1. Earth
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 05:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    I am not sure every religion is said to be based in love. For example, I am not sure Islam views God as a God that is based in love. Allah actually is said to hate certain people and only loves those who do his bidding. In fact, Allah continues to desire the deaths of infidels world wide.

Conversly, the Chrisitan God is a God of love because Christ said ...[text shortened]... to kill in the name of Christ. However, they were not following his example now were they? 😉
    And Christians continue to spread love all around the world, especially in the Middle East. So much so, that people of that region are overwhelmed and are trying their best to return some of that love back to us.
  2. CA, USA
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 07:34
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I have considered the subject of believing that there is no God in the Bible itself.

I can see much indication that God believes that atheists exists. Can any Bible student give me a reason to believe that God believes in Athiests?
    It's funny that so many people responded to this poorly worded post.

1. "Does God Believe in Atheists?"

Think about that.
    Doesn't being God mean that you KNOW as opposed to "believe" anything?

2. "I have considered the subject of believing that there is no God in the Bible itself."

Somebody tell me what the heck that means!
    To me it comes off as .. I'm thinking about believing that there is no God in the bible itself.

3. "I can see much indication that God believes that atheists exists. Can any Bible student give me a reason to believe that God believes in Athiests?"

I'm not a bible student, but my concept of God is such that He doesn't "believe" anything .. He knows everything. (that's what makes Him God)
    From my reading of the bible I think that atheists are the prodigal sons written about in the bible. God is very aware of these and loves them very much. When one of these turns around and comes home God is overjoyed.
    In this sense, God believes in atheists.
  3. Illinois
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 07:37
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    But the omnipotent, omniscient tw*t chooses not to save, right? Like a kid with a PSP.
    It isn't true that God chooses people to damn. Scriptures teach that God elects for salvation, but that unbelievers are in hell by their own choice. Every passage of the Bible that deals with election deals with it in the context of salvation, not damnation. No one is elect for hell. The only support for such a view is human logic, not Biblical revelation.

God knows and has known from “eternity past” who will exercise their free will to accept Him and who will reject Him. The former are “the elect” and the latter are the “non-elect.” Everyone who is not saved will have only himself to blame: God will not send anyone to hell, but many people will choose to go there by exercising their free will to reject Christ.
  4. Illinois
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 07:39
    Originally posted by jammer
    It's funny that so many people responded to this poorly worded post.

1. "Does God Believe in Atheists?"

Think about that.
    Doesn't being God mean that you KNOW as opposed to "believe" anything?

2. "I have considered the subject of believing that there is no God in the Bible itself."

Somebody tell me what the heck that means!
    To me it comes off as ...[text shortened]... round and comes home God is overjoyed.
    In this sense, God believes in atheists.
    My thoughts exactly... Well said.
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 09:15
    Originally posted by Varqa
    It was actually a joke, but you obviously are in too bad of a mood to notice.

By the way, dumb and stupid are pretty strong words coming from someone who has a Chess rating of 800 and still believe in Communism.
    What has my chess rating or my political beliefs got to do with anything? Last time I looked that wasn't what the debate was about. Oh no, wait, I got ya. You're just another one of them ones who can't tackle my points head on, so feel you have to attack me personally. Feel free. Go ahead. You think I care?
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 09:17
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    It isn't true that God chooses people to damn.
    Then he's either not omnipotent, not omniscient or contradictory with logic.
  7. Solaris
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 09:23
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Then he's either not omnipotent, not omniscient or contradictory with logic.
    Omnipotence means possibility, not an imperative of doing something. Omniscence means knowledge, not an nesscesity to intervene. Weak attack, I would rather strike against universal love.
  8. Joined
    31 May '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 09:36
    Same thing again! Bring up that contradiction in logic and you will ALWAYS be met with a version of "God is omnipotent, but he isn't that omnipotent" XD
  9. Solaris
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 09:53
    Originally posted by doodinthemood
    Same thing again! Bring up that contradiction in logic and you will ALWAYS be met with a version of "God is omnipotent, but he isn't that omnipotent" XD
    I beg your pardon??? Did I say anything like "not that omnipotent". I just said that possibilty does not equal to obligation. Would you disagree, logical friend???
  10. Solaris
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 09:56
    Same thong again. Tell an atheist a logical explanation of a old, good "theist-catch", instead of telling about mystical secrets, and what??? Silence.
  11. Joined
    31 May '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 10:20
    I had logged off? and if he is capable of freing the damned, but does not, then that's a rather nasty god you're worshipping.
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 10:33
    Originally posted by Choreant
    Omnipotence means possibility, not an imperative of doing something. Omniscence means knowledge, not an nesscesity to intervene. Weak attack, I would rather strike against universal love.
    Yep. He forgot to add morally perfect.

Thread 21886
  13. Solaris
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 10:41
    Originally posted by doodinthemood
    I had logged off? and if he is capable of freing the damned, but does not, then that's a rather nasty god you're worshipping.
    Forgivness, Freind, Forgivness. Absolution.
    Any idea about those "not so potent" ???
  14. Solaris
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 10:43
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Yep. He forgot to add morally perfect.

Thread 21886
    Yep, but this entire argument Thread 21886 sucks, beacuse point (2) cannot be taken as an axiom.
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 10:48
    Originally posted by Choreant
    Yep, but this entire argument Thread 21886 sucks, beacuse point (2) cannot be taken as an axiom.
    That has been addressed in the thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree