1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 14:14
    there are two types of Vedas.

1. the authentic true Vedas.

2. the un-authentic and mis- translated and interpreted Vedas by mundane scholars.

Both are on-line when you google.

It takes a devoted sincere heart to know the difference..... because at a glance they may seem the same - but the difference is as black is to white in essence.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 14:19
    Originally posted by Dasa

2. the un-authentic and mis- translated and interpreted Vedas by mundane scholars.

It takes a devoted sincere heart to know the difference..... because at a glance they may seem the same - but the difference is as black is to white in essence.
    To someone who does not subscribe to the "authority" of the Vedas or does not share your chosen belief system, "the difference" doesn't make any difference.
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 14:27

Wow what timing! Lucky for me you posted this warning. I was just about to immerse myself into the teaching of the false Vedas using Google. I defy anyone to tell me that reading this forum is a waste of time.
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 15:25

On a couple of occasions I have cited Vedic teachings and suggested that you have not been following these.

On these occasions, you have not chosen to respond, but I found it interesting that you did not reply and simply deny that this was correct. So let me ask you straight.

Do you believe that the tone and manner of your postings (as opposed to content) in this forum are consistent with what is taught by the Vedas?

If so, then I presume that you also do not agree with my assertion that the Vedas encourage a patient and constructive approach to help people see the truth.

Could you also cite where in the Vedas it encourages its followers to use language incorrectly, to use inflammatory language, and to label everyone who disagrees with you as "dishonest", rather than "incorrect".
  5. Joined
    06 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 16:16
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    On a couple of occasions I have cited Vedic teachings and suggested that you have not been following these.

On these occasions, you have not chosen to respond, but I found it interesting that you did not reply and simply deny that this was correct. So let me ask you straight.

Do you believe that the tone and manner of your postings (as opposed t ...[text shortened]... guage, and to label everyone who disagrees with you as "dishonest", rather than "incorrect".
    I thought he was talking about you quoting the Vedas at him.
  6. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 17:03
    Originally posted by Barts
    I thought he was talking about you quoting the Vedas at him.
    You may be right. But my point was that he did not say "Hey, that's all wrong, that's a bad translation, you need to read this bit as well." He just ignored it. So I thought I would ask him again directly.

It's a bit like me saying "You are a murderer" and you replying "You have no evidence to support that statement, and what's more you are not a policemen." Well, maybe so, but that does not affect the truth or otherwise of the allegation.

So again, I just want to know if Dasa believes that the tone and manner of his postings are consistent with Vedic teachings as he understands them and why. The only reference source I have is Google and him. Google seems to support one view but may, as he says, represent a false interpretation. He refrains from commenting on his view.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 18:131 edit
    there are two types of posters.

1. the authentic true posters.

2. the extremist racist genocidal ranting by mundane trolls.

It takes a quick look and half a brain to know the difference.
    Fixed
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 23:221 edit
    Originally posted by Rank outsider

Do you believe that the tone and manner of your postings (as opposed t ...[text shortened]... guage, and to label everyone who disagrees with you as "dishonest", rather than "incorrect".
    error in transmission.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 23:40
    For people to trust you, Dasa or even heed you at all, when you say your version of the Vedas is the right one and everybody else's is wrong, requires you to be able to command respect for both your beliefs and for the way you go about advocating them. You do not command respect here; at least that's my perception.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 23:54

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vedas, baby.
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 23:59

you've got it all backwards:

.sadeV fo sepyt owt era ereht

.sadeV eurt citnehtua eht .1

.sralohcs enadnum yb sadeV deterpretni dna detalsnart -sim dna citnehtua-nu eht .2

.elgoog uoy nehw enil-no era htoB

.ecnesse ni etihw ot si kcalb sa si ecnereffid eht tub - emas eht mees yam yeht ecnalg a ta esuaceb .....ecnereffid eht wonk ot traeh erecnis detoved a sekat tI

Hope this helps 🙂
  12. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 01:26
    Originally posted by Agerg
    you've got it all backwards:

.sadeV fo sepyt owt era ereht

.sadeV eurt citnehtua eht .1

.sralohcs enadnum yb sadeV deterpretni dna detalsnart -sim dna citnehtua-nu eht .2

.elgoog uoy nehw enil-no era htoB

.ecnesse ni etihw ot si kcalb sa si ecnereffid eht tub - emas eht mees yam yeht ecnalg a ta esuaceb .....ecnereffid eht wonk ot traeh erecnis detoved a sekat tI

Hope this helps 🙂
    crystal.
  13. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 09:07
    Originally posted by Ullr
    Wow what timing! Lucky for me you posted this warning. I was just about to immerse myself into the teaching of the false Vedas using Google. I defy anyone to tell me that reading this forum is a waste of time.
    My best wishes for your study of the Vedas ! I venture to suggest, that unless you already have some background in the study of Sanskrit, some knowledge of Hindu philosophy, you may find the Vedic teachings either too obscure or unrelated to theology. Better start with the study of the Bhagavat Geeta ? An easier-to-comprehend thinner book and much more practical too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree