Does God cause natural disasters?

Does God cause natural disasters?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
01 Mar 10
1 edit

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Because we were pissed off and wanted our President to have the power to bitchslap anyone he felt he needed to in order to get the bastards who planned 9/11.
Did any of you seriously think that Iraq had anything to do with 9/11? Or was it a form of general anti-Arab/Muslim sentiment?

Cape Town

Moves
01 Mar 10

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
i have another theory.
only the retarded americans bother to vote. and most of them couldn't care less that bush does whatever the damn well he pleases as long as america kicks buttocks. and the smart americans couldn't care enough to do something about it when it became obvious the bush administration doesn't really have a motive for invading iraq.

apathy allowed for the war in my opinion.
I don't think the war in Iraq was voted on (by the general populace). I think support for it was obtained, but not via a direct vote. You may be right though that the more vocal people on the subject were the ones who supported it.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Mar 10
2 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
A nuclear war cannot 'end the planet'. It might wipe out humans, but even that is unlikely. But even if it triggered a global ice age, life would not die out immediately.

[b]It doesn't feel like that anymore. Perhaps we've turned a corner? Perhaps we're just damn lucky.

Or perhaps the likelihood of nuclear war has nothing to do with your feelings. any other planet that has achieved our level of technology? Or was it mere speculation?[/b]
As you may have noticed I dont deal with definate 'edges' to my arguements, hence it is easy to pick them apart. If you want to get into the spirit of it I'm sure you have an idea of where I'm coming from.
1.Let me correct my first assertion. Wipe out humans,yes, not end the planet. Even though life on this planet would end for humans.Same kinda thing really-if viewed from the inside.
2.You dont think the world had a likely chance of ending on a nuclear war? Gosh I must be reading some other planets history.
3.doesn't matter how many times. I meant it is a likelyhood in the event that a species reaches this level of evolution.
Universal Law stipulates that other "advanced" races shall not interfere with the 'natural' evolution of another planet.
This has not been strictly adhered to in our case because our future (at some point ,say, maybe 35 years ago), was foreseen to be completely doomed. Indeed our species was headed for total annihilation and some other 'aliens' asked the Universal Federation permission to 'interfere' and thus change the outcome. Hence our present.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Mar 10

I could be wrong about all this alien business. Perhaps its just a way to look at ourselves in the universe which will render our minds open and ready for the real, non-linear truth about ourselves.
Stuff like christianity is just a kick along in the right direction after all. There's no end-truth that can be put in words. What I may define as 'aliens' might be something totally different and unidentifiable in our way of thinking, let alone our language. Like I said before, this life is 90% preparation.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Mar 10

Unless I am mistaken he only told Noah - who then only told a few of his neighbors. Unless the world population at the time was tiny, a large number of people went unwarned.
Further, a warning you don't believe is not a warning, if the warning was believed then it is unlikely that the people would not repent.
And thats not even starting to get into the ...[text shortened]... they either guilty nor capable of doing anything about it even if they had heeded the warning.
Heb 11:7. 2Pet 2:5. Go back to these scriptures again and notice it says that Noah was a preacher in 2Pet. He was a preacher of what and to whom? He wasn't preaching what Jesus word's were as Jesus had not come to earth yet. Could it be he was preaching to all that he could for the decades before the flood that it was going to happen? This is even portrade in a famous Hollywood movie. So it's not that hard to figure out that Noah was telling ones in his area that he could about the coming flood that God told him about. It may have not gotten to all flesh but with the warning coming from Noah it could have easlily been passed on to many thousands during that time.
So yes a warning from God thru Noah had been told as a warning to most.

u
Sharp Edge

Dulling my blade

Moves
02 Mar 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Heb 11:7. 2Pet 2:5. Go back to these scriptures again and notice it says that Noah was a preacher in 2Pet. He was a preacher of what and to whom? He wasn't preaching what Jesus word's were as Jesus had not come to earth yet. Could it be he was preaching to all that he could for the decades before the flood that it was going to happen? This is even portra ...[text shortened]... s during that time.
How did Noah have the potential to spread this message to "most", especially back in the day without our current technological advantages of mass communication?
Does it not seem a bit undersighted for God only to give this message to one guy most probably thought was crazy anyway?

