Echo Chambers

Echo Chambers

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
31 Dec 21

@suzianne said
Especially to those so bereft of original ideas that their "go-to" response when faced with a superior argument is the tired, old "that word doesn't mean what you think it means".
Well, you have used the word "non-sequitur" incorrectly on this thread.

F

Moves
31 Dec 21

@suzianne said
I liked it far better when the forum wasn't plagued with pseudo-intellectualism.
I don't see what is "pseudo-intellectual" about the OP.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Dec 21

@fmf said
In matters relating to the spiritual and/or religious beliefs ~ or the absence of such beliefs ~ what steps do posters here actively take to avoid or counteract confirmation bias, if any?
When you believe (as I do) that the Holy Bible is the inerrant, infallible and immutable Word of God, you realize that a human’s pea brain is not capable of discerning what is true or false and therefore your claim of “confirmation bias” sails right out the window.

Put in more understandable terms, your idea of “confirmation bias” assumes the truth can be known by the pea brain of humans, and that just ain’t the case.

Therefore, your OP is fatally flawed.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
When you believe (as I do) that the Holy Bible is the inerrant, infallible and immutable Word of God, you realize that a human’s pea brain is not capable of discerning what is true or false and therefore your claim of “confirmation bias” sails right out the window.

Put in more understandable terms, your idea of “confirmation bias” assumes the truth can be known by the pea brain of humans, and that just ain’t the case.

Therefore, your OP is fatally flawed.
That’s what’s “pseudo-intellectual” about the OP.

F

Moves
31 Dec 21

@suzianne said
But then I don't usually participate in anything called an "echo chamber" if I can avoid it.
An example of a so-called 'echo chamber' would be a readers' comments section on a right-wing blog where non-right-wing comments were routinely deleted. Or, a WhatsApp chat group for supporters of a certain religious faction or sect where dissenters' memberships are revoked if they 'don't fit' in terms of the ideology espoused. Another thing, adjacent to the 'echo chamber' effect, would be where an atheist only reads books about atheism.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
31 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
... you realize that a human’s pea brain is not capable of discerning what is true or false and therefore your claim of “confirmation bias” sails right out the window.
You just cut off your own legs.

By your own logic, you should not make any truth claims here. Your 'pea brain' doesn't permit it. 🙂

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
When you believe (as I do) that the Holy Bible is the inerrant, infallible and immutable Word of God
What’s the point of all that if you’re still an awful human being.

Moves
31 Dec 21

@bigdogg said
You just cut off your own legs.

By your own logic, you should not make any truth claims here. Your 'pea brain' doesn't permit it. 🙂
What if one is able to channel a higher entity? 😉

Moves
31 Dec 21

@divegeester said
Do you believe that the Holy Bible is the inerrant, infallible and immutable Word of God?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Dec 21

@kevin-eleven said
Do you believe that the Holy Bible is the inerrant, infallible and immutable Word of God?
Give me one good reason why I should tell you?

Moves
31 Dec 21

@divegeester said
Give me one good reason why I should tell you?
Dive impersonation:
"like a deer caught in the headlights"

Alternative reply by K11:
Your response was more than satisfactory.
I was happy just to pose the question.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Dec 21

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Dec 21

@kevin-eleven said
Dive impersonation:
"like a deer caught in the headlights"

Alternative reply by K11:
Your response was more than satisfactory.
I was happy just to pose the question.
Don’t flatter yourself runt.

I have an honest answer to any questions put to me. However you have slipped down my poo list yet again and I have no interest in your vacuous pretentious posing.

Moves
31 Dec 21

@divegeester said
Don’t flatter yourself runt.

I have an honest answer to any questions put to me. However you have slipped down my poo list yet again and I have no interest in your vacuous pretentious posing.
Did you start drinking as soon as you woke up? It's not even 1 PM yet over there.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Dec 21

@divegeester said
You’re projecting again, dive.

Nearly all of your posts on here constitute insults, lies and harassment.

I think even you recognize what you’ve become.