1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Nov '15 21:39
    Originally posted by sonship
    I lack a belief in Jym.
    I see.
    The idea of someone having a father-in-law called Jym is too far-fetched for you.

You cynic!
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 00:45
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Thoughts
    Not sure what you mean.
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 01:29
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Not sure what you mean.
    I did try to tell him that, he doesn't seem to care.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 01:44
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    What do you mean by 'world'?

Because the answer might be different if you are talking about [for example] "human society" or
    "The rock on which we spin through space".
    Cant you get into the spirit of a question like that ?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 01:48
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    lol That's true!
    just as much as it is true that we can always do something positive about it, rather than critizicing, which is so easy to do without yielding any results
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 01:49
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Cant you get into the spirit of a question like that ?
    I have no idea what the spirit of the question is. so no.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 01:56
    Originally posted by vistesd
    No.
    really?

do you not feel "blessed" (for want of better) word for the life that you 've lived, and not died yet ,for example?

(Of course I could be way off here , you may have had a miserable life, but reading some of your posts I suspect that would be a bad interpretation. rite? )

for me I feel I may have been bashed to death just for espousing my own thoughts in my own city had I come her 25-30 years before. Now I am routinely hassled by police and am treated as a general pariah - except of course for some of the few that have noted that i have been a good parent several times.
    And espousing my thoughts , a tad more strategically I'll admit, is met with more attentiveness and at times, some fine questions 🙂
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 02:01
    I disagree. I believe the "Earth" to be a conscious entity, in accordance with aspects of the gaia theory
    the gaia theory, if true would be largely unknown. like me might get to know 0.0001% of it's knowledge.

yeah , i'm one of those nuts that thinks rocks,n'such "have souls" . I agreed with many new age thoughts but disagree with probably more than I agree with.

for example crystals have never 'touched' me. Hahaha?

thanks for the thumbs down thumbsuckers!
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 02:061 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Any God worth being called 'God' would be able to stop all natural disasters that harm people. I don't know about Gaia and its capabilities but how would you judge? How would you know what the number of bushfire and storms would be given an entirely natural world as compared to one with Gaia?
    How would I judge? Well that's tough. I would discuss with experts and what not.

I'm sorry for the use of "god" in that post. I should have said "Spirit"

(similar to the "force" in star wars, and well known in the vedas (the true name eludes me for now),but this energy has been referred to "prana' and without it we would die (etc.)

I can offer a brief physical exercise you can try if u r interested
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 02:09
    First, the 'Gaia theory' does not posit that the Earth is concious.

Second, if it did, it would be wrong to do so.
    The Earth is a giant ball of rock and iron, with a tiny thin film of interestingly arranged
    carbon, water, and nitrogen on the surface.
    I thought that was one of it's main posits?
    that planets and suns have some sort of life energy beyond that we cant detect ?(presently)
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 02:12
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    In addition, in a scientific context, it would be termed 'Gaia hypothesis'. But I believe Karoly has it as his religion in which case he would do well to call it Gaia religion.
    I'll admit you on the right track in regards to my religion, perhaps even close.

But since you bought it up I would say that 90% of my "religion" (which is mine and no one else's) is 90% " perspiration" 🙂
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 02:18
    I have no idea what the spirit of the question is. so no.
    Oh, I would have though it was obvious. Rather childish, but thought provoking for some.

some of these new young ones that feel some sense of entitlement,

I can however see, and even relate to your point of view with this matter
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 12:43

...yeah , i'm one of those nuts that thinks rocks,n'such "have souls" . I agreed with many new age thoughts but disagree with probably more than I agree with.
    thanks for the thumbs down thumbsuckers![/b]
    Shoes have soles. Rocks have homogeneous solids.
  14. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 14:45
    Yes, mostly about different meanings of 'world'.
    It was open ended, it didn't have to mean the same thing to you as the next guy to really
    answer it. Yet, it was almost as if there was some requirement for all of us to have the
    same meaning. Not sure why unless we just need to be able to say this answer is wrong
    and the other one is right, when there really isn't a wrong or right as it was asked. It can
    mean society, or the earth, or life in general, who cares what it meant to one if another
    had a different view of the same word.

I was clear I wasn't putting a set meaning the question to avoid limiting answers.
    question.
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '15 15:20
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    It was open ended, it didn't have to mean the same thing to you as the next guy to really
    answer it. Yet, it was almost as if there was some requirement for all of us to have the
    same meaning. Not sure why unless we just need to be able to say this answer is wrong
    and the other one is right, when there really isn't a wrong or right as it was asked. It ca ...[text shortened]...

I was clear I wasn't putting a set meaning the question to avoid limiting answers.
    question.
    In other words your thread is meaningless.

You are not limiting the scope of answers by making the question clear.

What you are doing by making the question clear is making a meaningful answer possible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree