1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 10:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    What is it I have only "read about"?
    The American political system? Do you actually have any first-hand knowledge of it?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 10:531 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The American political system? Do you actually have any first-hand knowledge of it?
    I am talking to you about American people and about Republicans in particular. I have plenty of first hand knowledge of American people, including Republicans. I also have first hand knowledge of the kinds of stereotypes you come out with. I feel well qualified to discuss both of these things with you. 😉
  3. Germany
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 11:01
    Originally posted by whodey
    Maybe some people just don't want to date someone that thinks that someone like Mo that has the horrific human rights history he has and equally hateful rhetoric he spewed, is a perfect and upright man of God.
    And maybe some of these same people believe in the divinity of a book that preaches genocide, murder, racism, rape, war and other breaches of "human rights."
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 11:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am talking to you about American people and about Republicans in particular. I also have first hand knowledge of the kinds of stereotypes you come out with. I have plenty of first hand knowledge of American people, including Republicans. I also have first hand knowledge of the kinds of stereotypes you come out with. I feel well qualified to discuss both of these things with you. 😉
    Apparently not, if you think that having a political opinion is tantamount to being a bigot or even holding a stereotype.

"I also have first hand knowledge of the kinds of stereotypes you come out with."
    Again, this is just something you have read about. And it is only your opinion, jaundiced as it is with your disapproval of me for disagreeing with you about nearly everything. And as such, it's not nearly important enough to mention twice in your reply. And as for your "first-hand knowledge" of American people, you certainly fail to understand them with any regularity in these forums. Because of all this, I don't feel you're qualified at all to discuss the American political system with any Americans, Republican or Democrat. And I certainly don't feel you're qualified at all to render an honest opinion on how "justified" is my opinion of Republicans. Any knowledge you may have of it is tainted by your misinformed opinion of me based on our interactions in these forums.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 11:30
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes certainly. This forum is after all for both debate and discussion.

[b]And when did I claim that you were "attacking" me? I only claimed that I was "close to being offended" and that your statement was just another stereotype I've seen before.

Except it wasn't a stereotype at all. I didn't think you were anti-communist, but I did know that you ...[text shortened]... ay that you, or an American Christian naturally distrusts Islam and communism. You made that up.[/b]
    We could go back and forth on this all night. It's 4:30am here and I'm fading fast.

We may have to settle for "agreeing to disagree" for now.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 11:38
    Apparently not, if you think that having a political opinion is tantamount to being a bigot or even holding a stereotype.
    You said, yourself, and about yourself: "I'm bigoted against Republicans".
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 11:43
    Because of all this, I don't feel you're qualified at all to discuss the American political system with any Americans, Republican or Democrat. And I certainly don't feel you're qualified at all to render an honest opinion on how "justified" is my opinion of Republicans.
    I am not discussing "the American political system" with you. I am discussing American people. And I am discussing your penchant for stereotyping a large diverse group of American people called Republicans.

I've met countless Americans over the past quarter of a century - of all political stripes, from many different walks of life, with different educational backgrounds, and who worked in a range of occupations or fields. Your attempts to stereotype Republicans amount to disinformation to my way of thinking.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 12:12
    We could go back and forth on this all night. It's 4:30am here and I'm fading fast.

We may have to settle for "agreeing to disagree" for now.
    I settle for no such thing. You imagined it. Feel free to come back tomorrow and prove me wrong by quoting me saying something that remotely implies that I think that American Christians naturally distrust Islam and communism. You will not succeed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree