1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 11:482 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Whether its literal or not , I was more interested in the list of who was going to 'burn' and who wasn't. I just want to get it straight so when/if it happens I can know that I had an accurate warning to become a good little JW and ignored it. Or I can say 'you were wrong','God does love other people and not just the JWs'. 🙂

Proper Knob has a point ke anyone's getting converted and such perfectly good material shouldn't goto waste...
    here is what the Bible actually states, you will note a few details. We Jehovahs Witnesses, did not write the Bible, nor this passage. Secondly those who ridicule others are in a somewhat precarious position, for God is not one to be mocked. Thirdly the Bible states that 'all ungodly men shall suffer destruction', so much for sentimentality.

(2 Peter 3:3-7) . . . For you know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires  and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.”  For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice, that there were heavens from of old and an earth standing compactly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God;  and by those means the world of that time suffered destruction when it was deluged with water.  But by the same word the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 12:17
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    here is what the Bible actually states, you will note a few details. We Jehovahs Witnesses, did not write the Bible, nor this passage. Secondly those who ridicule others are in a somewhat precarious position, for God is not one to be mocked. Thirdly the Bible states that 'all ungodly men shall suffer destruction', so much for sentimentality.

(2 ...[text shortened]... for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men.
    Why are you and Galveston playing coy now. Yes we know the Jehovah Witnesses did not write the Bible and Yes we know ungodly men will be destroyed in the last days. The JWs have an opinion and an interpretation for everything. So who in your opinion are the ones that are llikely to be considered ungodly?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 13:343 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Why are you and Galveston playing coy now. Yes we know the Jehovah Witnesses did not write the Bible and Yes we know ungodly men will be destroyed in the last days. The JWs have an opinion and an interpretation for everything. So who in your opinion are the ones that are llikely to be considered ungodly?
    Raj: So who in your opinion are the ones that are likely to be considered ungodly?

Robbie: You and Karoly Poly, all others shall attain to repentance and be saved. Even thinkofone.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 13:53
    Raj: So who in your opinion are the ones that are likely to be considered ungodly?

Robbie: You and Karoly Poly, all others shall attain to repentance and be saved. Even thinkofone.
    I will wait for Galvestons answer. You are obviously on the plonk.
    Geez, I hope your on the plonk because if you aint, what ever credibility i attributed to you earlier....
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Mar '10 18:241 edit
    I will wait for Galvestons answer. You are obviously on the plonk.
    Geez, I hope your on the plonk because if you aint, what ever credibility i attributed to you earlier....
    Same answer..no one is going to burn. Not a teaching in the Bible but one of a pagan origin.

The Bible only gives 3 eventualities for man.

The first is everlasting life on a restored paradise earth.

The second is a heavenly life as a judge and priest that is refered to as the 144,000.

The third is death ( the "second death" as is stated in the Bible ) without the chance of a resurrection.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 01:02
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Same answer..no one is going to burn. Not a teaching in the Bible but one of a pagan origin.

The Bible only gives 3 eventualities for man.

The first is everlasting life on a restored paradise earth.

The second is a heavenly life as a judge and priest that is refered to as the 144,000.

The third is death ( the "second death" as is stated in the Bible ) without the chance of a resurrection.
    So 'armageddon'? 'Cleansed by fire'?
    I was really getting into this but now you back out.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 01:28
    So 'armageddon'? 'Cleansed by fire'?
    I was really getting into this but now you back out.
    They are smart to back off. I was waiting for their typical answer that only JWs will survive Armageddon. I think the WatchTower Society is rethinking their beliefs regarding the end days. They already made many false predictions concerning when Armageddon would happen. The Society has clearly taught several dates for Armageddon - 1914, 1918, 1925, 1941, and 1975. All of these "prophecies" proved to be false. The most recent prophetic failure occurred in 1995 when the Watchtower Society was forced to back away from their prophetic teaching that "the generation that saw the events of 1914" would survive to see Armageddon (aged Witnesses from that generation have all largely died off).

