Disobeying Jesus

Disobeying Jesus

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
20 Sep 05

Originally posted by darvlay
I guess what it comes down to is:

What would Jesus do?

Well, what do you think he would do?
Jesus would be feeding the hungry, not discussing the proper application of his words on an internet chess forum.

d

Moves
20 Sep 05

Originally posted by bbarr
Jesus would be feeding the hungry, not discussing the proper application of his words on an internet chess forum.
Of course, Forum Christ would never lose sight of that fact like so many of us mortals do too often.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
20 Sep 05

Of course, Forum Christ would never lose sight of that fact like so many of us mortals do too often.
Quite sorry but I think my boat story went off course and wound up in the wrong thread.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
20 Sep 05
1 edit

Here we got one of the provokers and abusers. Look at his avatar box ..... designed to cause offense .... his second name designed to cause offense ....... his remarks .... meant to cause offense ..... not just once but all the time ....... it is his business here on the forums.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
20 Sep 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe
Here we got one of the provokers and abusers. Look at his avatar box ..... designed to cause offense .... his second name designed to cause offense ....... his remarks .... meant to cause offense ..... not just once but all the time ....... it is his business here on the forums.
The offense you feel is indicative of some fear you carry within you. Let go of your fear ivanhoe, and be loved. Be made whole in Forum Christ.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
20 Sep 05

Don't you ever get tired of whining?

so what! If you don't wanna reap the tempest , don't sow the wind.

d

Moves
20 Sep 05

Someone with whom you almost always exchange insults and derogatory comments, with or without provocation.

C

Earth Prime

Moves
20 Sep 05

There is a difference between fighting back, and standing your ground. A difference between turning the other cheek, and giving yourself up.

A story was told by the author of a Christian book for men (Wild at Heart) of his son coming home from school one day after being pushed down by a bully. This father firmly instructed his son that the next time the bully pushes him down, he is to get up and punch back. Why? Because as it was, the son wasn't turning his cheek, he was giving up. The son has to learn that he has the ability to stand up for himself before he is able to really stand his ground and turn his cheek. Jesus had more power than anyone ever knew, and he chose against using it.

When a Christian is strong, he/she can hold up to a barrage of insults without needing to give them back. Strong enough to respond in strength and kindness rather than more fight.

d

Moves
20 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Coconut
There is a difference between fighting back, and standing your ground. A difference between turning the other cheek, and giving yourself up.

A story was told by the author of a Christian book for men (Wild at Heart) of his son coming home from school one day after being pushed down by a bully. This father firmly instructed his son that the next tim ...[text shortened]... ing to give them back. Strong enough to respond in strength and kindness rather than more fight.
So those who are responding with aggression are "weak" Christians? Interesting.

Ivanhoe, your rebuttal?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
20 Sep 05
2 edits

So those who are responding with aggression are "weak" Christians?

Ivanhoe, your rebuttal?
My rebuttal can be found throughout this thread. The things we are discussing are happening this very moment. You just have to open your eyes to see it.
How am I doing so far, do you think ? How would you react to the provocations and insults being expressed in this very thread ? How would you react .... and remember this is not an incident. This is intentional and structural. A friendly request to stop the accusations, provocations and offenses will not help, on the contrary it will make things worse. What would you do to make the offense stop ?

C

Earth Prime

Moves
20 Sep 05

So those who are responding with aggression are "weak" Christians? Interesting.

Ivanhoe, your rebuttal?
Not just aggression, but unneeded aggression. Jesus made a point by overturning the tables of the moneychangers in the church. His point: it will not be tolerated. To walk away from that would be weak of him. He made a point with the guards who spit and beat on and mocked him, that he wasn't going to fight back when he had all the strength in the world to do so.

Romans 12:10 -- Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
20 Sep 05

My rebuttal can be found throughout this thread. The things we are discussing are happening at this very moment. You just have to open your eyes to see it.
How am I doing so far, do you think ? How would you react to the provocations and insults being expressed in this very thread ? How would you react .... and remember this is not an incident. This is in ...[text shortened]... ot help, on the contrary it will make things worse. What would you do to make the offense stop ?
Ignore those who insult you, and they will tire of it and stop.

d

Moves
20 Sep 05

How would you react to the provocations and insults being expressed in this very thread ? How would you react .... and remember this is not an incident. This is intentional and structural. A friendly request to stop the accusations, provocations and offenses will not help, on the contrary it will make things worse. What would you do to make the offense stop ?
I would fight back with every ounce of vitriol and sarcasm within me, as I've done before here. Would you expect anything less of a godless heathen like myself?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
20 Sep 05

Originally posted by bbarr
Ignore those who insult you, and they will tire of it and stop.
heck, i thought I was flattering him.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
20 Sep 05
3 edits

I would fight back with every ounce of vitriol and sarcasm within me, as I've done before here. Would you expect anything less of a godless heathen like myself?
If I do this I can expect threads like yours. No matter what I do they will keep on accusing and insulting me, because that is their business.
Evidence can be found in this thread and many others .... and whether I retaliate or not, doesn't make the slightest difference. They just continue their "crusade" against what they see as evil. My personal behaviour can of course be a target, especially if I retaliate in an unchristian, their, way, but it isn't a decisive factor in this at all, my conviction and faith is the decisive factor for their continuous, unfair and deliberate attacks.