1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 20:13
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    How does it make you feel seeing these (alleged) signs?
    Just informed and educated as to the time period we all live in. And hope about the future that as the signs are coming true as God promised, the better earth will also come soon just as God has promised.. Is that a bad thing to hope for?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 20:222 edits
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    So you agree with me that there has always been war throughout history, and very few days without war somewhere on earth. I looked at some of the links on that site. Plenty of wars several hundred years ago, and that's only the ones that are documented. If you take into account that documentation is a lot more comprehensive today, it's not at all clear that ere extremely destructive (the Thirty Years' War probably being the most prominent example).
    what is it about a global war that you people yet fail to comprehend, that there were more technologies available, that perhaps the process of documentation is now more advanced is neither here more there, the prophecy states war on an unprecedented scale, as far as recorded history is concerned such an even did not occur until the year 1914 and the beginning of the first world war in which ninety percent of the earths population was involved, putting that together with the Spanish flu which in itself killed an estimated 23 million persons in the aftermath , its not very difficult to pinpoint a fairly modern epoch of history as marking the beginning of the prophecy, is it? for no other epoch contained the composite elements to such a degree, did they?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 20:231 edit
    Advances in technology made that happen. Prior to 1492 there was no chance of a global war because people didn't know other civilisations existed on the other side of the planet.
    please see above, advances in technology does not infer that it has not happened, does it? In fact it only makes it more likely that it has transpired in a fairly modern era.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 20:59
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Lol. And these signs did not just start a few months ago and I don't beliveve I said that either. If you could see them with a clear and spiritual mind you'd see how obvious they are. I can't help you there.
    You did say:
    I've had at least 4 this last couple months make almost the same statement that something is up...
    And seemed to think that was significant.

In general you have been extremely vague about what the signs actually are. Instead you seem more interested in repeatedly telling me that I cannot see the signs because the Bible says I won't.

So, I will ask you again: Why does one need a spiritual mind to see wars, earthquakes, famines, immorality etc? What are these signs exactly and when did they start?
    Why are you finding it so difficult to answer these very basic questions?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 21:45
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You did say:
    [b] I've had at least 4 this last couple months make almost the same statement that something is up...

And seemed to think that was significant.

In general you have been extremely vague about what the signs actually are. Instead you seem more interested in repeatedly telling me that I cannot see the signs because the Bible says I won ...[text shortened]... hen did they start?
    Why are you finding it so difficult to answer these very basic questions?[/b]
    It seems like an easy statement to understand that as compared to other times in my life, I've had more people make simple statements as to the crazy and unsure things that have been happening lately on the world scene. Nothing more.
    And the signs are the ones that Jesus clearly said in his statements in Matt the 24th chapter. You can read that in any bible. And what one does when they read that is up to them to either take it serious or not.
    It seems to me with those signs happening now even if one does not want to believe it, one with any care for their future should at least look into this a little.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 22:25
    It seems like an easy statement to understand that as compared to other times in my life, I've had more people make simple statements as to the crazy and unsure things that have been happening lately on the world scene. Nothing more.
    And the signs are the ones that Jesus clearly said in his statements in Matt the 24th chapter. You can read that in any ...[text shortened]... want to believe it, one with any care for their future should at least look into this a little.
    My advice is to leave twhitehead alone. He will not understand,
    because he does not want there to be a God to judge him. You
    should continue with your study of the Holy Bible and maybe
    you will have answers for someone else that is more open to
    what you have to say. May God bless you.

With love,
    RJHinds
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 22:51
    Just informed and educated as to the time period we all live in. And hope about the future that as the signs are coming true as God promised, the better earth will also come soon just as God has promised.. Is that a bad thing to hope for?
    Hoping for something better is not a bad thing, i just think you're hopelessly misguided about how that might/will come about.

It struck me that your so called 'signs' for you Biblical prophecy all stem from death and destruction, wars famines and earthquakes. After witnessing the recent earthquake and resulting tsunami in Japan the horror those poor people had to suffer is unimaginable. Famine is another horrific natural disaster, if it's not man made of course, and war is without doubt the most abhorrent action mankind can afflict each other with. I'm sure you and i feel the same emotions when we watch these events on tv or read about them in newspapers or online, but for you it's slightly different isn't it? These events to you are something that you hope will happen, this death and destruction for you is a sign of your prophecy coming true.

Death and destruction for you is a good thing, something you actually want to happen, because it proves to you that your Biblical prophecy is coming true and the end game is in sight.

