1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 22:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes i was, after Pakistan were vanquished it would have been divine retribution for
    India, my wife on the other hand, being a Pakistani Christian, celebrated with glee
    when India beat Pakistan, as for the final itself, Sehwag goes fore 2, Tendulkar for 18,
    Jayawardena scores a ton and Sri Lanka still cannot win? unbelievable!
    I knew India was going to win with about 40 overs to go. Quite boring , really. Maybe it was just me...
  2. St. Peter's
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 23:27
    What are peoples perceptions of this type of Church? Is it common in the USA?

www.doveworld.org/
    fringe wackos
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Apr '11 02:56
    Originally posted by Doward
    fringe wackos
    Seonded!!

Education is the key for places like the U.s. where everyone is fed , housed and clothed adequately. (or should I say for those that are fed, housed and clothed adequately-oops)
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '11 18:44
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Seonded!!

Education is the key for places like the U.s. where everyone is fed , housed and clothed adequately. (or should I say for those that are fed, housed and clothed adequately-oops)
    i dont think education is the key, after all, the pastor holds a doctorate of some description. Why should the US need more education than anywhere else?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '11 18:521 edit
    fringe wackos
    I dont think they are wackos at all, on the contrary, the pastor, despite his obvious
    misapplication of scripture, his solicitations for monetary contributions and his
    prejudices seemed fairly level headed. He really does see Islam as a threat, liberals
    as incapable of or unwilling, or not having the power to stem the tide of militant Islam.
    That is his reality. I myself having preached to Muslims from house to house here
    and in Pakistan have quite a different experience, they were on the whole, very
    hospitable and respectful, way more than nominal Christians.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    07 Apr '11 18:55
    i dont think education is the key, after all, the pastor holds a doctorate of some description. Why should the US need more education than anywhere else?
    Apparently all the people involved there are called "Dr. So-and-so", but I can't find details on who is a doctor of what and where they went to school. They might be lying. More likely they have theology doctorates, or doctorates from non-accreditted schools like BJU (I love that acronym 😛)
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '11 19:051 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Apparently all the people involved there are called "Dr. So-and-so", but I can't find details on who is a doctor of what and where they went to school. They might be lying. More likely they have theology doctorates, or doctorates from non-accreditted schools like BJU (I love that acronym 😛)
    ok, so they might hold phoney credentials, it shouldn't be so hard to find stuff on them. here it is,

Jones received an honorary degree from an unaccredited theology school in 1983, and began using the title "Doctor", for which he was later fined by a German administrative court

also,

There were also allegations that he improperly used church funds, and forced congregants to labor for free.

seems like a common thief or a kind of capitalist.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Apr '11 19:12
    ok, so they might hold phoney credentials, it shouldn't be so hard to find stuff on them. here it is,

Jones received an honorary degree from an unaccredited theology school in 1983, and began using the title "Doctor", for which he was later fined by a German administrative court

also,

There were also allegations that he improperly used chu ...[text shortened]... d forced congregants to labor for free.

seems like a common thief or a kind of capitalist.
    Other than that he's fairly level headed?!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '11 19:151 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Other than that he's fairly level headed?!
    well, in comparison to some born again Christians and tv evangelists, on a scale of
    wackiness, i dont think he will win the wacky races, maybe about four out of ten on the
    wackometer.
  10. St. Peter's
    Moves
    07 Apr '11 19:26
    I dont think they are wackos at all, on the contrary, the pastor, despite his obvious
    misapplication of scripture, his solicitations for monetary contributions and his
    prejudices seemed fairly level headed. He really does see Islam as a threat, liberals
    as incapable of or unwilling, or not having the power to stem the tide of militant Islam.
    ...[text shortened]... nce, they were on the whole, very
    hospitable and respectful, way more than nominal Christians.
    Robbie, you of all people should have picked up on the "government worship" part of their doctrine. We are Christians first yes? They take their love of country to a whole new level, and in some respects it seems to replace religous sentiment and solid theological doctrine. I stand by my statement...fringe wackos.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '11 19:53
    Robbie, you of all people should have picked up on the "government worship" part of their doctrine. We are Christians first yes? They take their love of country to a whole new level, and in some respects it seems to replace religous sentiment and solid theological doctrine. I stand by my statement...fringe wackos.
    i did not ignore it, indeed, i encompassed all his ideas under the heading,
    misapplication of scripture, indeed, during his entire sermon, he did not reference the
    scriptures once, but whether this makes him a whacko, i dont think so, hes merely a
    manipulator as far as I can tell.
  12. St. Peter's
    Moves
    07 Apr '11 22:29
    i did not ignore it, indeed, i encompassed all his ideas under the heading,
    misapplication of scripture, indeed, during his entire sermon, he did not reference the
    scriptures once, but whether this makes him a whacko, i dont think so, hes merely a
    manipulator as far as I can tell.
    if not wacko then evil
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '11 08:11
    if not wacko then evil
    actually thinking of his sermon, he raises one or two points of interest,

1. the political nature of Islam
    2. the liberalisation of the Christian church making it ineffective to combat subversive elements, especially secularism
  14. St. Peter's
    Moves
    08 Apr '11 11:29
    actually thinking of his sermon, he raises one or two points of interest,

1. the political nature of Islam
    2. the liberalisation of the Christian church making it ineffective to combat subversive elements, especially secularism
    Islam has two major factions: Shi'a and Sunni. There are more Sunni world wide than Shi'a. Countries like Iran are Shi'ites and believe that religous leaders should control the government. Sunni's believe that governments should be run by the strongest and most capable and that faith should not be the issue.

Exactly what are subversive elements? Within the church? Or within government? If it's government then the church should have no business getting involved, if it's the church then it's up to the church leaders to decide if their is "subversion". Either way I am not sure what your point is.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '11 11:541 edit
    Islam has two major factions: Shi'a and Sunni. There are more Sunni world wide than Shi'a. Countries like Iran are Shi'ites and believe that religous leaders should control the government. Sunni's believe that governments should be run by the strongest and most capable and that faith should not be the issue.

Exactly what are subversive elements? Within the eaders to decide if their is "subversion". Either way I am not sure what your point is.
    actually your evaluation of Islam is not strictly accurate, shia profess a kind of belief
    that man should not rule over man, thus they claim that religious rule is a kind of
    theocracy and there are many sunni political parties that advocate Islamic elements,
    the Muslim league of Pakistan for example, where faith certainly is an issue.

In his video he cited the acceptance of homosexuality, even detailing a clip where
    Obama himself expressed his opinion that it would be widely accepted, which has by
    and large also been adopted by many Christian churches, is it not the case?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree