1. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 16:14
    I hate God in the same way I think Hamlet's a Dane.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    30 Oct '15 17:04
    I hate God the same way I hate Nurse Ratched. Or Jar Jar Binks.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 03:46
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The first time I came to this forum was when there was a push going on in the US to get creationism taught in schools and I wanted to discuss the issue in debates. I was told to bring it here. I since found many of the topics being discussed interesting. The quality of discussion has decayed considerably since then. Nevertheless the main reason I am here is ...[text shortened]... use.

Is there anything do you don't understand about the above or want further clarification on?
    "I care about other people and wish them to know the truth."

"Is there anything do you don't understand about the above or want further clarification on?"

Only one: What is "the truth." you want other people to know?

Note: In my view, if one is taught, then both evolution and creationism should
    be taught in [public] schools; private schools set their own curriculums.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 05:40
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    In this case, that there is not God. More generally, I want all people to relieve a good general education and learn about all aspects of reality.

Note: In my view, if one is taught, then both evolution and creationism should be taught in [public] schools; private schools set their own curriculums.
    Firstly creationism should never ever be taught in science class because it is not science. I actually do not think any religious doctrine should be taught in schools as fact.
    I do not think private schools should be able to set their own curriculum beyond certain boundaries. I am not entirely certain but I do not think it is the case in either Zambia or SA that private schools can set their own curriculum entirely. I looked into home-schooling and there were quite strict regulations.
    What do you think should be taught here in SA where there are equal numbers of Muslims and Christians? Should they teach the children that Mohammed is the prophet of God or is it only your religion that you support being taught in school?
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 06:45
    [Note: In my view, if one is taught, then both evolution and creationism should
    Which Creationist story should be taught?
    Surely all of them if one?
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 11:06
    "I care about other people and wish them to know the truth."

"Is there anything do you don't understand about the above or want further clarification on?"

Note: In my view, if one is taught, then both evolution and creationism should
    They are both taught in schools in the UK. One in science, one in whatever they call RE nowadays.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 12:16
    The first time I came to this forum was when there was a push going on in the US to get creationism taught in schools and I wanted to discuss the issue in debates. I was told to bring it here. I since found many of the topics being discussed interesting. The quality of discussion has decayed considerably since then. Nevertheless the main reason I am here ...[text shortened]... .

Is there anything do you don't understand about the above or want further clarification on?
    So would you classify yourself as an "atheist activist"?

Or perhaps just someone with a prejudicial bias against a particular group of people?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 12:181 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    They are both taught in schools in the UK. One in science, one in whatever they call RE nowadays.
    Not being a resident of the UK, nor ever attending school in the UK, I would be interested in hearing what 'RE' is.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 12:26
    Don't get me wrong, I knew that this thread was a train wreck from the beginning.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 12:29
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So would you classify yourself as an "atheist activist"?

Or perhaps just someone with a prejudicial bias against a particular group of people?
    Neither.

I see no need to classify myself at all. If you wish to classify my as an 'atheist activist' go right ahead. Just don't be stupid enough to think that labels make reality.

As for 'prejudicial bias' - stop talking nonsense. You are one of the most prejudicially biased people I have ever met. You respond to all posts with extreme bias based on who posted it whilst largely ignoring the content. I on the other hand showed no prejudicial bias in the contents of the post you responded to.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 12:30
    Don't get me wrong, I knew that this thread was a train wreck from the beginning.
    That appears to be your opinion of all threads and you do your best to ensure the prediction comes true.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 12:42
    Neither.

I see no need to classify myself at all. If you wish to classify my as an 'atheist activist' go right ahead. Just don't be stupid enough to think that labels make reality.

As for 'prejudicial bias' - stop talking nonsense. You are one of the most prejudicially biased people I have ever met. You respond to all posts with extreme bias based o ...[text shortened]... nt. I on the other hand showed no prejudicial bias in the contents of the post you responded to.
    Right. So you're another one like FMF who responds to those he doesn't agree with with disdain.

Perhaps you might consider that that is why they don't agree with you.

I'm not "prejudicially" biased at all. But I do show a remarkable bias towards those who attempt to seize the 'high road' by claiming they're not prejudicially biased directly after making prejudicially biased statements.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 12:43
    That appears to be your opinion of all threads and you do your best to ensure the prediction comes true.
    More bias. Do go on.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 13:00
    Right. So you're another one like FMF who responds to those he doesn't agree with with disdain.
    No. It has nothing to do with disagreeing with you, it has to do with your behaviour on this forum.

Perhaps you might consider that that is why they don't agree with you.
    Perhaps you might consider why people treat you with disdain.

I'm not "prejudicially" biased at all.
    You most definitely are. In fact you have in the past been suspected of being the serial 'thumbs downer' or goes through threads thumbing down every post by certain posters.

But I do show a remarkable bias towards those who attempt to seize the 'high road' by claiming they're not prejudicially biased directly after making prejudicially biased statements.
    What prejudicially biased statement did I make?
    Demonstrate that I made a prejudicially biased statement and I will stand corrected. Fail to do so and my claim stands ie that you believed I made a prejudicially biased statement because I was the poster and not because of something I said.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 13:01
    More bias. Do go on.
    There is nothing biased in that statement. It is an observation of your behaviour on this forum. Is it untrue in any way? Do tell.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree