1. St. Peter's
    Moves
    08 Apr '11 15:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    actually your evaluation of Islam is not strictly accurate, shia profess a kind of belief
    that man should not rule over man, thus they claim that religious rule is a kind of
    theocracy and there are many sunni political parties that advocate Islamic elements,
    the Muslim league of Pakistan for example, where faith certainly is an issue.

In his ...[text shortened]... pted, which has by
    and large also been adopted by many Christian churches, is it not the case?
    my assesment of Islam is accurate enough. There is no need to go into great detail.

The acceptance of homosexuality:

There are far more pressing issues in our (USA) society. Gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, pride and heterosexual lust are far more acceptable in US culture than homosexuality. Its ridiculous to the extreme to blame homosexuals for the demises of our nation. We need look no further than our so-called church leaders who are engaged in shameless scandals to see what's wrong.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '11 15:54
    Originally posted by Doward
    my assesment of Islam is accurate enough. There is no need to go into great detail.

The acceptance of homosexuality:

There are far more pressing issues in our (USA) society. Gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, pride and heterosexual lust are far more acceptable in US culture than homosexuality. Its ridiculous to the extreme to blame homosexuals for the ...[text shortened]... er than our so-called church leaders who are engaged in shameless scandals to see what's wrong.
    He was as far as i can tell, not blaming homosexuals for societies ills, but rather stating that the chuch was ineffective in stemming what he felt was a moral degradation. To some extent, as far as Europe is concerned, he is correct, its a toothless lion, no one that i have spoken with, with the exception of one catholic man was remotely interested in what is moral or not, its all subjective and relative, yet, when you state that stealing is also condemned, they have no hesitation in citing it as an immoral act. One of necessity must ask, why that should be the case? How many young people are being lost to the system, you go to church and its old ladies and mothers with their children.
  3. St. Peter's
    Moves
    08 Apr '11 16:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    He was as far as i can tell, not blaming homosexuals for societies ills, but rather stating that the chuch was ineffective in stemming what he felt was a moral degradation. To some extent, as far as Europe is concerned, he is correct, its a toothless lion, no one that i have spoken with, with the exception of one catholic man was remotely interested ...[text shortened]... e being lost to the system, you go to church and its old ladies and mothers with their children.
    the problem is not with government, its with the church itself
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '11 17:09
    Originally posted by Doward
    the problem is not with government, its with the church itself
    ok, was this not the point he was also making? indeed, its what i perceived it as,
    perhaps i picked it up wrong, but i have no stomach to view his presentation again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree