Echo Chambers

Echo Chambers

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Dec 21

@kevin-eleven said
No, it's about the same.
No, it's not.

The latter is manipulative; the former isn't.

Moves
31 Dec 21

@suzianne said
No, it's not.

The latter is manipulative; the former isn't.
I think the former would be FMF's OP, since it occurred earlier in the timeline, and the latter would be one of your mid-thread scornful posts.

I say controlling; you say manipulative -- maybe it's not worth quibbling over nuances in this case.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Omg here you are again obsessing over my attention! 😆
Yes, it's true, I love your attention.

And I love you too.

IP

Moves
01 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I can certainly discern what appears to be true and what appears to be false. I should have been clearer in saying I was referring to absolute truths.

And I can make that claim about the Holy Bible due to its content but *most importantly* because that revelation is spiritually discerned.

“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are fo ...[text shortened]... unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

(1 Corinthians 2:14)
So the bible is absolutely true because and only because it 'appears' to be true to you, because of what is written in it, whereas the enormous body of evidence for evolution does not 'appear' to be true to you, despite your own premise that you are unable to know the difference between what is true and what isn't.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@indonesia-phil said
So the bible is absolutely true because and only because it 'appears' to be true to you, because of what is written in it, whereas the enormous body of evidence for evolution does not 'appear' to be true to you, despite your own premise that you are unable to know the difference between what is true and what isn't.
No, the Holy Bible, to me, is absolutely true because I believe it’s the Word of God - yes, written by men, but men under the influence, guidance and control of God’s Holy Spirit.

And it’s odd that with an “enormous body of evidence” allegedly supporting the theory of evolution, no one can cite any.

The theory of evolution does not follow the Scientific Method, attempts at speciation with fruit flies, which have short generational spans, have failed, and a lot of evidence exists contradicting it (Cambrian explosion, no pre-Cambrian fossils, lack of transitional fossils (at least in the quantities Darwin said would have to exist for his theory to be true,) complexity of the cell and DNA (unknown in Darwin’s time,) the mathematical impossibility of random mutations and natural selection accounting for the complexity of life we see today when most mutations are harmful or neutral to an organism, and on and on.

The theory’s a joke.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
No, the Holy Bible, to me, is absolutely true because I believe it’s the Word of God - yes, written by men, but men under the influence, guidance and control of God’s Holy Spirit.

And it’s odd that with an “enormous body of evidence” allegedly supporting the theory of evolution, no one can cite any.

The theory of evolution does not follow the Scientific Method, attempts ...[text shortened]... ay when most mutations are harmful or neutral to an organism, and on and on.

The theory’s a joke.
Would you like me to give you the link to the Smithsonian page on whale evolution for a third time?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22

@pb1022 said

The theory of evolution does not follow the Scientific Method, attempts ...[text shortened]... ay when most mutations are harmful or neutral to an organism, and on and on.

The theory’s a joke.
"No, the Holy Bible, to me, is absolutely true because I believe it’s the Word of God - yes, written by men, but men under the influence, guidance and control of God’s Holy Spirit."

How do know this?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
"No, the Holy Bible, to me, is absolutely true because I believe it’s the Word of God - yes, written by men, but men under the influence, guidance and control of God’s Holy Spirit."

How do know this?
You cannot know that any more than you can know that evolution is true concerning common ancestor so its faith.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said

How do know this?
Partially through fulfilled Messianic prophecies and advanced knowledge that humans didn’t have at the time but mostly through divine revelation, which is how I think most people come to believe the Holy Bible is the Word of God.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Partially through fulfilled Messianic prophecies and advanced knowledge that humans didn’t have at the time but mostly through divine revelation, which is how I think most people come to believe the Holy Bible is the Word of God.
Lol, ok, god told you. Fair enough.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Lol, ok, god told you. Fair enough.
You totally lack understanding and are too arrogant to gain it.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You totally lack understanding and are too arrogant to gain it.
Whatever you say, champ.

IP

Moves
02 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said

How do know this?
He doesn't know it, he only believes it.

IP

Moves
02 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
You cannot know that any more than you can know that evolution is true concerning common ancestor so its faith.
How about DNA evidence, scientifically analyzed over and over again and proven to be factual? I'll say it again shall I just in case you didn't get it the first time; DNA evidence. Here it is one more time, just to be sure; DNA evidence.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22

@indonesia-phil said
He doesn't know it, he only believes it.
Are you familiar with Messianic prophecies?

Familiar with scientific facts in the Holy Bible that are centuries, if not thousands of years, ahead of the knowledge of man?

Ever read the Bible?