drugs and divination

drugs and divination

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
22 Sep 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Bump for Chaney.
I am obviously not saying that heroin use is okay. But the debate hinges on the fact that you believe alcohol is okay, but not drug use, when they are both drugs.

Is smoking cigarettes okay? Or very minor cocaine use? Or is it only the few glasses of wine that "you" enjoy that is okay.

People justify what they do, and criticize those who fall outside of that criteria.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Sep 18

Originally posted by @chaney3
I am obviously not saying that heroin use is okay. But the debate hinges on the fact that you believe alcohol is okay, but not drug use, when they are both drugs.

Is smoking cigarettes okay? Or very minor cocaine use? Or is it only the few glasses of wine that "you" enjoy that is okay.

People justify what they do, and criticize those who fall outside of that criteria.
Responsible use of coffee or alcohol, not a problem. Responsible use of cocaine (or heroin)...impossible.

That's the difference.

c

Moves
22 Sep 18

Responsible use of coffee or alcohol, not a problem. Responsible use of cocaine (or heroin)...impossible.

That's the difference.
Who gets to determine what classifies as responsible?

Hypothetical:

If a millionaire mother of 2 small children does small portions of cocaine during the week, is that acceptable? Money is not a problem, and she doesn't neglect her children.

Moves
22 Sep 18

Minimizing, rationalizing and denial....all in one post.
Facts I call it.

c

Moves
22 Sep 18

If a person does not have a problem with alcohol, when is it okay for them to get drunk?

T

Moves
22 Sep 18
5 edits

Thank you for your contribution Mr Burns.

You invariably embarrass yourself in most threads you contribute to, but have done so here more than usual, applauding Chaney is his misguided comparison of taking cocaine and enjoying a cup of coffee.

Just so we are clear. Responsible use of coffee or alcohol, not a problem. Responsible use of cocaine (or heroin)...impossible.
C3 is pointing out the hypocrisy in your position. That is what I'm applauding. If you were sharper, you might have realized this. His choices for comparison could have been better, but it's not the point. You're really not all that bright GoaD.

Just so we are clear. Responsible use of coffee or alcohol, not a problem. Responsible use of cocaine (or heroin)...impossible.

lol. For all intents and purposes, all you've done here is provide a demonstration of what C3 has been saying all along:
<<There is truth in the fact that people dismiss their own actions because they justify what they do as acceptable...People justify what they do, and criticize those who fall outside of that criteria...Everyone on this forum will claim that they drink in "moderation" and therefore alcohol is acceptable.
.>>

P

Moves
22 Sep 18

Drugs damage mental health. Isn't that sufficient to object to their usage? Seriously?
By the way everyone seems to latch onto to drugs, as a "recreational" drug. everyone must have forgotten all the studies of the '70's

P

Moves
22 Sep 18

If a person does not have a problem with alcohol, when is it okay for them to get drunk?
alcohol leaves the body system in 2 to 4 days. Inhaling weed into your lungs takes 6 months to leave the body system. even after 4 months, if you are running or excersizing, deep breathing, will bring about a period of time 15 min to 30 min where you will feel high.

T

Moves
22 Sep 18
1 edit

People love their drug(s) of choice (including alcohol - and nicotine and caffeine for that matter) and justify them to themselves: They use them "responsibly".

The hypocrites admonish others for their choices while continuing to indulge in their own.

P

Moves
22 Sep 18

ppl need to be responcible for their actions. if you are drinking with the possibility of being drunk. be prepared

P

Moves
22 Sep 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
People love their drug(s) of choice and justify them to themselves: They use them "responsibly".

The hypocrites admonish others for their choices while continuing to indulge in their own.
i occasionaly have a drink, but never get drunk. i like to keep my mind together

c

Moves
22 Sep 18

Originally posted by @pudgenik
alcohol leaves the body system in 2 to 4 days. Inhaling weed into your lungs takes 6 months to leave the body system. even after 4 months, if you are running or excersizing, deep breathing, will bring about a period of time 15 min to 30 min where you will feel high.
What's your point?
Alcohol is fine, weed is not?

It's interesting how when told that alcohol is a drug, nobody really cares. That drug is okay to use, but not any of the others.

P

Moves
22 Sep 18

Who gets to determine what classifies as responsible?

Hypothetical:

If a millionaire mother of 2 small children does small portions of cocaine during the week, is that acceptable? Money is not a problem, and she doesn't neglect her children.
she is not being responsible to herself. cocaine is poison

T

Moves
22 Sep 18
1 edit

i occasionaly have a drink, but never get drunk. i like to keep my mind together
That's exactly what many of them tell themselves. Being a JW, Robbie Carrobie used to claim the same thing.

c

Moves
22 Sep 18

she is not being responsible to herself. cocaine is poison
Bingo.
Your personal opinion decides which drug is poison.
Some believe that any alcohol is poison. But not you.