A more interesting question is how can God's mouthpiece - and the Watchtower Society makes that claim to be Gods mouthpiece - make mistakes? God doesn't make mistakes.

http://www.spiritwatch.org/whajwwon.htm
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 01:30
    They are smart to back off. I was waiting for their typical answer that only JWs will survive Armageddon. I think the WatchTower Society is rethinking their beliefs regarding the end days. They already made many false predictions concerning when Armageddon would happen. The Society has clearly taught several dates for Armageddon - 1914, 1918, 1925, 1941, and ...[text shortened]... ce - make mistakes? God doesn't make mistakes.

Even better yet only me and Robbie are going to survive. How's that?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 01:37
    Thank goodness you (and others like you) are a total failure in making predictions.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 01:391 edit
    Thank goodness you (and others like you) are a total failure in making predictions.
    thank goodness you and others like you are going to get zapped!
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 01:431 edit
    i think we should let Karoly Poly live, after all according to Raj, we are Gods now. He would come in useful as a court jester.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 01:46
    They are smart to back off. I was waiting for their typical answer that only JWs will survive Armageddon. I think the WatchTower Society is rethinking their beliefs regarding the end days. They already made many false predictions concerning when Armageddon would happen. The Society has clearly taught several dates for Armageddon - 1914, 1918, 1925, 1941, and ...[text shortened]... ce - make mistakes? God doesn't make mistakes.

Thnx for the info. And no refutations from either one says to me it is more likely to be true than not.
    Funny thing Robbie is how you now say its good for people to support each other, but whenever i support someones views on here you ridicule it.
    BTW is Fabian one of the 'others' who are going to be 'saved'?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 01:556 edits
    Thnx for the info. And no refutations from either one says to me it is more likely to be true than not.
    Funny thing Robbie is how you now say its good for people to support each other, but whenever i support someones views on here you ridicule it.
    BTW is Fabian one of the 'others' who are going to be 'saved'?
    i ridicule it because its mock worthy, that is why. Look what you are asking Galvo, 'who will survive Armageddon', why do you think he knows? He is not a God is he? He is not a judge of humanity, is he? Well then get a grip. As for Fabian or anyone else for that matter, it is up to God, who lives and who does not, for he is the giver of life and the reader of hearts, not Galvo or me or any other Jehovahs witness. You dont want to be mocked, then get real. We ourselves do not even count that we shall be saved, for no one knows, or have you never read,

(Zephaniah 2:3) . . .Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably you may be concealed in the day of Jehovahs anger.

with the emphasis on 'probably' but not certainly.

we dont offer refutations on apostasy, write to the watchtower and bible tract society, they deal with the type of rubbish Rajs posts everyday. For example that we are now Gods and infallible, ha ha, what a tube. All you get from idiots like him are watchtower this and watchtower that,. Why doesn't he tell you about the number of people that we have helped over come drug addiction, alcoholism, prostitution, gambling addictions, violent backgrounds, depression, suicidal tendencies, self harm, tobacco addiction, eating disorders etc etc . Shall i tell you why? because he has no idea.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 02:18
    ..watchtower this and watchtower that,. ...
    1957; Watchtower, May 1, p. 274
    "If we are to walk in the light of truth we must recognize not only Jehovah God as our Father but his organization as our mother. Today, also, God requires and exacts from his children obedience honor and respect. These must be rendered not only to the living God himself, but to his wifely organization as well."

LOL .. what a bunch of comedians. The Watchtower Society is telling people that
    1. they have to recognize God as their father and the Watchtower Society as their mother 😀 and
    2. they have to be part of and respect GODS WIFELY ORGANISATION
    😀
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 03:005 edits
    [quote]1957; Watchtower, May 1, p. 274
    "If we are to walk in the light of truth we must recognize not only Jehovah God as our Father but [b]his organization as our mother
    . Today, also, God requires and exacts from his children obedience honor and respect. These must be rendered not only to the living God himself, but to his wifely organization as well." ...[text shortened]... s their mother 😀 and
    2. they have to be part of and respect GODS WIFELY ORGANISATION
    😀[/b]
    i rest my case, as you can see, he really has not got a clue, for all you ever get from apostates is, watchtower this and watchtower that. Charles Russell this and Charles Russell that. Ask them of course to lift one finger to help others spiritually through preaching the good news and well, they would rather have a church jumble sale, or play bingo, who can tell what our friend Rajs excuse is, not that it matters, for he must tell that to the Christ. Have you dug up that talent that you hid yet Raji? Weep weep and gnash gnash 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree