Doctrines and teachings not required for salvation

Doctrines and teachings not required for salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Feb 22
1 edit

@kingdavid403 said
ALL who call on the Lord will be saved; and then some, in my opinion; that includes Trinitarians; which I am not. Believing everything written in the Bible is NOT a requirement for Salvation; even tho I believe every Word written in the Bible.
So in a sense, you are correct in my opinion.
Saved does not mean eternal life in the kingdom of God. Paul said women will be saved in childbearing. Do you think all women who bear children will get eternal life?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Feb 22

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@divegeester said
No. I said doctrines are opinions.
The doctrine of salvation is opinion?

God's word is His opinion?

You're making no biblical sense.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@divegeester said
You are mistaken.
Mistaken about what?

Quit blurting.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@divegeester said
You are also mistaken with this assertion.
By the time you're done hanging scripture out to dry there will be nothing left to believe in.

Ever hear of "sound doctrine"? The Bible is chock full of truth, which is sound doctrine, but all you ever talk about are your pet peeves and sounding off about your own distorted opinions.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

Isn’t it funny how rajk999 has no problem with divegeester’s ridiculous assertion that “everyone goes to Heaven” but will endlessly argue about salvation by Grace through faith which has way more support in the Holy Bible.

And where’s Ghost defending the integrity of Christianity from divegeester’s ridiculous “everyone goes to Heaven” nonsense?

I guess atheists and Christ deniers stick together and only attack Christians who believe in the deity of Christ.

Says a lot.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
<<Salvation is free and for everyone. It refers to not being extinct after death.>>

How do you square this statement with…

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

(John 3:16)

“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine he ...[text shortened]...
Jesus Christ, the Apostle John and the Apostle Paul are all saying the same thing in those verses.
Bump for divegeester 😊

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Feb 22

@kingdavid403 said
ALL who call on the Lord will be saved; and then some, in my opinion; that includes Trinitarians; which I am not. Believing everything written in the Bible is NOT a requirement for Salvation; even tho I believe every Word written in the Bible.
So in a sense, you are correct in my opinion.
Thank you.

Thank you for actually addressing my OP instead of flinging your poo like a chimp, which some are doing here.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Feb 22

@sonship said
@divegeester
As I’ve said to you dozens of times, when you are prepared to enter into a “yes” or “no” response to questions I will be more than happy to indulge you.

Yea, yea.
You'll be "more than happy" to do sqwat.
Though so.

Let me know when want me to post the challenge again.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Feb 22
1 edit

@josephw said
The doctrine of salvation is opinion?

God's word is His opinion?

You're making no biblical sense.
Doctrines are a human construct.

Doctrines are the opinions of people which over years and years which have coalesced into sacred thought-cows.

Chunk of religious ideology which have been developed to be swallowed whole by a fearful laity incapable of challenging the sanctimonious status quo.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
By the time you're done hanging scripture out to dry there will be nothing left to believe in.

Ever hear of "sound doctrine"? The Bible is chock full of truth, which is sound doctrine, but all you ever talk about are your pet peeves and sounding off about your own distorted opinions.
I deliberately haven’t mentioned “scripture” only doctrine.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Doctrines are a human construct.

Doctrines are the opinions of people which over years and years which have coalesced into sacred thought-cows.

Chunk of religious ideology which have been developed to be swallowed whole by a fearful laity incapable of challenging the sanctimonious status quo.
2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Your ideas and opinions are heretical, and are a direct contradiction of the scriptures. Even antichrist.

A reprobate mind occurs as a result of rejecting the clear truth of God's Word and substituting it with ones personal interpretations and opinions.

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
(Embolden mine)

Apparently you can't just believe what the scriptures say. Your teachers have deceived you.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
I don’t disagree with this scripture. I’m challenging the doctrines not scripture.

You seem to be having comprehension issues.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@divegeester said
I deliberately haven’t mentioned “scripture” only doctrine.
Doctrine is developed by the scriptures. Without the scriptures there is no doctrine, only opinion.

The Bible isn't a book of opinions.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said

Your ideas and opinions are heretical, and are a direct contradiction of the scriptures. Even antichrist.
I think you are mistaken.

Calling my ides “antichrist” might make you feel like you are exercising your self proclaimed “spiritual muscle” Josephw, but it’s a piss poor argument. No better than me calling you a tosser.