Cape Town

Moves
02 Mar 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
What I may define as 'aliens' might be something totally different and unidentifiable in our way of thinking, let alone our language. Like I said before, this life is 90% preparation.
Whatever they are, they seem to have been able to tell you about other planets with advanced species on that destroyed themselves. Do you think they could at least tell us the location of one other planet that has life on so we can help NASA out? Or do they behave like God in that anything that might prove their existence is banned?

Cape Town

Moves
02 Mar 10

Heb 11:7. 2Pet 2:5. Go back to these scriptures again and notice it says that Noah was a preacher in 2Pet. He was a preacher of what and to whom? He wasn't preaching what Jesus word's were as Jesus had not come to earth yet. Could it be he was preaching to all that he could for the decades before the flood that it was going to happen? This is even portra ...[text shortened]... s during that time.
Not only do you not address most of my points, but you make an unwarranted conclusion on rather scant information. You simply cannot honestly claim "a warning from God thru Noah had been told as a warning to most" using the information available to you. It may be possible under certain conditions, but your statement implies it is known fact when it is pure speculation on your part.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Mar 10

Whatever they are, they seem to have been able to tell you about other planets with advanced species on that destroyed themselves. Do you think they could at least tell us the location of one other planet that has life on so we can help NASA out? Or do they behave like God in that anything that might prove their existence is banned?
You could say they behave like God, as you put it. Pretty frustrating. I've heard there is advanced life around the Pliedien system. I really dont know much about astromony but what I do know is that getting to these places in a physical ship is extremely hard. Even if it were possible there are so many physical things to overcome. Gravity.Atmosphere. And especially viruses and disease. Our species has developped an immune system to deal with our germs and vice versa. I think you know where I'm going with this.
The point I'm getting at is that what I mean by 'advanced' is spiritually advanced.This includes 'technology' although I'm not entirely sure what 'spiritually advanced' technology what be like. I suspect their materials would not be metallic.
The point they are trying to make is that we need to develop our spirituality, our concept(s) of God, our humanity ,etc. before they make contact. They dont want to be babysitters to come down here and look after us...until something goes wrong and we blame them.
Science has consatntly been proven to be wrong or innacurate.Do you think this trend has stopped? What do the possibilites of quantum science tell you? It tells me that there is still a hell of a lot we dont understand about our universe. At the same time I do not advocate throwing out our current scientific understanding,lest we fall back into the dark ages. We need to take what we have, scientifically and spiritually and...everything positive, and keep working hard. All of us in our respective fields. There are amazing answers to be found for humanity collectively and not just a few blessed individuals, as has been the way of our past.

In short the reason we have not discovered them is that we are looking in the wrong way. (like SETI)

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Mar 10

Not only do you not address most of my points, but you make an unwarranted conclusion on rather scant information. You simply cannot honestly claim "a warning from God thru Noah had been told as a warning to most" using the information available to you. It may be possible under certain conditions, but your statement implies it is known fact when it is pure speculation on your part.
There has been constant rain here for about 6 days in a row now. All day and all night. My backyard is a bit flooded. Still, I really doubt forty days of constan rain would flood the whole Earth. Not even close at this rate.

Cape Town

Moves
02 Mar 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
You could say they behave like God, as you put it. Pretty frustrating.
I find it pretty unbelievable, ie I don't believe in entities that do not have any good evidence in their favor. In your case, you have obviously communicated with entities, so you believe they exist, however if I was you, I wouldn't believe a word they said unless there was some confirmation that it was true. You see they appear to be feeding you a whole lot of garbage and you simply take it as fact when you have no idea whether it is true or not - rather like the way some people suck up the Bible. Whats interesting is that you quite happily criticize people for doing the same with the Bible.

I've heard there is advanced life around the Pliedien system.
Not much use unless we know where that is.