When you see these events unfolding as of late, is there a part of you that is happy about it?
  8. weedhopper
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 23:30
    Hoping for something better is not a bad thing, i just think you're hopelessly misguided about how that might/will come about.

It struck me that your so called 'signs' for you Biblical prophecy all stem from death and destruction, wars famines and earthquakes. After witnessing the recent earthquake and resulting tsunami in Japan the horror those poor ...[text shortened]... you see these events unfolding as of late, is there a part of you that is happy about it?
    That's a good point. Tho' the questions weren't directed at me, I am a Christian and I do believe that the "end of the age" will come about by divine means. I do differ with the rather recent take on it (the "Left Behind"/Armageddon/blood up to the horses' bridles" end of the world scenario). I do not look forward to the world being immolated. I like it here. And I'm sure heaven will be infinitely better. But I can see how one could get the idea that some denominations that take Darby too seriously actually look at the "wars and rumors of wars" as a good thing.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 23:48
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    That's a good point. Tho' the questions weren't directed at me, I am a Christian and I do believe that the "end of the age" will come about by divine means. I do differ with the rather recent take on it (the "Left Behind"/Armageddon/blood up to the horses' bridles" end of the world scenario). I do not look forward to the world being immolated. I like i ...[text shortened]... Darby too seriously actually look at the "wars and rumors of wars" as a good thing.
    yes no one can ever accuse you of taking the Bible seriously, can they.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 23:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    My advice is to leave twhitehead alone. He will not understand,
    because he does not want there to be a God to judge him. You
    should continue with your study of the Holy Bible and maybe
    you will have answers for someone else that is more open to
    what you have to say. May God bless you.

With love,
    RJHinds
    I agree completely and thanks for the kind comment. I only hope while the signs are still just signs, he and many others will finally see them for what they are which is a warning from God to us all because he does want all of us to live. Hence the warnings....
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 23:571 edit

It struck me that your so called 'signs' for you Biblical prophecy all stem from death and destruction, wars famines and earthquakes. After witnessing the recent earthquake and resulting tsunami in Japan the horror those poor you see these events unfolding as of late, is there a part of you that is happy about it?
    Absolutley not so your completely wrong about that. I really hope your not serious that any normal human being would wish that on anyone. It completely makes me sick to see these things happen and truly hope for the day when they won't.
    For your information there were at least 5 Kingdom Halls destroyed and many Witnesses killed in that flood. You should be ashamed to even suggest I want that to happen to anyone..............
    So yes as Robbie said you show how little you know of the Bible and God himself. How cruel you are.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 00:571 edit
    Originally posted by Darax The Good
    These signs have been present since the days those words were first written. Perhaps the world will end tomorrow. Perhaps it will not. Go and do something nice for someone. There is no purpose in sitting around waiting for armageddon.
    Hope not, cause Armageddon outa here!

Actually, the Earth has somewhat settled down if you look at the big picture, like the era about 700 million years ago when the whole planet was covered with ice, or the times when really humungous volcanoes were covering up half of what is now the US. Or the mass extinctions, what, 5 of them? Does Chicxulub strike a bell?

We've had a pretty free ride for 10,000 years or so now, the ice core records show the weather being very chaotic, way ups and way downs was the rule of the day for millions of years up till about 10,000 BCE because the ocean currents somehow got started about then which distributed heat around the earth enough to prevent bad weather cycles. If we mess with the ocean currents the present relatively mild climate will go bonkers.
  13. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 00:58
    I agree completely and thanks for the kind comment. I only hope while the signs are still just signs, he and many others will finally see them for what they are which is a warning from God to us all because he does want all of us to live. Hence the warnings....
    Just a question here, and I'm not meaning to get too heavily into this deranged view of the world, but if God does indeed want us all to live, then why is it killing so many people through natural disasters?
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 00:591 edit
    Originally posted by amannion
    Just a question here, and I'm not meaning to get too heavily into this deranged view of the world, but if God does indeed want us all to live, then why is it killing so many people through natural disasters?
    Tha'ts called culling🙂 Or the Earth trying to shake off its fleas.....
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 02:16
    Originally posted by amannion
    May I ask what makes you think God is doing this to us? If he was behind this why would he have his son give us warnings thru these sign or events in the Bible for all of us to see? And if he caused these things why would apparently good people suffer too?
    Finally why would the God that created us out of love do these terrible things to us?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree