1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 06:21
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I don’t think this scripture is directly about hope, it is directly about worrying about ones self, ones own worldly issues rather than having concern for the Lord’s plans for you and indeed for other people.
    I agree with this 100 percent
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 06:36
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I disagree. When you have no hope, concerted, proactive measures need to be planned and implemented in order to make tomorrow better, and the next day and so on. By contrast, Matthew 6:34 appears to give those who want to navel gaze self-pityingly ~ and maybe wait for "a miracle" ~ some 'holy' cover for their passivity and inertia.
    The verse, viewed in context of preceding verses, is not at all about navel gazing, passivity or inertia. It’s about exactly the opposite:

“Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek.) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.“

(Matthew 6:31-34)

Verse 33 is the most pertinent on this point.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 06:451 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    You are a liar. You need to read carefully what I write and talk less.
    Another false accusation from the chest puffer.

And if I were you, I’d advise against anyone reading your words “carefully.”

Doing so exposes your doctrines as false, and you often contradict yourself - sometimes in the same post.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 06:50
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    He has several profiles. He discusses stuff with himself thumbs up his posts.
    More false accusations from the chest puffer.

How does bearing false witness and lying fit into your self-proclaimed sin-free lifestyle? Or do you just claim you’re living a sin-free life so you can puff out your chest and strut around us mere mortals?

Heal thyself, Pharisee.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 06:53
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Its obvious now
    Joining the trolls? Don’t debase yourself by splashing in the sewer with them.

Your water bill from doubling up on showers won’t be worth it.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 09:14
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Joining the trolls? Don’t debase yourself by splashing in the sewer with them.

Your water bill from doubling up on showers won’t be worth it.
    Are you telling me what to do? Hint: be creative, suggest things to people. No one ever learned anything by being forced

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree