1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 05:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    By the way, most people already know what the EPA means when they refer to climate change. They have accepted the theory that the ongoing unlimited burning of fossil fuels is the cause of climate change that produces an increase in severe storms and sea level rising.
    The link in the OP describes a whole range of things that are within the remit of the EPA. I think your personal ideological disagreement with the EPA means nothing to the people facing real life predicaments and existential threats and who are being assisted to deal with these with funds from the EPA.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 05:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    The nonsense about the separation of church and state whodey's, not mine. I don't think your estimation of The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Boca Raton is relevant.
    Then perhaps your estimation is not relevant either.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 05:14
    Then perhaps your estimation is not relevant either.
    I have made no estimation of The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Boca Raton other than to assume that it is in a position as a community organization (or civil society organization) to implement projects that converge with EPA policy and that this is why they were able to tender for and receive the grant.

I'm certainly not judging The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship as a "church" or Christian group ~ why would I? ~ and I don't see how whatever differences you just so happen to have with them as fellow Christians/believers/spiritual people has anything at all to do with the projects described in the OP link.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 05:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    The link in the OP describes a whole range of things that are within the remit of the EPA. I think your personal ideological disagreement with the EPA means nothing to the people facing real life predicaments and existential threats and who are being assisted to deal with these with funds from the EPA.
    It is good that people get help and funds to deal with their real life predicaments and threats, but I just disagree with propagandizing with the liberal agenda associated with manmade climate change.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 05:19
    It is good that people get help and funds to deal with their real life predicaments and threats, but I just disagree with propagandizing with the liberal agenda associated with manmade climate change.
    None of this means anything to the people the EPA is helping.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 05:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have made no estimation of The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Boca Raton other than to assume that it is in a position as a community organization (or civil society organization) to implement projects that converge with EPA policy and that this is why they were able to tender for and receive the grant.

I'm certainly not judging The Unitarian Universa ...[text shortened]... believers/spiritual people has anything at all to do with the projects described in the OP link.
    As I have said before, they are not fellow Christians. They are no more fellow Christians than you are.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 05:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    None of this means anything to the people the EPA is helping.
    I did not say it did.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 05:27
    As I have said before, they are not fellow Christians. They are no more fellow Christians than you are.
    How is this relevant to the topic?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 05:28
    I did not say it did.
    Then how is it relevant to the topic of this thread?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 05:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    Then how is it relevant to the topic of this thread?
    You should be able to answer that, since you brought it up.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 05:49
    You should be able to answer that, since you brought it up.
    You recognize that people face problems that they need to tackle them collectively. You think it's good that the EPA helps them do this. You have some ideological objection to aspects of the basis for that help. You don't think the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship is a religious organisation. You don't think there is an issue in this in terms of Church v State. So why are you tackling me and not whodey?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 06:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    You recognize that people face problems that they need to tackle them collectively. You think it's good that the EPA helps them do this. You have some ideological objection to aspects of the basis for that help. You don't think the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship is a religious organisation. You don't think there is an issue in this in terms of Church v State. So why are you tackling me and not whodey?
    I said the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship is not a Christian Church, but it may be religious in some way. But as the name implies, it is a community fellowship that is set up as a non-profit organization.

I am not really sure what separation of Church and State really means in a legal sense. That has to be decided by the Supreme Court. That statement is not in the Constitution. I think of Church as Christian, while some people seem to think it applies to all religions.

I am 'tackling' you because you are the one that is posting and responding to me. 😏
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 23:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Do you?
    Your dodge is noted 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree