1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 14:17
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Your dodge is noted yet again.
    Here's what you asked me: "So when you were a Christian you felt that Christianity was 'squandering' your human spirit and your intellectual and spiritual faculties?" It's so oafish, it simply must be trolling.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 14:19
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I have told you several times what I felt about my Christian beliefs when I was a Christian, including on this thread. I don't feel the need to repeat myself.
    You said that you personally think the curiosity-inhibiting, pre-packed "solutions" that a retail religion (like Christianity) gives superstitious people, are a kind of 'squandering' of the human spirit and our intellectual and spiritual faculties, so in that sense, yes, (you feel liberated now that you are no longer a Christian.)

That exactly describes mental bondage.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 14:22
    You said that you personally think the curiosity-inhibiting, pre-packed "solutions" that a retail religion (like Christianity) gives superstitious people, are a kind of 'squandering' of the human spirit and our intellectual and spiritual faculties, so in that sense, yes, (you feel liberated now that you are no longer a Christian.)

That exactly describes mental bondage.
    Like I explicitly said, it was not like mental bondage or anything like it. It's as if you are completely ignoring everything I have said in multiple posts, addressed to you, about my positive memories of being a Christian.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 20:141 edit
    So why did you post the lyrics if they apply to "any person" ?
    Who is it that you think you are providing benefit to by asking the question?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '17 22:20
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Who is it that you think you are providing benefit to by asking the question?
    The question you are dodging is: why did you post the lyrics if they apply to "any person" and not just members of your religion ?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 04:38
    Like I explicitly said, it was not like mental bondage or anything like it. It's as if you are completely ignoring everything I have said in multiple posts, addressed to you, about my positive memories of being a Christian.
    Of course you would say that because you don't want it to sound like you were psychologically abused. Everything you say actually seems to indicate that you think you were abused. The amount of hatred and vitriol you spew towards Christianity certainly doesn't seem to align with your claims of 'positive memories'.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 04:39
    Of course you would say that because you don't want it to sound like you were psychologically abused. Everything you say actually seems to indicate that you think you were abused.
    No, I wasn't abused. Not at all.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 04:40
    The amount of hatred and vitriol you spew towards Christianity certainly doesn't seem to align with your claims of 'positive memories'.
    You should just call how you see it. When it comes to my Christian past, that's what I do.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 05:13
    No, I wasn't abused. Not at all.
    So unlike me, you had no rules that you had to follow as a Christian?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 05:22
    So unlike me, you had no rules that you had to follow as a Christian?
    Unlike you, I was not systematically deprived. My access and exposure to information, opinions, ideas, was not restricted.

I was freely able to meet and socialize with people of both sexes and people with different points of view.

I was actively involved in projects where individuality and independence of thought was encouraged.

I didn't live in any kind of compound and I had freedom of movement. I was not isolated from people of different faiths; I was not excluded from anything normal on account of any kind of exceptionalism or contempt for others.

There were no threats of being ostracized by my family or friends hanging over me. There was no physical abuse or intimidation.

I cannot recall any fearmongering on the part of those who were responsible for me growing up as a Christian.

Nobody from that era in my life has anything to apologize for. The rules I had to follow did not constitute abuse. Indeed, I am grateful for the upbringing I was given.

No, I wasn't psychologically abused. And no, I do not "hate" Christianity.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 05:28
    Unlike you, I was not systematically deprived. My access and exposure to information, opinions, ideas, was not restricted.

I was freely able to meet and socialize with people of both sexes and people with different points of view.

I was actively involved in projects where individuality and independence of thought was encouraged.

I didn't live in any ...[text shortened]... ging I was given.

No, I wasn't psychologically abused. And no, I do not "hate" Christianity.
    Are any of your family still Christian?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 05:332 edits
    Are any of your family still Christian?
    I have told you the answer to this countless times in posts addressed directly to you. That you would ask me again regardless, feels like you are trolling. I have told you in the past about the religious beliefs of my family and my friends and many of my neighbours and the people I work with. You have chosen to ignore it. No more questions about my family please.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 05:44
    I have told you the answer to this countless times in posts addressed directly to you. That you would ask me again regardless, feels like you are trolling. I have told you in the past about the religious beliefs of my family and my friends and many of my neighbours and the people I work with. You have chosen to ignore it. No more questions about my family please.
    Do you think that these family and friend of yours are 'morally and intellectually paralyzed' by the fact that they use the Bible as their moral guide?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 05:48
    Do you think that these family and friend of yours are 'morally and intellectually paralyzed' by the fact that they use the Bible as their moral guide?
    Please reread the post you are replying to. I am asking you to desist with questions about my family specifically because I believe you are trolling me. If I choose to reveal or repeat things I have said about my wife and children and my relatives in posts I address to other posters, you will be able to read about them there.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 05:54
    Please reread the post you are replying to. I am asking you to desist with questions about my family specifically because I believe you are trolling me. If I choose to reveal or repeat things I have said about my wife and children and my relatives in posts I address to other posters, you will be able to read about them there.
    So as long as they aren't family or friends you are happy to say that they are morally and intellectually paralyzed by their religious beliefs. Good to know.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree