1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 13:40
    What are peoples perceptions of this type of Church? Is it common in the USA?

www.doveworld.org/
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 14:161 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

www.doveworld.org/
    I checked out the 'store'.

Four items being sold, all with the slogan Islam is the Devil splattered across them. I wonder if the Reverend could point out where the New Testament says it's ok to make a profit from spreading hatred.

It's tyranny, not tyrany by the way.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 22:26

www.doveworld.org/
    About Us
    Dove World Outreach Center is a New Testament Church – based on the Bible, the Word of God.

We believe that God is calling a new generation in this end time – a generation of believers that is yielded to his Word and his will.
    Our Land needs strong churches that understand and fulfill God’s vision of restoration and reformation, churches that are able to handle the revival we will see this century with the apostolic anointing, and bring Godly changes to our entire society.
    God has a plan for your life! And we want you to be able to recognize your destiny.
    God loves you and he longs for a real and deep relationship with you. He created you on purpose and it's his desire that everyone knows and fulfills his calling.

Dr. Terry and Sylvia Jones
    – Senior Pastors -

In my opinion, unfortunately so. On the surface it has a form of Godliness, but it falls short of the true meaning and purpose of the Church, which is the 'Body of Christ', which is invisible.

The "Church" is one thing, and the "state" is another. Politics and religion don't mix.

And they have a woman for a pastor too! 😲
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 22:28
    Originally posted by Proper Knob

Four items being sold, all with the slogan Islam is the Devil splattered across them. I wonder if the Reverend could point out where the New Testament says it's ok to make a profit from spreading hatred.

This isn't a spelling bee knobby.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 22:421 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    About Us
    Dove World Outreach Center is a New Testament Church – based on the Bible, the Word of God.

We believe that God is calling a new generation in this end time – a generation of believers that is yielded to his Word and his will.
    Our Land needs strong churches that understand and fulfill God’s vision of restoration and reformation, churches tha another. Politics and religion don't mix.

And they have a woman for a pastor too! 😲[/b]
    I really just wondered if he had a popular following, it seems his congregation consists
    of only fifty persons. It must be really wieird, and i mean really weird to go to a
    congregation where hatred is preached. I am in no way condoning wrongdoing, for
    the Bible is very clear on matters of morality for Christians, but we are in the business
    of trying to reconcile people back to God, to lead them to repentance, not to alienate
    them. How is burning Korans going to reconcile people back to God? I really do not
    know.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 22:47
    Originally posted by Proper Knob

Yes, indeed, selling seems to be the thing! The number of occasions where they solicit
    for money is truly as appalling as their message of hatred. I wonder how he hopes to
    reconcile people to God by burning Korans, interesting strategy.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 22:53
    Yes, indeed, selling seems to be the thing! The number of occasions where they solicit
    for money is truly as appalling as their message of hatred. I wonder how he hopes to
    reconcile people to God by burning Korans, interesting strategy.
    Doesn't sound interesting. Sounds crap.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 22:581 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Doesn't sound interesting. Sounds crap.
    sooo that means something to anyone other than you? take it to general spanky, you can make it up as you go along there.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 23:00
    I really just wondered if he had a popular following, it seems his congregation consists
    of only fifty persons. It must be really wieird, and i mean really weird to go to a
    congregation where hatred is preached. I am in no way condoning wrongdoing, for
    the Bible is very clear on matters of morality for Christians, but we are in the business
    ...[text shortened]... e
    them. How is burning Korans going to reconcile people back to God? I really do not
    know.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say they preach hatred robbie, but I agree with what you say is the Biblical directive of the church.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 23:04
    sooo that means something to anyone other than you? take it to general spanky, you can make it up as you go along there.
    So you were going for Sri Lanka in the final , were ya? Tse,tse ... always bet on black 😉
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 23:06
    I wouldn't go so far as to say they preach hatred robbie, but I agree with what you say is the Biblical directive of the church.
    I dunno Joseph, for i watched a video where essentially they were preaching against
    others and trying to instil a sense of loathing into the congregation with inexplicable
    threats that their children would be eaten etc etc , that to me is trying to instil hatred
    for others.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 23:111 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So you were going for Sri Lanka in the final , were ya? Tse,tse ... always bet on black 😉
    Yes i was, after Pakistan were vanquished it would have been divine retribution for
    India, my wife on the other hand, being a Pakistani Christian, celebrated with glee
    when India beat Pakistan, as for the final itself, Sehwag goes fore 2, Tendulkar for 18,
    Jayawardena scores a ton and Sri Lanka still cannot win? unbelievable!
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 23:23
    I dunno Joseph, for i watched a video where essentially they were preaching against
    others and trying to instil a sense of loathing into the congregation with inexplicable
    threats that their children would be eaten etc etc , that to me is trying to instil hatred
    for others.
    I wouldn't go to that church then.

Sounds a lot like a woman is involved in the ministry reserved for men.

I'm trying to start something here have you noticed? 😉
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 23:29
    I wouldn't go to that church then.

Sounds a lot like a woman is involved in the ministry reserved for men.

I'm trying to start something here have you noticed? 😉
    Actually the clip I saw was a dude, and yes i have noticed, what's up has Mrs Joseph been hawking you for a new car?
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 23:49
    Actually the clip I saw was a dude, and yes i have noticed, what's up has Mrs Joseph been hawking you for a new car?
    lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree