Dropping Out Missing Links

Dropping Out Missing Links

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jul 13

This science teacher claims Evolution Theory is in trouble and is collapsing.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
27 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA4qfSlPtgI
If evolutionary is 'collapsing', what do you propose should be taught instead? What would make up the curriculum instead of evolutionary biology?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jul 13
3 edits

I think the current accepted theory could be taught with honesty about the problems. Is that too much to ask ?

You couldn't have watched it that fast. I am still watching the video. Almost finished.

I thought the presentation is effective so I posted it. The soft tissue in dinosaur fossils I thought to pursue.

Of course I have not insisted on any age of the earth. I believe that it is unspecified as to the age of the earth in the Bible.

The current state of some of the problems with Evolution interest me.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
27 Jul 13
3 edits

I think the current accepted theory could be taught with [b]honesty about the problems. Is that too much to ask ?

You couldn't have watched it that fast. I am still watching the video. Almost finished.

I thought the presentation is effective so I posted it. The soft tissue in work dinosaur fossils I thought to pursue.

Of course I have not i ...[text shortened]... e age of the earth.

The current state of some of the problems with Evolution interest me.[/b]
I haven't watched it, it's Saturday night here. I'm getting slowly drunk listening to music and am about to cook some enchilada's.

So even though evolution is 'collapsing' you still think it should be taught in school's? I mean, either life evolved or it didn't right? What's your take on how life began and how it diversified? Or do you think life was created as it is?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jul 13

I think you should have a good meal, watch the video latter and then get me all debunked.

Be careful driving.

Cape Town

Moves
27 Jul 13

If you had even the slightest idea of what Evolution Theory encompassed you wouldn't make a statement like 'in trouble and collapsing.' The Theory of Evolution covers so many things that you really have to be a lot more specific before you start criticising it.
Its like saying 'Atomic Theory is in trouble an collapsing'. Would this mean that maybe atoms don't exist? Or what?
If you found problems with some aspects of Evolution Theory, it wouldn't discredit other aspects of it. Its not a house of cards that collapses when you pull out one card.

I am willing to watch the video, on condition that:
1. You are willing to discuss any points it raises.
2. You are willing to admit when the speaker is wrong and has been shown to be wrong. I recall our last lengthy discussion you refused to admit a single problem with the speaker even when I showed point after point that he had made was wrong.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
27 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
If you had even the slightest idea of what Evolution Theory encompassed you wouldn't make a statement like 'in trouble and collapsing.' The Theory of Evolution covers so many things that you really have to be a lot more specific before you start criticising it.
Its like saying 'Atomic Theory is in trouble an collapsing'. Would this mean that maybe atoms problem with the speaker even when I showed point after point that he had made was wrong.
And to insure fairness in your proposed discusson you should both be equally closed or open minded.

Edit: I spoke too soon. It appears the discussion was over before it started. So the results are in, and as it turns out you were right and he was wrong.

If you had even the slightest idea of what Evolution Theory encompassed you wouldn't make a statement like 'in trouble and collapsing.'

Moves
27 Jul 13

I think the current accepted theory could be taught with [b]honesty about the problems. Is that too much to ask ?

I thought the presentation is effective so I posted it. The soft tissue in dinosaur fossils I thought to pursue.

Of course I have not insiste ...[text shortened]... earth in the Bible.

The current state of some of the problems with Evolution interest me.[/b]
"Of course I have not insisted on any age of the earth. I believe that it is unspecified as to the age of the earth in the Bible. "

And so they will come for you someday, after you have defeated science and have no defenders of your freedom of thought.

Moves
27 Jul 13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA4qfSlPtgI
"Young-earth creationists also see Schweitzer’s work as revolutionary, but in an entirely different way. They first seized upon Schweitzer’s work after she wrote an article for the popular science magazine Earth in 1997 about possible red blood cells in her dinosaur specimens. Creation magazine claimed that Schweitzer’s research was “powerful testimony against the whole idea of dinosaurs living millions of years ago. It speaks volumes for the Bible’s account of a recent creation.”

"This drives Schweitzer crazy. Geologists have established that the Hell Creek Formation, where B. rex was found, is 68 million years old, and so are the bones buried in it. She’s horrified that some Christians accuse her of hiding the true meaning of her data. “They treat you really bad,” she says. “They twist your words and they manipulate your data.” For her, science and religion represent two different ways of looking at the world; invoking the hand of God to explain natural phenomena breaks the rules of science. After all, she says, what God asks is faith, not evidence. “If you have all this evidence and proof positive that God exists, you don’t need faith. I think he kind of designed it so that we’d never be able to prove his existence. And I think that’s really cool.”"

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/dinosaur.html?c=y&page=3

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Jul 13

Originally posted by JS357
"Of course I have not insisted on any age of the earth. I believe that it is unspecified as to the age of the earth in the Bible. "

And so they will come for you someday, after you have defeated science and have no defenders of your freedom of thought.
The speaker packed a lot of information into that time slot.
The updating of charts and timelines was showed interesting revisions.
Neanderthals drop out.
Lucy drops out.
The icons seem to all be dropping away.

Moves
27 Jul 13

Originally posted by lemon lime
And to insure fairness in your proposed discusson you should both be equally closed or open minded.

[b]Edit:
I spoke too soon. It appears the discussion was over before it started. So the results are in, and as it turns out you were right and he was wrong.

If you had even the slightest idea of what Evolution Theory encompassed you wouldn't make a statement like 'in trouble and collapsing.'[/b]
Is the idea that the Earth is (roughly speaking) a ball rather than a flat disk
about to collapse?

If you linked a video by one of the nutters who do think the Earth is flat would
we need to watch it before we could dismiss it as bunk?

Because the theory of evolution by natural selection is THAT well supported and
proved by the MOUNTAINS of evidence.

And anyone who has any clue about the subject knows that.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
28 Jul 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I haven't watched it, it's Saturday night here. I'm getting slowly drunk listening to music and am about to cook some enchilada's.

So even though evolution is 'collapsing' you still think it should be taught in school's? I mean, either life evolved or it didn't right? What's your take on how life began and how it diversified? Or do you think life was created as it is?
There's no apostrophe in "enchiladas", you subhuman animal.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Jul 13

Nice!

Sounds like a Saturday night here, except pasta with tomato basil sauce with sausage is on the menu.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Jul 13

Originally posted by rwingett
There's no apostrophe in "enchiladas", you subhuman animal.
Surely I can be forgiven for the misuse of an apostrophe after a few beers on a Saturday evening?

rc

Moves
28 Jul 13
4 edits

Surely I can be forgiven for the misuse of an apostrophe after a few beers on a Saturday evening?
a few beers? how many exactly? more than your body needed to function? 😛 I was swimming in Loch Lomond, it was awesome, diving from a canoe into the clean refreshing Scottish water while you were getting fat on beer! I came up cleansed of body and spirit! materialism dude, hard to respect, give it up!