Eat Meat Vishva

Eat Meat Vishva

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
07 Feb 11

Originally posted by souverein
If we can live without eating meat, great. Our world cannot support 700.000.000 regular meat eaters. But there are situations and regions where you have to eat meat if you want to stay healthy.
In Mongolia all they posses is cattle. The cattle is their food, housing, transport, fuel. They live with their animals, they love their animals and they kill them - when needed - with compassion.
Look...... I am reasonable because Vedanta is reasonable, and Vedanta presents that if there is nothing to eat except meat, then meat must be eaten and the karma will be less, because Vedanta has a consession to be flexible in certain situations according to time place and circumstance.

But tell me this.......the cattle that they have must eat food, and this food is grown in the ground.....so why cant they grow crops in the ground?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 11

Originally posted by vishvahetu
Hi....

Chick peas are high in protean and if you boil them, drain them and spice them with say ( hing, cumin, coriander etc.) and leave in the fridge for snacking.

And their cheap.

Ten chick peas will supply all your protein for the day.
Protein content is not the issue. The fact is that the body requires amino acids and essentials fats in order to absorb the protein. This is why, as the article mentions too, it is recommended that legumes be combined with grains or green leaf vegetables. Only soy is the exception to this rule.

Chick peas are still a good source of protein, I don't doubt that, but they must be balanced. Of course, there is a limit to how much protein the body can process at once. Tuna is definitely a superior source of protein, as Proper Knob said.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Feb 11

Originally posted by Conrau K
Protein content is not the issue. The fact is that the body requires amino acids and essentials fats in order to absorb the protein. This is why, as the article mentions too, it is recommended that legumes be combined with grains or green leaf vegetables. Only soy is the exception to this rule.

Chick peas are still a good source of protein, I don't doub ...[text shortened]... body can process at once. Tuna is definitely a superior source of protein, as Proper Knob said.
I didn't know you 'lifted' Conrau, but then again, how would i?

How long have you been training? I started properly about 3 yrs ago, i quickly reached my 'event horizon' and now there's no going back.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
07 Feb 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]Chick peas are high in protean..........Ten chick peas will supply all your protein for the day.

Utter nonsense. Chick peas are around 7g of protein per 100g, that's not high. A tin of tuna is around 35g of protein per 100g.

Ten chick peas? You need to do some reading.[/b]
When I said ten chick peas a day, I just pulled that figure from thin air, because I am only trying to impress upon the reader that chick peas are high in protein.......... that's all.

Dont picture a person sitting at the dinner table with their knife and fork, with ten chick peas sitting on their plate in a neat straight line.

You are most certainly correct and 25 would be more likely.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
07 Feb 11

Originally posted by Conrau K

Chick peas are still a good source of protein, I don't doub ...[text shortened]... body can process at once. Tuna is definitely a superior source of protein, as Proper Knob said.
Hey...I am not suggesting you sit at the dinner table with twenty chick peas in front of you.....just saying.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Feb 11
1 edit

When I said ten chick peas a day, I just pulled that figure from thin air, because I am only trying to impress upon the reader that chick peas are high in protein.......... that's all.

Dont picture a person sitting at the dinner table with their knife and fork, with ten chick peas sitting on their plate in a neat straight line.

You are most certainly correct and 25 would be more likely.
I can't help but feel you're making this up as you go along. So when you say 10, you actually meant 25?! πŸ˜•

I'm telling you chick peas are not that high in protein. They are 7g of protein per 100g, that is not high. If you ate a whole tin of them, which is 240g drained, that's only around 17g of protein. 240g of tuna would give you 60g of protein, that's more than 3x as much.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
07 Feb 11

I can't help but feel you're making this up as you go along. So when you say 10, you actually meant 25?! πŸ˜•

I'm telling you chick peas are not that hi ...[text shortened]... d 17g of protein. 240g of tuna would give you 60g of protein, that's more than 3x as much.
They are very high in protein compared to other vegetarian foods.

I was never comparing them with meat or fish, but you have concluded that I was.

I simply was making an innocent statement that they are good for protein, but failed to mention within the framework of vegetarianism.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Feb 11

They are very high in protein compared to other vegetarian foods.

I was never comparing them with meat or fish, but you have concluded that I was.

I simply was making an innocent statement that they are good for protein, but failed to mention within the framework of vegetarianism.
It would help if you were more specific next time. I can't read your mind.

Anyhow, lentils have a far higher protein content than chick peas, around 20g per 100g. So your still wide of the mark.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
07 Feb 11

lifted from wikipedis (not always a great source): Rice is rich in starch, an excellent source of energy. Rice also has iron, vitamin B and protein. Beans are also protein-rich, and contain a good amount of iron and other necessary minerals, and the consumption of the two in tandem provides all the essential amino acids. One authority writes:

Rice and beans are an inseparable pair of staple foods for millions of Latin Americans, parts of Central America, the Caribbean, and the Andean Mountain zone. Whether consumed separately or together, these crops figure importantly in the human diet and in national economies across the entire region, and trends in their production are a matter of immediate relevance to practically all of its inhabitants.[5]

its widely known that rice and beans are an excellent substitute for meat. Combined they have all the neccessary amino acids b-vitimans and lots of iron. They are also a great source of complex carbs and fiber. The same cannot be said for meat (though I love a good steak.)

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Feb 11

Originally posted by Doward
lifted from wikipedis (not always a great source): Rice is rich in starch, an excellent source of energy. Rice also has iron, vitamin B and protein. Beans are also protein-rich, and contain a good amount of iron and other necessary minerals, and the consumption of the two in tandem provides all the essential amino acids. One authority writes:

Rice and bean ...[text shortened]... e of complex carbs and fiber. The same cannot be said for meat (though I love a good steak.)
[/b]
White rice is a carbohydrate, carbs are addictice. Rice in general has low nutritional value. White rice is high on the glycemic index, eating it will send your blood sugar level through the roof.

Give me meat over rice and beans anyday.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Feb 11

Also dont forget food combining.

I didn't realize that certain foods, when combined, bring out their full nutritional value.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
07 Feb 11

White rice is a carbohydrate, carbs are addictice. Rice in general has low nutritional value. White rice is high on the glycemic index, eating it will send your blood sugar level through the roof.

Give me meat over rice and beans anyday.
I eat brown rice, it lowers the glycemic index, increases fiber content and adds flavor....that being said I love a nice New York strip, medium rareπŸ˜€

s

Lowlands paradise

Moves
08 Feb 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Also dont forget food combining.

I didn't realize that certain foods, when combined, bring out their full nutritional value.
Vegetarians live longer and have less diseases ( health insurance for veggies is cheaper in my country). But belief in the goodness of meat is like the belief in god. It is a religion.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Feb 11

Originally posted by souverein
Vegetarians live longer and have less diseases ( health insurance for veggies is cheaper in my country). But belief in the goodness of meat is like the belief in god. It is a religion.
Agreed. But why are you responding to me? You are not assuming that I am implying combining eating meat with veges, right?

s

Lowlands paradise

Moves
08 Feb 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Agreed. But why are you responding to me? You are not assuming that I am implying combining eating meat with veges, right?
Because I agreed with you πŸ˜‰