1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Dec '23 20:171 edit
    @divegeester said
    I’ve never said I was in the Yakusa.
    Many years ago FMF once joked that he was in the Yakusa.
    My usage was clearly the 'generic you'.

[What about thinking you (generic you, could be anyone) were in the Yakuza? Isn't that delusional?]

Why do you guys make me jump through hoops just to explain something? Did you skip primary school?

It's a delay tactic, so that everyone reading this forgets what the point was. That one strategy is about all your (you and FMF) posting habits consist of (I mean besides attacking anyone who disagrees with you or criticizes you).

Meanwhile, this [Go on, flip the switch, make the connection. You can do it!] gets totally lost in translation.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Dec '23 21:20
    @suzianne said
    Is it really "overriding" free will, when Pharoah would have hardened his own heart anyways? He made the decision he would always make, heart-hardening or no.
    Then why bother hardening his heart? Why did God find that necessary if you are correct about Pharoah hardening his own heart?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Dec '23 21:26
    @suzianne said
    How can one DECIDE not to believe something that has been proven to your face? No free will. You are now in the position of being FORCED to believe in God. Force = Coercion.
    Like Moses was when God appeared to him in a burning bush?
  4. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    14 Dec '23 22:40
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Well, we thought that of Anakin Skywalker.
    Fit's the topic. Lots of Biblical reflections. Was Anakin coerced into going to the dark side of the force? Good and Evil = Light and Darkness? Apparently we, inherently, must all have within us the capacity for either. Why is there evil in the world? Because God made it so? Knowledge can be used for good, or for evil. Iron can be beaten into a plowshare, or into a sword. Or today, more dramatically and of a more tremendous and widespread effect, Atomic energy used for peaceful use in energy generation, or used for war and destruction in atomic bombs. Evil is needed as the antagonist to Good, said Socrates. He also said that since there is no room for evil in heaven, it was cast down to earth.

Star Wars.....and there was war in heaven....Michael fought against Lucifer, and....... our child of the Morning, Light Side of the Force Anakin, went to the Dark Side as Darth Vader. And so Lucifer is also the Evening Star.....

And since Lucifer also refers to the planet Venus, also known as the Goddess of Love, good and evil love each other, since they can't live one without the other. The yin and the yang......
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '23 23:25
    @suzianne said
    Do you realize how weak that is?
    I don't think it is weak at all. Trying to take certain cognitive functions of the mind and sprinkle some sort of supernatural dust upon them by attributing them to a different organ in the human body - because sometimes writers do so when they write metaphorically - is a rhetorical gimmick in a discussion like this.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '23 23:301 edit
    @suzianne said
    You're adamant about ignoring a well-known colloquialism.
    Yes I am if it is obfuscating the reality of what happening and romanticizing it instead. Cognitive activity occurs in the brain, which is host to the mind, and not in the heart - which pumps blood.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '23 23:36
    @suzianne said
    How are you so unable to grasp simple concepts?

This is a weak strategy, akin to you quoting a word or two followed by a question mark, like you don't understand anything. Maybe a break from the stresses of an online forum is in the cards for you. (cue the "cards? what are you on about?" response) If you can't understand anything that is said, perhaps you should hang up this stressful hobby you can't understand anymore.
    This was the fifth response to me in a row on page 8 that was making quips about my intelligence instead of tackling the points you were supposedly replying to.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '23 23:38
    @suzianne said
    My usage was clearly the 'generic you'.[What about thinking you (generic you, could be anyone) were in the Yakuza? Isn't that delusional?]
    I was never in the Yakuza. I am British.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '23 00:14
    @suzianne said
    You are coerced to believe through the evidence of proof. Once proven, you have no choice (no free will) but to believe.
    Was Thomas coerced by Jesus?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '23 05:162 edits
    @suzianne said
    My usage was clearly the 'generic you'.

[What about thinking you (generic you, could be anyone) were in the Yakuza? Isn't that delusional?]

Why do you guys make me jump through hoops just to explain something? Did you skip primary school?

It's a delay tactic, so that everyone reading this forgets what the point was. That one strategy is about all your (you and FMF ...[text shortened]... this [Go on, flip the switch, make the connection. You can do it!] gets totally lost in translation.
    I’ve never said I was in the Yakusa Suzianne.

Perhaps you meant someone else?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '23 06:26
    @divegeester said
    I’ve never said I was in the Yakusa Suzianne.

Perhaps you meant someone else?
    If I thought I'd been in the Yakuza, then that would be delusional. Otherwise, if I claimed that was ever in the Yakuza, it would have had to have been either a lie or a joke.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree