1. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    02 Mar '10 22:38
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I think the question would be if it was justified or not. Did God have the right to cause the flood?
    Why would anyone have the right to murder?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Mar '10 23:11
    Originally posted by ua41
    Why would anyone have the right to murder?
    It's not murder if you look at the big picture that was happening on the earth at that time. What was the condition with humans in not only a spiritual sense but a physical one? Obviously the only good people according to the Bible were Noah and his family. In fact it had gotten so bad that God actually regreted creating humans. Gen 6:1-9.
    And not only had man become bad but in verses 4 it mentions Nephilim or angels that had left their place in heaven, came to earth and were having relations with earthly women and having mighty offspring that were no doubt cruel.
    So if God had not cleansed the earth at that time, the conditions would have continued to deteriorate so much that probably no humans would have worshipped God and kept up his laws and rules after Noah and his family had died off years later.
    God did not want the human population to continue as it was but chose to end the wickedness at that point. But if he had let it go and not taken steps to let humans basically start over, one can only imagine what the world would be like today and if there would be any humans at all still alive.
  3. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    02 Mar '10 23:21
    It's not murder if you look at the big picture that was happening on the earth at that time. What was the condition with humans in not only a spiritual sense but a physical one? Obviously the only good people according to the Bible were Noah and his family. In fact it had gotten so bad that God actually regreted creating humans. Gen 6:1-9.
    And not only ...[text shortened]... imagine what the world would be like today and if there would be any humans at all still alive.
    We could argue about the definition of murder amongst different contexts, fortunately (😛) this is not the thread, so I won't continue on that aspect.
    Do you think there could have been a better way to get the people back to God rather than drowning them (and bringing them that much closer to god 😛)?
    If so, why would he choose to flood the earth?
    If not, do we have the potential to get out of hand again and risk annihilation?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Mar '10 23:54
    Originally posted by ua41
    We could argue about the definition of murder amongst different contexts, fortunately (😛) this is not the thread, so I won't continue on that aspect.
    Do you think there could have been a better way to get the people back to God rather than drowning them (and bringing them that much closer to god 😛)?
    If so, why would he choose to flood the earth?
    If not, do we have the potential to get out of hand again and risk annihilation?
    One thing to consider is that God gave us all our life's and we owe every second of it to God. We would not be here if it wasn't for him. He felt that the earth had gotten so bad with no good in sight that he had to step in and only take back what is his.
    According to other scriptures in the Bible God never wants any to die because of disobedience. Rom2:4. Luke 15:7. Acts 3:19 & 26:20.
    So if God had seen there was another way out according to the Bible and knowing what God's wishes for us are, he must have felt there were no other options.
    As far as using a flood to cleanse the earth, we don't know how rampant diseases were back then. But with the description the Bible gives of humanity on the planet then, it could have been very bad.
    And yes, the world is going to be cleansed again but this time by fire. Armageddon.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 00:14
    One thing to consider is that God gave us all our life's and we owe every second of it to God. We would not be here if it wasn't for him. He felt that the earth had gotten so bad with no good in sight that he had to step in and only take back what is his.
    According to other scriptures in the Bible God never wants any to die because of disobedience. Ro ...[text shortened]... y bad.
    And yes, the world is going to be cleansed again but this time by fire. Armageddon.
    I might start writing down some of the 'gems' you come up with, sometimes they're just too funny.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 01:06
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I might start writing down some of the 'gems' you come up with, sometimes they're just too funny.
    Whatever..... An answer from one with no faith.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 01:13
    ... the world is going to be cleansed again but this time by fire. Armageddon.
    Who is going to burn in this fire?

So far I think your llist includes:

- all non-Christians
    - Catholics
    - all those whose beliefs can be traced back to paganism
    - all birthday and Christmas celebrators
    - all Trinity believers
    -

... Please continue the list.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 01:35
    Originally posted by Rajk999

- all non-Christians
    - Catholics
    - all Trinity believers
    -

umm, you should check whether Galvo means a 'literal', fire or not.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 01:50
    Originally posted by Rajk999

- all non-Christians
    - Catholics
    - all Trinity believers
    -

No one burns. Not in the Bible.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 02:38
    No one burns. Not in the Bible.
    Whether its literal or not , I was more interested in the list of who was going to 'burn' and who wasn't. I just want to get it straight so when/if it happens I can know that I had an accurate warning to become a good little JW and ignored it. Or I can say 'you were wrong','God does love other people and not just the JWs'. 🙂

Proper Knob has a point though. You should work some of this stuff into a comedy routine, really, its classic material. And since the majority of us are not going to heaven or paradise, why deny us some laughs before our demise? After all, it really doesn't sound like anyone's getting converted and such perfectly good material shouldn't goto waste...
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 02:54
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Whether its literal or not , I was more interested in the list of who was going to 'burn' and who wasn't. I just want to get it straight so when/if it happens I can know that I had an accurate warning to become a good little JW and ignored it. Or I can say 'you were wrong','God does love other people and not just the JWs'. 🙂

Proper Knob has a point ...[text shortened]... ke anyone's getting converted and such perfectly good material shouldn't goto waste...
    Well I'm glad the Bible entertains you guys. And did I or Robbie ever say or quote anything that says only JW's are loved by God? Please show where we've said that.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 04:24
    Well I'm glad the Bible entertains you guys. And did I or Robbie ever say or quote anything that says only JW's are loved by God? Please show where we've said that.
    Ok now hang on here, I was wondering what rajk was getting at with his post.
    You said the earth will be cleansed by fire and he started listing who will be 'cleansed'. Since he was referring to your post, I just wanted to know if rajk was on the right track.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 09:28
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Ok now hang on here, I was wondering what rajk was getting at with his post.
    You said the earth will be cleansed by fire and he started listing who will be 'cleansed'. Since he was referring to your post, I just wanted to know if rajk was on the right track.
    So what's your question?
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 10:36
    So what's your question?
    Same as Rajks: Who is going to 'burn' ?
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 10:55
    Whatever..... An answer from one with no faith.
    Yet again you reveal your extremely narrow blinkered dogmatic view of the world, and your arrogance is almost oozing out of my keyboard.

Here's a defintion of the word faith, now pay attention as you might actually learn something for once.

1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.

See the text in bold i highlighted? Your assertion that i am devoid of faith merely because i refuse to believe your mumbo-jumbo is clearly utterly rubbish. You can put your faith into the mysterious 'magic mystery man' if you so choose, my faith goes to my friends and family.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree