1. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 18:18
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    see now since each large cabin consists of many rooms and there are many cabins. Who picks the Captain? certainly it cant be only one cabin or even a few.
    since whatever course the ship takes, ALL the rooms are being taken for the ride.

So its best to consult the rooms and let them decide and not the cabin stewards.
    So if there are more fascists on the ship, do we simply allow the extermination of Jews? An extreme example, I know.
  2. Meddling with things
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 18:19
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    The sheep are flocking.
    I need a history lesson. Tell me about the sheep and wolves.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 18:20
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    [b] Algernon: "As if you are entitled to expect that a Christian person should just smile and let you walk all over them."

Hear, hear.[/b]
    What about the medium involved here?

Surely any reasonable Christian would simply walk away from provocation whilst on an internet forum!
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 18:24
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Surely any reasonable Christian would simply walk away from provocation whilst on an internet forum!
    How should I know? I am not Christian.

What motivates your question? (I ask that respectfully.)
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 18:25
    Originally posted by Algernon
    How should I know? I am not Christian.

What motivates your question? (I ask that respectfully.)
    My question was directed towards ivanhoe.
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 18:32
    ...in a public forum.
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 18:39
    Originally posted by Halitose
    So if there are more fascists on the ship, do we simply allow the extermination of Jews? An extreme example, I know.
    an extreme example even without of the improper definition of fascist. The same example could have applied to Joshua's isrealites and the canaanites.or Hitler's Nazis

and the answer is no because that would be tossing shipmates overboard.

and could only be the result of letting one Cabin choose the Captain. Which btw is indeed fascism but doesn't have the genocidal implications.
  8. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 18:401 edit
    If you follow my moves here on RHP you will undoubtedly notice how many times I have ignored insults, provocations, accusations and degrading remarks.

Sometimes I will simply avoid talking to certain people, sometimes I will even explicitely refuse to talk to certain people, but you cannot walk away all the time as you seem to suggest as a solution to the problem. They will simply redouble their efforts in spouting insults and Ad Hominems. I once, a long time ago, was told by the admins to warn the mods in case of abuse. I regret to say that the mods as a whole are not much help in that regard. Many people have left the site because of this. I'm still around though .......
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 18:44
    If you follow my moves here on RHP you will undoubtedly notice how many times I have ignored insults, provocations, accusations and degrading remarks.

Sometimes I will avoid talking to certain people, sometimes I will even refuse to talk to certain people, but you cannot walk away all the time as you seem to suggest as a solution to the problem. They will ...[text shortened]... in that regard. Many people have left the site because of this. I'm still around though .......
    cry baby ,, false martyr.... you start more and insult more than anybody in rhp.
    Phony.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 18:46

Sometimes I will simply avoid talking to certain people, sometimes I will even explicitely refuse to talk to certain people, but you cannot walk away all the time as you seem to suggest as a solution to the ...[text shortened]... in that regard. Many people have left the site because of this. I'm still around though .......
    I guess what it comes down to is:

What would Jesus do?

Well, what do you think he would do?
  11. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 18:49
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    an extreme example even without of the improper definition of fascist. The same example could have applied to Joshua's isrealites and the canaanites.or Hitler's Nazis

and the answer is no because that would be tossing shipmates overboard.

and could only be the result of letting one Cabin choose the Captain. Which btw is indeed fascism but doesn't have the genocidal implications.
    Uh huh. And when it comes to issues where the cabins disagree on?
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 18:52
    I guess what it comes down to is:

What would Jesus do?

Well, what do you think he would do?
    You tell me.
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 18:55
    You tell me.
    I think he'd chase my ass out of here with a cat o' nine tails.
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 19:00
    I think he'd chase my ass out of here with a cat o' nine tails.
    Could be .....
  15. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    20 Sep '05 19:03
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Uh huh. And when it comes to issues where the cabins disagree on?
    especially when the cabin's disagree.

consider a different take on the Story of Noe ( setting aside it being a copy of Ziusudra's flood) if you leave off the other cabins the ship will run aground on a mountain top.

and even Christ almost missed the boat, took a miracle to be on it and then his purpose was to stop the storm and calm the sea. He didnt change the course.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree