things they don't mean and she could have good reasons to not wish to date a Muslim man but simply not have had the time to explain them.
    You would think that, but she was definitely put off by his name (even though he had told her once already) and even appeared repulsed. Just assuming he was Muslim (which he did verify by saying "why? Because I'm Muslim?" ), and then walking away after blasting him with stereotypes, is really just too much, and shows her to be intolerant. She actually did him a favor. It would have been far worse to learn that a person you have come to care for has this kind of intolerance for you merely because of your religion.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 12:13
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You would think that, but she was definitely put off by his name (even though he had told her once already) and even appeared repulsed. Just assuming he was Muslim (which he did verify by saying "why? Because I'm Muslim?" ), and then walking away after blasting him with stereotypes, is really just too much, and shows her to be intolerant. She actually did ...[text shortened]... you have come to care for has this kind of intolerance for you merely because of your religion.
    Would you find such behaviour more reasonable if he had said he was communist?
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 12:42
    if you have gone through school and been exposed to the internet you should know better than to think that all Muslim men beat up their wives.

I worked with a guy once that was Turkish. Several years ago, there was a criminal case in which the husband beat his wife to death with a hammer because she was molested by the husband's brother... an honor killing as it goes.. Anyhow, I asked my Turkish coworker what he thought about this case and if in his life/culture what he would do in a similar situation... I had added that if his uncle did the deed. His response took me aback as he said he would see the act by his uncle to kill his wife as a favor!

You just never know, our culture has brought us to where we are and I am not surprised by the girls response in the video, nor do I blame her.

The Muslim ideology in the way Muslim men treat their women (wives, children, sisters, etc.) in this country (USA) ought to be condemned if this is the way they believe... we already have a set of laws by which we live (and are meant to protect all). If those laws are not sufficient for those of other countries that immigrate here, then they should hop on the first plane back to the home land and continue on where it is permitted.

You can read the story here if you wish...
    http://www.jihadwatch.org/2004/04/new-york-man-killed-wife-for-honor-he-tells-cops
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 12:43
    So if the said woman abhors Islam, for any reason, then she is a bigot for not waning to date them?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 12:44
    I would never date a communist. Does that make me a bigot?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 12:451 edit
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    if you have gone through school and been exposed to the internet you should know better than to think that all Muslim men beat up their wives.

I worked with a guy once that was Turkish. Several years ago, there was a criminal case in which the husband beat his wife to death with a hammer because she was molested by the husband's brother.. ...[text shortened]... you wish...
    http://www.jihadwatch.org/2004/04/new-york-man-killed-wife-for-honor-he-tells-cops
    On more than one occasion I've known women who have children with Muslims and when they split they just take the children and run back to a Muslim country, never to be seen again.

And, of course, they started off being real "nice" guys.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 12:47
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    You just never know, our culture has brought us to where we are and I am not surprised by the girls response in the video, nor do I blame her.
    I am not certain what you are saying, but you appear to be saying that you are just as bigoted as the girl and that your bigotry is based on a personal anecdote. Is that correct?

Do you not realize that there are Muslims who do not beat their wives?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 12:52
    Actually, no. I have to say that I am close to being offended by your question. Do you ask me this merely because I am American and most Americans have distaste for communism? Then you yourself are treating me like a stereotype.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 12:53
    Maybe some people just don't want to date someone that thinks that someone like Mo that has the horrific human rights history he has and equally hateful rhetoric he spewed, is a perfect and upright man of God.
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 13:18
    I am not certain what you are saying, but you appear to be saying that you are just as bigoted as the girl and that your bigotry is based on a personal anecdote. Is that correct?

Do you not realize that there are Muslims who do not beat their wives?
    Not bigoted at all, in fact one of the things that I despise greatly is the events of 911, because with all the media and focus on radical Islam and terrorism, we now look at Muslims in a different way whether we like it or not... almost suspicious like, this I do not like (perhaps a brainwash on a certain level?). It has not changed however, we continue to do this today with what is happening around the world with ISIS, Boku Haran, etc... it paints a picture.

What's worse, there does not seem to be any conversations, outcry or condemnation of those who commit such horrendous acts by those of that faith in the media, even though it is asked for. So what does that leave one to believe?

No, I do not believe the story I posted is representative of all Muslim people. What I do understand of Islam however is it is not favorable to women as they are very often discriminated against on many levels... not all obviously but it is a stereotype... and we love our stereotypes.

To answer your question, yes I know there are Muslim men that do not beat their wives.

Different cultures meshing with different cultures brings problems, it is just how it is. This is not only on the family level but often time on the community level, and governmental levels as well. Just my opinion.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 13:27
    Christians are mandated by scripture not to be "unequally yoked"

The wisdom behind this is obvious. Why walk into a relationship where the hearts of both parties are diametrically opposed?
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 14:23
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What a bitch. That's all I have to say. (Yeah, I watched the video. He seemed like a decent guy to me.)
    Everyone sins. No such thing as a decent guy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree