1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '22 22:28
    @indonesia-phil said
    You 'think' you would have read the Bible, but you can't be sure, can you. Your religious beliefs are founded on the random chance of where you were born and raised, a bit like evolution, really.

Anyway, if we're looking for evidence of evolution we need look no further than the dear old Covid virus, which has been mutating like there's no tomorrow over the past co ...[text shortened]... ding just to give us a nasty cold instead? It's all random chance, just like your religious beliefs.
    <<@indonesia-phil said
    You 'think' you would have read the Bible, but you can't be sure, can you.>>

I can’t be sure to 100 percent, and neither can you, that the sun will rise tomorrow.

<<Your religious beliefs are founded on the random chance of where you were born and raised,>>

No they’re not, and you assume quite a lot about someone you don’t know. Ever hear of Muslims converting to Christianity? Jews converting to Christianity? My beliefs are founded upon my investigating the evidence for Jesus Christ’s Resurrection and concluding the Resurrection happened.

Thanks for asking.

<<a bit like evolution, really.>>

🙄

<<Anyway, if we're looking for evidence of evolution we need look no further than the dear old Covid virus, which has been mutating like there's no tomorrow over the past couple of years. Delta this, Omicron that, my goodness evolution has been busy....>>

Yeah, and it’s still a virus, right?

<<What the virus is 'trying' to do is to spread to as many hosts as possible without killing them, and so far Omicron seems to have nailed it, so (fortunately for us) it becomes the dominant virus. Of course it isn't 'consciously' trying to change, it can't 'think' for itself, it's an example of random evolutionary mutation, (like throwing bits of paper into a bin) , the virus form which is the most successful will survive, the rest will quickly be consigned to evolutionary history, like about 99.9999% of species which have existed on earth so far.
    Evolution at work in your own back yard,>>

And the virus is still a virus. No one disputes microevolution. It’s macroevolution that is disputed. And no, it’s not been proven or even demonstrated that many, many micro evolutionary changes lead to macroevolution.

<>or do you think your god's been controlling the virus as well, killing off a few million people, saints and sinners, Christians and Muslims alike, and then deciding just to give us a nasty cold instead?>>

Apparently you’re not aware of the repercussions of original sin - not just on humans but on all of creation.

“For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.”

(Romans 8:22)

<<It's all random chance, just like your religious beliefs.>>

Like I said, you make a lot of assumptions about someone you don’t know.

Are all atheists this presumptuous and obnoxious? In my experience, Yes!

Congrats for not breaking the mold 👍👍
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '22 22:31
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The factor you are excluding is 'time.' Evolution has had 4 billion years to do its thing and for complex life forms to develop.

(Please stop talking about the fruit flies.)
    No, I considered time. I don’t think you’re the astronomical odds of evolution causing the complexity of life we see today - even given that much time. If I post a relatively short video that speaks to those odds, would you watch it?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 09:02
    @pb1022 said
    No, I considered time. I don’t think you’re the astronomical odds of evolution causing the complexity of life we see today - even given that much time. If I post a relatively short video that speaks to those odds, would you watch it?
    Sorry, I'm washing my hair.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 12:39
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Sorry, I'm washing my hair.
    You still have hair at your age? Impressive.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 12:47
    @pb1022 said
    You still have hair at your age? Impressive.
    Being an ungodly atheist, it's mostly on my knuckles.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 20:05
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Mine’s mostly on my back
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 22:241 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Sir, have they not yet heard of manscaping in London Town?
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 22:29
    @pb1022 said
    <<@indonesia-phil said
    You 'think' you would have read the Bible, but you can't be sure, can you.>>

I can’t be sure to 100 percent, and neither can you, that the sun will rise tomorrow.

<<Your religious beliefs are founded on the random chance of where you were born and raised,>>

No they’re not, and you assume quite a lot about someone you don’t know. Ever hea ...[text shortened]... sts this presumptuous and obnoxious? In my experience, Yes!

Congrats for not breaking the mold 👍👍
    TBH I just scroll past the long posts by anybody. Sorry!
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 22:41
    @pb1022 said
    I'm cool with the God of Slow Cooking or the God Who sets up the Magic Crystal Tank just to see how things might develop.

Please try not to be so huffy and self-important -- that's my advice.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 23:06
    @kevin-eleven said
    I'm cool with the God of Slow Cooking or the God Who sets up the Magic Crystal Tank just to see how things might develop.

Please try not to be so huffy and self-important -- that's my advice.
    That post you’re quoting wasn’t directed to you. Do you realize that?
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 23:08
    @pb1022 said
    I'm kind of lazy. Things realize themselves as they do.
  12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 23:13
    @pb1022 said
    Take it to Petty Grievances, Micro-Spanky.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 23:21
    @kevin-eleven said
    Take it to Petty Grievances, Micro-Spanky.
    Troll away, sailor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree