1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '17 05:451 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Do you think that love and punishment are mutually exclusive ?

IE. If a person loves then that one cannot punish.
    If a person punishes then that one cannot love.

You do whatever you think you need to do.
    As for me, one of the things I have done is decided that with God eternal love does not mean eternal punishment cannot exist. And conv ...[text shortened]... ver could possess these two attributes together - an ultimate love and an ultimate chastizement.
    I simply see the notion of "punishment" and "justice" that you peddle to be a completely demented figment of human invention and dark, dark imagination. And I get it that it appeals to your imagination. I get that.

And I get that you love poring over the mythology, insisting that it's too amazing to have been written by humans etc. etc. blah blah. And you say it as if you being amazed by it (and sanctified by your own enthusiasm) is somehow "evidence" of something pertaining to the absolutely ghastly, incoherent ideology that you propagate, when it is only "evidence" of what kind of darkness animates you. And your earnestness - for all the buckets full you stack up in your arid self-anointed way - does not lend it any weight, sonship.

Ha ha, here you are referring euphemistically to the most incomprehensibly hideous and utterly pointless violence ever dreamed up by homo sapiens as "chastisement". I've explained to you time and time again, the "chastisement" you like to dub "perfect justice" just comes across as a kind of hyper-Orwellian vision of darkness and dystopia.

I couldn't give two hoots what la di da lovey dovey 'I am immortal', 'get out of gaol', 'I am forgiven' cards you deal yourself and lay on top of the essential stupendous 'coercion' that lies at its very core. The "chastisement" you claim is "perfect justice" simply robs you of a moral compass in my view.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '17 05:54
    ... an ultimate chastizement.
    "Chastisement..."

Have you ever seen someone being burnt alive? I haven't but I know people who have watched internet videos of what ISIS did to those pilots; burnt them alive in a cage. Fortunately for them the agony would only have lasted minutes, your ultimate lover deliberately makes it last for eternity. Why don't you stop and consider that for a moment your ultimate lover or ISIS. Who is worse?

There is no such thing as eternal punishment. Wake up!
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Feb '17 15:282 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester

This is in my New Testament in Matthew 25:46 -

" And these shall go away into eternal punishment ..."

This was spoken by Christ. Should I trust Christ or distrust Christ in favor of what you wrote? Again, you wrote -

I will trust what Christ taught.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Feb '17 17:39

This is in my New Testament in [b]Matthew 25:46
    -

" And these shall go away into eternal punishment ..."

This was spoken by Christ. Should I trust Christ or distrust Christ in favor of what you wrote? Again, you wrote -

I will trust what Christ taught.[/b]
    Punishment is everlasting because it cannot be reversed. The punishment is death and there is no hope of eternal life thereafter. Revelation calls it the SECOND DEATH. It is is NOT ETERNAL TORMENT as you incorrectly think. Punishment being eternal does not mean torment is also eternal.

For you to think that God would torment eternally a flawed human that lived sinfully for a mere 70 years, for an eternity means you your little mind cannot grasp the enormity of the word eternity.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 10:002 edits
    I guess I interpret these things differently. My idea of "perfect justice" is a million light years away from yours.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 10:021 edit
    Are there ANY consequences at all, of me rejecting the trinity doctrine?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree