1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 06:00
    do you think maybe god is waiting for us, as opposed to us waiting for him? by that i mean heaven is a place that will exist on the earth, it will exist when mankind has progressed far enough spiritually that we realise there is only one core religion, one race, one love etc... by then we would have become one with god, understand god; we would have created our heaven on earth with him guiding us all along?
  2. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 07:11
    yes
  3. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 07:57
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    do you think maybe god is waiting for us, as opposed to us waiting for him? by that i mean heaven is a place that will exist on the earth, it will exist when mankind has progressed far enough spiritually that we realise there is only one core religion, one race, one love etc... by then we would have become one with god, understand god; we would have created our heaven on earth with him guiding us all along?
    yes
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 10:12
    Won't you be dead by then?
    Where will he fit all the people?
    Doesn't that conflict with revelations?
    Is 'mankind' an entity that is capable of progressing spiritually? Do you feel more 'progressed' than your parents?
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 10:131 edit
    if i ever found out this was heaven, i would be very disappointed; i would say then what is hell?
  6. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 12:09
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    if i ever found out this was heaven, i would be very disappointed; i would say then what is hell?
    I think he means making Earth as beautiful and wonderful as heaven is? .... i could be wrong....Eatmybishop please clarify!!!
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 12:39
    Do you see this happening? I don't mean to burst your bubble but have you taken a look around at the world lately? Global warming anyone? Terrorism and WMD's anyone? Genocide in the Sudan anyone? In fact, is there ANY evidence that man is evolving into a more "enlightened" state?

I would agree in terms of God waiting for us to the degree that he is awaiting us to reach out to him in order to save us from ourselves. In fact, Revelations seems to indicate that Christ will return specifically to save mankind from killing himself off altogether. Have you read Revelation?

Revelations 8:7 ".....and a third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up."

Revelations 6:8 "And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto THEM over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with the sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Granted, it does say that Christ will come back and make things right once again on earth so as to be "heaven on earth". However, man is not responsible for this transformation. Man is incapible of such a transformation if left to his own devices.
  8. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 07:19
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Is 'mankind' an entity that is capable of progressing spiritually? Do you feel more 'progressed' than your parents?
    i feel i have - spiritually speaking - progressed a lot further than my parents...

i think your original question twhitehead is - with all respect - something a 5 yr old would ask... of course mankind is capable of pregressing spiritually... take a look at the world around you, you'll find all sorts of people who are experiencing their own spiritually learning curve
  9. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 07:20
    Originally posted by whodey
    Do you see this happening? I don't mean to burst your bubble but have you taken a look around at the world lately? Global warming anyone? Terrorism and WMD's anyone? Genocide in the Sudan anyone? In fact, is there ANY evidence that man is evolving into a more "enlightened" state?

I would agree in terms of God waiting for us to the degree that he is aw ...[text shortened]... transformation. Man is incapible of such a transformation if left to his own devices.
    well if you're saying man is incapable there's no hope for any of us
  10. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 07:22
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    I think he means making Earth as beautiful and wonderful as heaven is? .... i could be wrong....Eatmybishop please clarify!!!
    i do jay yes... a heaven like existence on the earth... we wont be dead by then because we'll just keep on going through rebirth until eventually mankind finds a way....
  11. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 07:22
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    see comment above
  12. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 07:262 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    well i dont believe the bible anyway so dont really have any interest in those scary child stories you call revelations... i mean, come on, a rider on a horse called death, bringing hell with him.... what is this lord of the rings..???

i kinda meant spiritually living on the earth... by then we all would have progressed so far that the earth would be reborn with us as its spiritual inhabitants.....

if you can imagine the earth as it was when it had just been created, that is how most of us would imagine heaven to be
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 07:34
    i feel i have - spiritually speaking - progressed a lot further than my parents...

i think your original question twhitehead is - with all respect - something a 5 yr old would ask... of course mankind is capable of pregressing spiritually... take a look at the world around you, you'll find all sorts of people who are experiencing their own spiritually learning curve
    "Man" (individually) and "mankind" (as a group) are different things.

Pressure upon resources continues to increase. As long as supply and demand for resources are dis-synchronised, there will continue to be strife.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 08:03
    It seems, then, that you would have trouble understanding a 5 year old.
    I asked whether mankind as an entity or species progresses spiritually. I did not ask about individuals.
    I am atheist, my father was not, so is my 'subgroup' of mankind going backwards?
  15. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 12:16

Yes, a five year old would ask such a question and the answer (which you failed to give) is "yes, we will all be dead before then".

Again, a five-year old would ask this. I suppose the answer (which again is not forthcoming) would be some sort of handwaving. If we uploaded our conciouses into computers then there might be room but there certainly is not enough space for that many physical human bodies with all their requirements.

How many 5-year olds would ask that?

Again, not a 5-year old's question. Personally, I think we are able to develop intellectually, emotionally and socially and I reckon that 'spiritually' is encompassed by these.

--- Penguin.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree