she is not being responsible to herself. cocaine is poison
    Alcohol is also "poison".
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 17:01
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    C3 is pointing out the hypocrisy in your position. That is what I'm applauding. If you were sharper, you might have realized this. His choices for comparison could have been better, but it's not the point. You're really not all that bright GoaD.

[b]Just so we are clear. Responsible use of coffee or alcohol, not a problem. Responsible use of cocaine (o ...[text shortened]... this forum will claim that they drink in "moderation" and therefore alcohol is acceptable.
    .>>
    You continue to validate my previous statement:

'You invariably embarrass yourself in most threads you contribute to, but have done so here more than usual....'

There is no hypocrisy here. I have frequently spoken out against the abuse of drugs 'Including' alcohol. I realize it suits your purpose to imagine I somehow think its okay to misuse alcohol, but that simply isn't the case. This doesn't alter the fact however that it's possible to partake in alcohol or coffee in a responsible way that doesn't risk mental health psychosis, damage or addiction. -This simply isn't the case for heroin (for example) which is why it is illegal and a class A drug.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 17:03
    People love their drug(s) of choice (including alcohol - and nicotine and caffeine for that matter) and justify them to themselves: They use them "responsibly".

The hypocrites admonish others for their choices while continuing to indulge in their own.
    Do you think it's possible to use heroin responsibly?
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 17:07
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Do you think it's possible to use heroin responsibly?
    Sometimes I can't believe how dim you are. You just keep embarrassing yourself.

Think really, really, really hard about what I wrote:
    <<People love their drug(s) of choice (including alcohol - and nicotine and caffeine for that matter) and justify them to themselves: They use them "responsibly". >>
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 17:101 edit
    Sometimes I can't believe how dim you are. You just keep embarrassing yourself.

Think really, really, really hard about what I wrote:
    <<People love their drug(s) of choice (including alcohol - and nicotine and caffeine for that matter) and justify them to themselves: They use them "responsibly". >>
    Think about this really hard:

It's possible to use coffee and alcohol 'responsibly' and without risk to health. This is not the case for heroin.

Not many cookies in your jar, hey?
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 17:11
    You continue to validate my previous statement:

'You invariably embarrass yourself in most threads you contribute to, but have done so here more than usual....'

There is no hypocrisy here. I have frequently spoken out against the abuse of drugs 'Including' alcohol. I realize it suits your purpose to imagine I somehow think its okay to misuse ...[text shortened]... is simply isn't the case for heroin (for example) which is why it is illegal and a class A drug.
    There is no hypocrisy here. I have frequently spoken out against the abuse of drugs 'Including' alcohol. I realize it suits your purpose to imagine I somehow think its okay to misuse alcohol, but that simply isn't the case. This doesn't alter the fact however that it's possible to partake in alcohol or coffee in a responsible way that doesn't risk mental health psychosis, damage or addiction. -This simply isn't the case for heroin (for example) which is why it is illegal and a class A drug.

lol. You keep heaping rationalization upon rationalization.

For all intents and purposes, all you've done here is provide a demonstration of what C3 has been saying all along:
    <<There is truth in the fact that people dismiss their own actions because they justify what they do as acceptable...People justify what they do, and criticize those who fall outside of that criteria...Everyone on this forum will claim that they drink in "moderation" and therefore alcohol is acceptable.
    .>>
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 17:14
    Think about this really hard:

It's possible to use coffee and alcohol 'responsibly' and without risk to health. This is not the case for heroin.

Not many cookies in your jar, hey?
    What a lame attempt to deflect from your inane question:
    <<Do you think it's possible to use heroin responsibly?>
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 17:14
    [b]There is no hypocrisy here. I have frequently spoken out against the abuse of drugs 'Including' alcohol. I realize it suits your purpose to imagine I somehow think its okay to misuse alcohol, but that simply isn't the case. This doesn't alter the fact however that it's possible to partake in alcohol or coffee in a responsible way that doesn't risk men ...[text shortened]... this forum will claim that they drink in "moderation" and therefore alcohol is acceptable.
    .>>
    As always you descend into repetition that didn't even make sense the first time you said it.

Do all Christian Deists act that way?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 17:22
    As always you descend into repetition that didn't even make sense the first time you said it.

Do all Christian Deists act that way?
    LIsten I get it. As I wrote earlier:
    <People love their drug(s) of choice (including alcohol - and nicotine and caffeine for that matter) and justify them to themselves: They use them "responsibly". >>
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 17:23
    Everyone on this forum will claim that they drink in "moderation" and therefore alcohol is acceptable.
    I 'do' drink alcohol in moderation. (As I have shared previously). One bottle of red wine a month shared with my wife over a weekend (one glass each on the Saturday with a meal, and one glass each on the Sunday). This I assert is perfectly 'acceptable.' - The situation would become 'unacceptable' however if I was drinking every day and was dependent upon it or unable to go without. The situation would also be 'unacceptable' if we were discussing heroin rather than alcohol, even if the intention was to use it in moderation.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 17:26
    Originally posted by @pudgenik
    she is not being responsible to herself. cocaine is poison
    This post nicely illustrates the dilemma. Even if the woman used cocaine responsibly, the debate then snowballs into her not being responsible to herself, and that cocaine is poison.

This opinion comes from someone who uses the drug alcohol and puts no label on himself for such use.

Selective rationalizing.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 17:43
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    This post nicely illustrates the dilemma. Even if the woman used cocaine responsibly, the debate then snowballs into her not being responsible to herself, and that cocaine is poison.

This opinion comes from someone who uses the drug alcohol and puts no label on himself for such use.

Selective rationalizing.
    The truth of the matter old chap is that some drugs (like alcohol or coffee) 'can' be used responsibly, while some (like heroin) 'cannot.'

Yes, both types can be abused but to compare the two is a nonsense. (ToO, of course, will be along to imply otherwise,...though in a vacuous manner).
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 17:52
    Alcohol is also "poison".
    yes indeed.

im reading the commentary between you and Ghost. im just laughing.

we can all get into all the poisons we eat on a daily basis. i mean crap, look at all the stuff in a hot dog or in a candy bar. chocolate is its own narcotic.

shall we say, there are some poisons that are not so bad. lol.

but there are some drugs - way out there. heroine, syc drugs.

as for that matter, the poisons that are unseen. fumes from plastic plants pcb's are worse yet
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 17:551 edit
    its a good laugh. by the way. as i like reading you guys - thinkofone - ghost
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 17:56
    Originally posted by @pudgenik
    its a good laugh. by the way. as i like reading you guys - thinkofone - ghost
    Just go drink your beer!! 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree