1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 14:54
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Everyone sins. No such thing as a decent guy.
    I think you mistake 'decent' for 'perfect.'
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 15:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    So if the said woman abhors Islam, for any reason, then she is a bigot for not waning to date them?
    No. But it must be pointed out that what she said, was essentially that all Muslim men beat up their wives - that does make her a bigot.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 15:18
    On more than one occasion I've known women who have children with Muslims and when they split they just take the children and run back to a Muslim country, never to be seen again.

And, of course, they started off being real "nice" guys.
    But do you recognize that not all Muslim men come from 'Muslim countries' or would run back to such countries when divorced?
    Do you also recognize that many Christians do exactly the same thing? ie split with the children to another country where it is not easy to get custody.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 15:20
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Actually, no. I have to say that I am close to being offended by your question. Do you ask me this merely because I am American and most Americans have distaste for communism? Then you yourself are treating me like a stereotype.
    Have you considered that maybe you are stereotyping me given all the assumptions you just made because you know I am not american?

Do you consider distaste for communism to be reasonable? Are those that have a distaste for communists bigots?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 15:211 edit
    Maybe some people just don't want to date someone that thinks that someone like Mo that has the horrific human rights history he has and equally hateful rhetoric he spewed, is a perfect and upright man of God.
    Maybe so. But that is not the reason she gave.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 15:26
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    What's worse, there does not seem to be any conversations, outcry or condemnation of those who commit such horrendous acts by those of that faith in the media, even though it is asked for. So what does that leave one to believe?
    It should lead you to believe that your media is extremely biased. Muslims do in fact condemn the actions, but the media censors such condemnation out, whether deliberately or not is a complicated matter, but they do do it.

What I do understand of Islam however is it is not favorable to women as they are very often discriminated against on many levels... not all obviously but it is a stereotype... and we love our stereotypes.
    The same applies to Christianity.

Different cultures meshing with different cultures brings problems, it is just how it is. This is not only on the family level but often time on the community level, and governmental levels as well. Just my opinion.
    Do you recognise that 'Muslim' is not a culture. The incident you mentioned earlier regarding honour killings is not actually a Muslim practice but rather a middle eastern practice. The majority of Muslims do not live in the Middle East.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 16:00
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    An ignorant or misinformed women ditches date
    when discovering he is Muslim (actually all he says
    is he has a Muslim name and his parents are Egyptian!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqgMmibSXoY
    I dated a Muslim woman back in my 20s. I ended that relationship because she sided with a Muslim extremist who took over the govt of Trinidad in a bloody coup. Her true loyalties came out after that. Not me and that !!

People need to be careful with extremists of all religions.
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 16:102 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It should lead you to believe that your media is extremely biased. Muslims do in fact condemn the actions, but the media censors such condemnation out, whether deliberately or not is a complicated matter, but they do do it.

[b] What I do understand of Islam however is it is not favorable to women as they are very often discriminated against on many lev ...[text shortened]... ce but rather a middle eastern practice. The majority of Muslims do not live in the Middle East.
    Do you recognise that 'Muslim' is not a culture. The incident you mentioned earlier regarding honour killings is not actually a Muslim practice but rather a middle eastern practice. The majority of Muslims do not live in the Middle East

I am not up for endless of going back and forth, was just stating some facts. As for Turkey...

http://www.allaboutturkey.com/hristiyan.htm
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Turkey

Seems the honor killing is Islamic to me... could be wrong, i don't know. Nothing honorable to it... Would you agree on this point?

Israel being a middle eastern country that is mainly Jewish does not seem to struggle with this problem (for non-islamic women anyways).
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 17:21
    Do you recognise that 'Muslim' is not a culture. The incident you mentioned earlier regarding honour killings is not actually a Muslim practice but rather a middle eastern practice. The majority of Muslims do not live in the Middle East

I am not up for endless of going back and forth, was just stating some facts. As for Turkey...

http ...[text shortened]... at is mainly Jewish does not seem to struggle with this problem (for non-islamic women anyways).
    Hindus, and some Chinese cultures do 'honour killings' as well. I think its a far east issue.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 17:39
    Seems the honor killing is Islamic to me... could be wrong, i don't know. Nothing honorable to it... Would you agree on this point?
    I agree that there is nothing honourable in honour killings. I do not believe it is Islamic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing
    Killing one's wife or sister for tarnishing her honor or that of her family has not received approval from any Islamic scholar of any note, in either medieval or modern era.[75] Many Muslim commentators, and organizations condemn honor killings as an un-Islamic cultural practice

A brief read of that page suggests that it is most common in the middle east and the Pakistan / India region.
    However it is not unheard of in other parts of the world, with Spain even having had allowance for it in its legal code and something similar going on in Latin America.
    Historically it was practised by the Romans.

It must also be noted that there is no Quranic support for honour killings but there is Biblical support.
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    15 Apr '16 19:07
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Hindus, and some Chinese cultures do 'honour killings' as well. I think its a far east issue.
    Maybe, but I found honor killing to be despicable in our western culture and in general. As for the individual in the story that murdered his wife because of an unfortunate thing that happened to her?... even more so!... she was a victim twice over, and the recipient of the ultimate betrayal from a husband that ought to look after his wife. There are no words.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 08:27
    I would never date a communist. Does that make me a bigot?
    Oh c'mon. You'd date anything with a pulse.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 08:28
    So if the said woman abhors Islam, for any reason, then she is a bigot for not waning to date them?
    I wouldn't date a "Born-Again-Christian" but neither would I give them abuse.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 08:30
    I would never date a communist. Does that make me a bigot?
    No - possibly makes you a control freak who is scared
    by a woman having different political views to yourself.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Apr '16 08:31
    On more than one occasion I've known women who have children with Muslims and when they split they just take the children and run back to a Muslim country, never to be seen again.

And, of course, they started off being real "nice" guys.
    On more than one occasion I've known women who have children with non-Muslims and when they split they just take the children and run back to a non-Muslim country, never to be seen again.

Cant trust those non-Muslims!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree