1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 04:28
    http://yosemite.epa.gov/opa/admpress.nsf/d0cf6618525a9efb85257359003fb69d/404898f44d718d7485257f0200044b5d!OpenDocument

The Unitarian church is being given $30,000 of tax payer money for preaching against global warming.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 05:08
    Originally posted by whodey
    The Unitarian church is being given $30,000 of tax payer money for preaching against global warming.
    The money is not for "preaching against global warming" as you would know if you had read the article at the link. Or perhaps you have read the article at the link but you have misrepresented what it says deliberately? Which is it?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 09:353 edits
    When Jesus Christ spoke of the end times, He also spoke of the sign of calamities in the weather. So we should not be surprised at the prospect of climate change if we are drawing closer to the end of this age.

Luke 21:25-27

" And there will be signs in the sun and moon and stars, and upon the earth anguish of nations in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the billows.

Men fainting from fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory."

The point of this post is that we should not be surprised then that the climate be in turmoil and the sea roar upon the poor coast lands, as well as unexplained astral phenomenon. This is God's mercy to indicate worldwide that a drastic changing of the age.

Nor should we be surprised of men's varied ways of dealing with the approaching climate problems.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 09:39
    Originally posted by sonship
    When Jesus Christ spoke of the end times, He also spoke of the sign of calamities in the weather. So we should not be surprised at the prospect of climate change if we are drawing closer to the end of this age.

[b]Luke 21:25-27

[quote] " And there will be signs in the sun and moon and stars, and upon the earth anguish of nations in perplexity ...[text shortened]... Nor should we be surprised of men's varied ways of dealing the the approaching climate problems.
    You got all that from a donation?
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 09:40

[b]Luke 21:25,26

[quote] " And there will be signs in the sun and moon and stars, and upon the earth anguish of nations in perplexity ...[text shortened]... astral phenomenon. This is God's mercy to indicate worldwide that a drastic changing of the age.
    Nothing in this quote indicates anything about climate change.

You're assigning relevance to this text based on nothing at all.

Also, wanna bet that "And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory" is not going to happen in our lifetimes?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 09:421 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You got all that from a donation?
    No I did not get any of this through any political activity, donations or activism.

I got it years ago by simply taking down the Bible from the living room shelf and deciding to read for myself. I received much benefit from this.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 09:52
    Originally posted by Great King Rat

Also, wanna bet that "And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory" is not going to happen in our lifetimes?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that the passage indicates human perplexity at changes in the climate. If you are expecting a major doctrinal debate about it, I don't offer you that.

But I think instead of a reactionary response of "caution" or skepticism, simply muse on what "the roaring of the sea" would mean.

Why should suddenly nations notice something about the sea which has pretty much always been ? Something extraordinary is indicated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a rather vacuous criticism. The discussion there is about the signs of Christ's second coming.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not insist in whose lifetime it occurs. I simply discuss that towards His coming again physically, these signs occur.

Do not jump to conclusions I did not explicitly state concerning who is alive when these inevitable matters happen. We hope to see Christ come in our lifetime. What parted lovers do not long to be together ?

You're looking for something to ponce on skeptically ?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 09:54
    No I did not get any of this through any political activity, donations or activism.

I got it years ago by simply taking down the Bible from the living room shelf and deciding to read for myself. I received much benefit from this.
    I meant the "donation" "tax splash back" whatever, from the OP.

Silly.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 09:563 edits
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 09:56
    http://yosemite.epa.gov/opa/admpress.nsf/d0cf6618525a9efb85257359003fb69d/404898f44d718d7485257f0200044b5d!OpenDocument

Right now I'm in week two of a 12 week study thing called resisting the Green Dragon it's pretty amazing!
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 09:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I meant the "donation" "tax splash back" whatever, from the OP.

Silly.
    Oh. I see.

I'll adjust a post.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 10:01
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Right now I'm in week two of a 12 week study thing called resisting the Green Dragon it's pretty amazing!
    Is it this?

http://www.amazon.com/Resisting-Green-Dragon-Dominion-Death/dp/1886568588
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 12:14
    [b] Nothing in this quote indicates anything about climate change.

I think that the passage indicates human perplexity at changes in the climate. If you are expecting a major doctrinal debate about it, I don't offer you that.

But I think instead of a reactionary ...[text shortened]... d lovers do not long to be together ?

You're looking for something to ponce on skeptically ?[/b]
    I think that the passage indicates human perplexity at changes in the climate.

I think it does nothing of the kind. You are reading something into it which isn't there.

simply muse on what "the roaring of the sea" would mean.

I'm confused. I should "muse" about it? And you should "muse" about it? We should make up our own minds about what the bible meant with that phrase? On what basis do you we make up our minds? What does it mean to you?

Why should suddenly nations notice something about the sea which has pretty much always been ? Something extraordinary is indicated.

Again, confusion overload. What are nations "suddenly" noticing about the sea that has "pretty much" always been there? What extraordinary is indicated?

This is a rather vacuous criticism. The discussion there is about the signs of Christ's second coming.

Are you saying we are currently getting signs of Christ's second coming? Since when has that been happening?

I did not insist in whose lifetime it occurs.

I didn't say you were.

these signs occur.

They are occurring right now? Or not?

We hope to see Christ come in our lifetime

No, I don't.

You're looking for something to ponce on skeptically ?

I simply said you're attaching relevance to that text with regards to climate change that isn't there.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 12:391 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    There is no time to lose RJ, the end is near. We must fight carbon emissions for our collective salvation!

Repent evil carbon emitters!!! 😲

(This public service announcement was brought to you by the EPA where separation of church and state only applies towards anything else but climate change)
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 14:37
    This public service announcement was brought to you by the EPA where separation of church and state only applies towards anything else but climate change
    I might be inclined to agree with you about the separation of Church and State but that doesn't distract from the fact that your OP was a dishonest representation of what was to be found at the link you provided.

Far from talking about the money being for "preaching against global warming", the link you provided talks in some detail about:

* training on the reduction of public health risks
    * projects to prepare for localized climate impacts
    * collection of data about local environmental conditions
    * conducting research on local health and environmental issues
    * developing local solutions based on this research
    * projects to reduce exposure to air pollutants
    * developing resilient sustainable agriculture
    * protecting farm workers from health impacts of pesticides
    * increasing community climate resiliency

I reckon you could make your case on a range of issues much more effectively if you did not resort to deception so often. You rail against politicians of all stripes so much of the time, but judging by your posting record on political issues here at RHP, if you were a politician yourself, you'd most likely be one of the absolute worst kind. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree