Doctrines and teachings not required for salvation

Doctrines and teachings not required for salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Feb 22
1 edit

@josephw said

A reprobate mind occurs as a result of rejecting the clear truth of God's Word and substituting it with ones personal interpretations and opinions.
Telling me I am an “antichrist” and have a “reprobate mind” is typical of your bover-booted approach to dealing with disagreement Josephw.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said

Apparently you can't just believe what the scriptures say. Your teachers have deceived you.
I disagree with your interpretation of some scriptures and the doctrines you have accepted over time as being truth.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Feb 22
1 edit

@josephw said
Doctrine is developed by the scriptures. Without the scriptures there is no doctrine, only opinion.
This is close to what I said on the previous page somewhere.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@divegeester said
I don’t disagree with this scripture. I’m challenging the doctrines not scripture.

You seem to be having comprehension issues.
You have repeatedly challenged the scriptures every time you voice your opinion with regards to what it plainly says.

Two people sitting at a table in a room somewhere agreeing together that Jesus Christ is Lord. There's a third person present in the room. There's a Bible on the table. What the Bible says is Jesus speaking to them both. What Jesus says isn't open to either person's personal interpretation.

You, divegeester, have spent years here promoting your personal interpretations and opinions with regards to a host of things the scriptures say simply because you can't stomach the truth.

You hear your own voice. And because you can't win an argument against God's Word you heap insult on insult on those that actually believe what the scriptures say.

I pity you.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@divegeester said
This is close to what I said on the previous page somewhere.
These blurts of yours do nothing to communicate the truth of God's Word.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@divegeester said
I disagree with your interpretation of some scriptures and the doctrines you have accepted over time as being truth.
The scriptures interpret themselves. You haven't learned how to understand them because you overlay your own biased opinions on them instead of just allowing them to speak for themselves.

2 Peter 1:20,21
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Plainly means what it says. The scriptures speak for themselves.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
These blurts of yours do nothing to communicate the truth of God's Word.
But calling me a reprobate and Antichrist at least makes you feel better huh?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
The scriptures interpret themselves. You haven't learned how to understand them because you overlay your own biased opinions on them instead of just allowing them to speak for themselves.
I think this is exactly what you do.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
The scriptures interpret themselves.
Then why does Christendom have so many interpretations ?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@divegeester said
But calling me a reprobate and Antichrist at least makes you feel better huh?
You misread what I said.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@divegeester said
I think this is exactly what you do.
On the contrary, when I read the text of scripture I hear them speaking to me.

The scriptures are God speaking to me. Much of it is hard to accept sometimes because it goes against the grain of my own selfish self will.

Hebrews 4:12,13
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Feb 22

@divegeester said
The trinity (capitalised or otherwise) (non biblical made up hokum anyway)
Hell and lakes of fire, brimstone, sulphur or any other apocalyptic occurrences
Being cast into said lakes
Burning alive in said lakes
Burning alive in said lakes for eternity
Miracles (no matter how lovely or helpful e.g. water into wine)
Floods and other mass extinction events
Genealogie ...[text shortened]... st at Calvary. In terms of “salvation” everything else is, relatively speaking, theological scenery.
I'm not sure what you base your idea on salvation upon since the same source for all the things you listed is the same source for Jesus' salvation. If you cannot believe many of the scriptures as they are written, how do you believe in a handful you accept as good and reliable? Is it just that you like some and not others? Therefore, those you like are good and reliable, and those you don't become unreliable, making you the judge over the Word God, the great diviner of what is good and acceptable and what isn't within the Word of God itself?

Adding to and taking away from scriptures isn't an acceptable practice in either the Old Testament or the New, and you are doing that here.

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
I'm not sure what you base your idea on salvation upon since the same source for all the things you listed is the same source for Jesus' salvation. If you cannot believe many of the scriptures as they are written, how do you believe in a handful you accept as good and reliable? Is it just that you like some and not others? Therefore, those you like are good and reliable, and ...[text shortened]... es isn't an acceptable practice in either the Old Testament or the New, and you are doing that here.
So you say divegeester must believe in ALL the listed doctrines [in the OP] in order to be "saved"?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Then why does Christendom have so many interpretations ?
Why indeed.

Genesis 3:1-6
¶ Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
¶ And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
¶ And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
¶ And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

That's where it started. That theme goes straight through the Bible to the end of the book of Revelation.

Jesus was tempted in the same exact way by Satan.

It boils down to the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life.

1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

That's the root of the corruption of God's Word, in my opinion.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@fmf said
So you say divegeester must believe in ALL the listed doctrines [in the OP] in order to be "saved"?
No. That is not what I'm saying.

If you had been paying attention to what I have said, and understood what I meant, you wouldn't say that.