1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 22:47
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    No, it's not, the lab-cultures lacked the protein to do it, and the adaptation required three separate mutations. The information in the cells changed and they have a complete record of each generation and could tell if it was due to contamination.

What is wrong with complexity in a system increasing anyway? I thought the idea with the irreducible c ...[text shortened]... natural forces alone; you seem to be arguing that new species can't emerge on the same basis?
    There is nothing wrong with complexity in a system increasing if it is due to intelligent design. Otherwise, new variations arise through adaptation and natural selection. New species? I suppose you mean new variations.

The Instructor
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 23:19
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    An interesting series of articles regarding Behe's work and views on the Lenski experiment can be found here.

http://biologos.org/blog/behe-lenski-and-the-edge-of-evolution-part-4-ic-and-exaptation

As an aside, quibbling over whether this mutation constitutes a “genuine gain-of-FCT” mutation is not my purpose here, since the definition is B ...[text shortened]... t’s not, but that seems to me to torture the words “new” and “gain” beyond recognition.
    Thanks for the link. I really don't think their complexity argument works for anything other than abiogenesis - and I don't think it works there either.
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 23:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There is nothing wrong with complexity in a system increasing if it is due to intelligent design. Otherwise, new variations arise through adaptation and natural selection. New species? I suppose you mean new variations.

The Instructor
    A species is a slightly fuzzy but defined concept. What do you mean by a new variation? A new variation is either a new species or a new phenotype within a species, indicating a new gene; your posts in this thread indicate that according to you neither can occur.

Incidentally, regarding your earlier post about hybrids; it is possible for hybrids to breed, it depends on the specific genetics what they can breed with if anything.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 00:22
    A species is a slightly fuzzy but defined concept. What do you mean by a new variation? A new variation is either a new species or a new phenotype within a species, indicating a new gene; your posts in this thread indicate that according to you neither can occur.

Incidentally, regarding your earlier post about hybrids; it is possible for hybrids to breed, it depends on the specific genetics what they can breed with if anything.
    When did science become about what is possible instead of about what is?

The Instructor
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 11:40

The Instructor
    Well, 125 years ago, the 'possible' was flying. 50 years ago the "possible' was computers. 40 years ago, 'possible' was the internet. Science has ALWAYS been about what is possible. Not what is impossible. Like your religion.
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 14:33

The Instructor
    Well if you can show something is not possible it can be ruled out. The point I was making was that hybrids are not always infertile.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 20:362 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well, 125 years ago, the 'possible' was flying. 50 years ago the "possible' was computers. 40 years ago, 'possible' was the internet. Science has ALWAYS been about what is possible. Not what is impossible. Like your religion.
    Well, the creation of living things by God, a super intelligent being, has always been a possibility. Now we have proof that living cells are programmed by an intelligent being for life with the discovery of the DNA information code. This formally invisible information about creation has always been logically known by the visible creations in nature. So only the fool says in heart, "There is no God." (Psalm 14:1)

Six thousand years ago evilution was impossible, today it is still impossible.

The Instructor
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 20:48
    Well if you can show something is not possible it can be ruled out. The point I was making was that hybrids are not always infertile.
    It has not been shown that God is not possible. However, evilutionist try to rule Him out anyway.

The Instructor
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 21:02
    It has not been shown that God is not possible. However, evilutionist try to rule Him out anyway.

The Instructor
    rj, what route did the kangaroos take back to australia?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 22:15
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    rj, what route did the kangaroos take back to australia?
    When did kangaroos leave Australia?

The Instructor
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 22:23
    When did kangaroos leave Australia?

The Instructor
    noah sent them a message saying 'flood in middle east, hurry, things are going to get pretty damp'.

are you saying that kangaroos were never on the boat? did they evolve after the flood?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 22:33
    noah sent them a message saying 'flood in middle east, hurry, things are going to get pretty damp'.

are you saying that kangaroos were never on the boat? did they evolve after the flood?
    When kangaroos left the ark they would have migrated in a southeastern direction until they finally survived in an isolated area such as Australia. There is no evidence that I am aware of that they ever left Australia.

http://www.creationdefense.org/34.htm

The Instructor
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 22:36
    When kangaroos left the ark they would have migrated in a southeastern direction until they finally survived in an isolated area such as Australia. There is no evidence that I am aware of that they ever left Australia.

http://www.creationdefense.org/34.htm

The Instructor
    they never left australia???? how did they get to the ark? did noah swing by and pick them up?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 23:29
    they never left australia???? how did they get to the ark? did noah swing by and pick them up?
    There is no evidence that Kangaroos were ever in Australia before the worldwide flood. Here check this video of an interview with an Australian geologist.

Fossilized Kangaroos, Log Jams and Thorns

YouTube

The Instructor
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Aug '13 23:331 edit
    There is no evidence that Kangaroos were ever in Australia before the worldwide flood. Here check this video of an interview with an Australian geologist.

Fossilized Kangaroos, Log Jams and Thorns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiWyP-fFQYM

The Instructor
    right so they were never there to start......

so why did they head to australia? and what stopped sections of them settling in other areas on the way to australia?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree