1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 04:11
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    If Jesus and God the father are the same entity, does that mean when Jesus died on the cross, God (the father) also died? Who raised Jesus from the dead?
    In colloquial terms, it's called being in two places at once. God can do that because he's godlike.
  2. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 04:22
    Originally posted by divegeester
    In colloquial terms, it's called being in two places at once. God can do that because he's godlike.
    So God can be dead and alive at the same time because he's God.🙄 Do you have a scriptural reference for this bizarre belief of yours?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 05:302 edits
    You are free to believe whatever you want sonship.

However...are you prepared yet to tell if you believe that my outright rejection of the doctrine and teaching of the trinity will somehow preclude me from being filled with the spirit of Christ?

However...are you prepared yet to tell if you believe that my outright rejection of the doctrine and teaching of the trinity will somehow preclude me from being filled with the spirit of Christ?

The issue is not my freedom to believe what I want.
    Neither did I pose the question to relate it to the filling of the Holy Spirit.

I wanted to see your answer and how you think about the passage.
    And I have seen it and take away that your answer, I think, is inadequate.

Three-oneness as a mysterious nature of God is not refuted by that reply you gave about offices.

Thanks for your answer.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 08:02
    So God can be dead and alive at the same time because he's God.🙄 Do you have a scriptural reference for this bizarre belief of yours?
    God came to us in the flesh, and the flesh died. Why do you have such a hard time with such a simple claim concept. Why must there be three people in God just because you need to compartmentalise this mystery.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 08:042 edits
    Originally posted by sonship

The issue is not my freedom to believe what I want.
    Neither did I pose the question to re ...[text shortened]... nature of God is not refuted by that reply you gave about offices.

Thanks for your answer.
    So you are still not willing to answer? And yet you expect me to indulge you in your strange beliefs and justify my own. I think not mate. You are too embarrassed, too threatened to respond to me question and we both know exactly why.

PS you don't need to quote and reply and then "quote" what I said. Try to be succinct.
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 10:20
    God came to us in the flesh, and the flesh died. Why do you have such a hard time with such a simple claim concept. Why must there be three people in God just because you need to compartmentalise this mystery.
    So did only the flesh die and not God? Surely if Jesus and God are the same entity it means that God dies if Jesus dies? If only Jesus dies and God is still alive it means they are not the exact same entity.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 16:21
    So did only the flesh die and not God? Surely if Jesus and God are the same entity it means that God dies if Jesus dies? If only Jesus dies and God is still alive it means they are not the exact same entity.
    No it means that spirit is eternal and flesh isn't. Unlock your mind.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 16:22
    @sonship...

Do you have the knowledge, the insight and the courage of your convictions to tell me if you believe that my outright rejection of the doctrine and teaching of the trinity will somehow preclude me from being filled with the spirit of Christ?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 17:251 edit
    Not only that God resurrected himself while he was dead, what nonsense.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 19:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Not only that God resurrected himself while he was dead, what nonsense.
    I think a Jehovah Witness accusing other Christians of "nonesense" is quite amusing.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 02:572 edits
    @sonship...

Do you have the knowledge, the insight and the courage of your convictions to tell me if you believe that my outright rejection of the doctrine and teaching of the trinity will somehow preclude me from being filled with the spirit of Christ?
    Does my belief in Revelation 14:9-12 preclude me from being filled with the Holy Spirit?

Concerning your question:

If I say "Definitely Yes, it precludes you from being filled with the Holy Spirit" does that change in any way the " We" of John 14:23, the "Us" of John 17:21 and the "We" of John 17:22 ?

On the other hand if is say "Definitely No, it simply does not preclude you from being filled with the Holy Spirit" does that in any way change the "We" of John 14:23, the "Us" of John17:21 and the "We" of John 17:22 ?

Does my answer in any manner whatsoever change these verses in the New Testament ? As far as I can see the truth of these passages is not altered one whit by whatever I believe about you being filled with the Holy Spirit.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 03:10
    Does my answer in any manner whatsoever change these verses in the New Testament ? As far as I can see the truth of these passages is not altered one whit by whatever I believe about you being filled with the Holy Spirit.
    Yes, sonship. But what do you believe with regard to divegeester being filled with the Holy Spirit (or not)? Saying you 'don't think it matters what you believe' is not a reason for not sharing ~ with divegeester ~ what you believe. You were not coy at all when expressing your belief that I may have caused "hundreds of people" on this forum to face "damnation" (torture) by simply posting non-Christian stuff here during discussions, and here you are being ever so coy about your belief with regard to the consequences of divegeester having a different take on doctrine from you. You are capable of admirable courage and tenacity as a poster and as an advocate for your beliefs at times, but in this matter, you are being strangely equivocal and timorous.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 03:441 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes, sonship. But what [b]do you believe with regard to divegeester being filled with the Holy Spirit (or not)? Saying you 'don't think it matters what you believe' is not a reason for not sharing ~ with divegeester ~ what you believe. You were not coy at all when expressing your belief that I may have caused "hundreds of people" on this forum ...[text shortened]... e for your beliefs at times, but in this matter, you are being strangely equivocal and timorous.[/b]
    Why pretend that I have never answered this question?

I have said no one has to be so conversant on the subject of the Triune God in order to be one in whom the Spirit of Christ has come to indwell.

Posturing like this line of questioning has never been answered is silly. Reopening this line of inquisition is like the heroic warring of a gladiator who thrusts at lions of his own imagination.

Strangely equivocal and timorous ?
    No I am not. Go back and locate over the last year or more ANY post of mine saying that if someone was not appreciating all the Bible says about the triune nature of God there was no way she or he could have or be filled with the Holy Spirit.

The New Testament talks about "the unsearchable riches of Christ as the gospel" (Eph. 3:8). Of course Christians could be at different levels of appreciation of those riches.

We have not really talked about the phrase "filled with the Holy Spirit". There are even two Greek words translated "filled" in the book of Acts concerning "filled with the Holy Spirit" - transliterated Plero and Pletho .
    And some teachers draw distinctions between these two "fillings",

To my recollection we have never had discussion on this Forum about "filled with the Holy Spirit".

It could be me but I think the line of questioning has morphed from simply "can he have the Holy Spirit if he doesn't believe in the Trinity like sonship?" to "can he be filled with the Holy Spirit if he doesn't believe in the Trinity like sonship?"

A Modalist may have the Holy Spirit.
    A Tritheist may also have the Holy Spirit.
    A person who knows nearly nothing except that Jesus is Lord may also have the Holy Spirit.

And of course a person who has a more balanced view of the Triune God realizing that there is the side of the the Three and the side of the One may have the Holy Spirit as I testify concerning thousands of believers that I know.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 03:48
    Strangely equivocal and timorous ?
    So, from what you can make out from what's said here, you believe divegeester is already "saved" just as you have claimed that you are already "saved"?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Feb '17 03:594 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    So, from what you can make out from what's said here, you believe divegeester is already "saved" just as you have claimed that you are already "saved"?
    Sure, he could be.

What I know about that has no effect on the revelation of the Father - Son - Holy Spirit being God in a mysterious three-one way.

Did you find that post of mine saying he could not be ?

If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. You've surely seen me quote Romans 9:9,10 many times.

Expecting now
    (Enter Rajk999 about keeping the commandments of Christ and "mouth worship" )

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree