Do any of you atheists

Do any of you atheists

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Dec 07

have nativity scenes and lights and Christmas trees set up a your house.
I don't!

s

At the Revolution

Moves
16 Dec 07

Originally posted by josephw
I don't!
You're an atheist?

No, to answer your question.

S

Moves
16 Dec 07

I don't!
Not nativity scenes, but tree and lights, yes.

P

Moves
16 Dec 07

I don't!
Nativity scenes, no. Christmas trees and lights, yes but then they have no religious significance as far as I am aware.

--- Penguin.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Dec 07

Originally posted by scherzo
You're an atheist?

No, to answer your question.
Are you kidding?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Dec 07

Originally posted by Starrman
Not nativity scenes, but tree and lights, yes.
The children love it. It's a good thing for them. The gifts. The hugs and kisses.

We have a tree and all set up at my son-in-laws.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Dec 07

Originally posted by Penguin
Nativity scenes, no. Christmas trees and lights, yes but then they have no religious significance as far as I am aware.

--- Penguin.
Unless you have a star on top!

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
16 Dec 07

I don't!
No nativity scene. But my wife and I have a small, artificial Christmas tree with mostly non-religious decorations. We do have an angel or two mixed in there. Holdovers from my wife's childhood.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
17 Dec 07

I don't!
We've got the works - tree, lights, nativity scene - my daughter's even got a kid's picture bible that she's reading at the moment.
I don't have any problem with it - she's only 6.
When she's older I'll tell her about my point of view - if she wants to follow me that's cool, if she prefers to buy into the christian stuff that's cool too.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
17 Dec 07

Are you kidding?
Yes. 😀

Knowing some of your other posts, your title, and your avatar, for me to truthfully suggest you being atheist would suggest an IQ of about 70. Strike that; divide it by ten.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Dec 07

Originally posted by rwingett
No nativity scene. But my wife and I have a small, artificial Christmas tree with mostly non-religious decorations. We do have an angel or two mixed in there. Holdovers from my wife's childhood.
When I was a child, and I'll still do it, I would lay down under the tree and look up through all the lights. It was surreal.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Dec 07

Originally posted by amannion
We've got the works - tree, lights, nativity scene - my daughter's even got a kid's picture bible that she's reading at the moment.
When she's older I'll tell her about my point of view - if she wants to follow me that's cool, if she prefers to buy into the christian stuff that's cool too.
I would struggle with the idea that one of my children might entertain the thought of being an atheist. I would think I did something wrong.
I can understand why you might not be too concerned. After all, from your perspective, as long as our children are balanced and happy what difference does it make.
Did I say that right?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Dec 07

Originally posted by scherzo
Yes. 😀

Knowing some of your other posts, your title, and your avatar, for me to truthfully suggest you being atheist would suggest an IQ of about 70. Strike that; divide it by ten.
Good! I would hate the idea that I had given you the wrong impression. 😉

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Dec 07

Originally posted by amannion
Thats the right approach. There should be no force or indoctrination either way. Your daughter will thank you for it.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
17 Dec 07

I would struggle with the idea that one of my children might entertain the thought of being an atheist. I would think I did something wrong.
I can understand why you might not be too concerned. After all, from your perspective, as long as our children are balanced and happy what difference does it make.
Did I say that right?
I'd rather she be an atheist. Obviously I think I'm right, and I'd prefer to see her follow my lead in that respect. But I'm not that fussed. My bigger concern is that she be healthy and happy - if she's a healthy happy christian, then my job is done.
(Mind you if she turned into a raving literal fundamentalist then there'd be problems. But I'm pretty confident I can weed anything like that out of her.)