I really dont know much about astromony but what I do know is that getting to these places in a physical ship is extremely hard. Even if it were possible there are so many physical things to overcome. Gravity.Atmosphere. And especially viruses and disease. Our species has developped an immune system to deal with our germs and vice versa. I think you know where I'm going with this.
I don't want to go there, I want our astronomers to point their telescopes in that direction to see if they can pick up any stray tv signals.

They dont want to be babysitters to come down here and look after us...until something goes wrong and we blame them.
Pretty useless baby sitters then. They are obviously not too advanced themselves if their main concern is avoiding blame.

Science has consatntly been proven to be wrong or innacurate.
No it hasn't. That is a misrepresentation of science. Science is a process whereby we find study the universe around us and learn more and more each day. The fact that we know more today than yesterday does not make yesterdays partial knowledge 'proven to be wrong or innacurate'.

In short the reason we have not discovered them is that we are looking in the wrong way. (like SETI)
Except that a) you claim to have discovered them and b) you equally claim that they are careful not to be discovered. Rather full of contradictions isn't it?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Mar 10

I find it pretty unbelievable, ie I don't believe in entities that do not have any good evidence in their favor. In your case, you have obviously communicated with entities, so you believe they exist, however if I was you, I wouldn't believe a word they said unless there was some confirmation that it was true. You see they appear to be feeding you a whole ...[text shortened]... aim that they are careful not to be discovered. Rather full of contradictions isn't it?
Full of contradictions? Yes. After all, this is the spirituality forum.
Ok I'll go there again,but please remember that I first and foremostly believe that any other E.T. races are just there to guide us. It is up to us to work it out.

1.Like I said I dont know much about astronomy. What about the Dogon tribe and their knowledge of the Sirius Star system. Do we know where Sirius is? Or Mars , for that matter?

2.You are looking for physical evidence,(pointing telescopes), the means to finding anything in this way precludes the ends.

3.One of everyones main concerns should be to avoid blame, primarily by not blaming others. You've hit the nail on the head with that one. Even though recieving blame is some sort of acknowledgment that you have power to affect others realities.

4.I pretty much agree here. Partial knowledge should not be thrown away. Even though this partial knowledge in the past has included things like the flat Earth theory and the Sun revolving around the Earth theory.

5. "I discovered them" is a weird way to put it from my view. They contacted me. Told me stuff like dont be fascinated by aliens and work out your own spirituality first. That you (me and you and everyone) has the latent power of God within them. Very Bhuddist kind of approach.
We will be 'contacted' or 'discovered' when we are ready.

Really, I have stood up for a lot of biblical teachings and views. Even the JW's, if I remember correctly.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Mar 10

Originally posted by ua41
How did Noah have the potential to spread this message to "most", especially back in the day without our current technological advantages of mass communication?
Does it not seem a bit undersighted for God only to give this message to one guy most probably thought was crazy anyway?
That's a question you'll have to take up with God yourself.
But the scripture clearly calls Noah a "preacher". So what else could he have been preaching about that was a topic for discussion during the time before the flood?
So again there was a warning given out from Noah for many years before the flood started. God is the reader of hearts as he was able to see that Noah and his family had good hearts and were chosen to make it thru the flood. If there had been others, they would have been on the ark also. So God could probably tell that no one else on the entire earth would accept his warning...but he still gave all humans a chance to survivie the flood anyway.

u
Sharp Edge

Dulling my blade

Moves
02 Mar 10

That's a question you'll have to take up with God yourself.
But the scripture clearly calls Noah a "preacher". So what else could he have been preaching about that was a topic for discussion during the time before the flood?
So again there was a warning given out from Noah for many years before the flood started. God is the reader of hearts as he w ...[text shortened]... uld accept his warning...but he still gave all humans a chance to survivie the flood anyway.
So if I give a warning, like say I'm going to invade a sovereign nation and give this message for months and years, and go to war with said country it's all of a sudden justified because I've been warning for all this time?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Mar 10

Originally posted by ua41
So if I give a warning, like say I'm going to invade a sovereign nation and give this message for months and years, and go to war with said country it's all of a sudden justified because I've been warning for all this time?
I think the question would be if it was justified or not. Did God have the right to cause the flood?