Is it this?

http://www.amazon.com/Resisting-Green-Dragon-Dominion-Death/dp/1886568588
    Yes that's it.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 16:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    I might be inclined to agree with you about the separation of Church and State but that doesn't distract from the fact that your OP was a dishonest representation of what was to be found at the link you provided.

Far from talking about the money being for "preaching against global warming", the link you provided talks in some detail about:

* training on th ...[text shortened]... RHP, if you were a politician yourself, you'd most likely be one of the absolute worst kind. 😉
    But lying is not a sin, it's a Prog virtue.

Repent and stop committing real sins, like producing carbon emissions.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 16:12
    Originally posted by whodey

Be facetious by all means, if you think that distracts from your blatant deception ~ and thus disguises your unwillingness and/or inability to discuss things properly ~ but I don't think it does. Your OP was politically dishonest. Did you even read the link or did you just take some attack blog's word for it?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 16:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    Be facetious by all means, if you think that distracts from your blatant deception ~ and thus disguises your unwillingness and/or inability to discuss things properly ~ but I don't think it does. Your OP was politically dishonest. Did you even read the link or did you just take some attack blog's word for it?
    Obama lied to bring us Obamacare, something he felt he had to do in order to acheive the ultimate good.

I thought people like you agree with this.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 16:20
    Obama lied to bring us Obamacare, something he felt he had to do in order to acheive the ultimate good.

I thought people like you agree with this.
    I am discussing your OP in which you deliberately misrepresented what was to be found at the link you provided.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 16:362 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am discussing your OP in which you deliberately misrepresented what was to be found at the link you provided.
    No your not, you are deliberately dodging the issue of the EPA sending funds into a religious sector which is a direct violation of church and state.

Of course, there is no defense for this so all you can do is continue to assassinate my character instead.

It gets old after a while but I guess it is all you are capable of doing.

The EPA needs to get back to doing what it does best, which is polluting rivers.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 16:451 edit
    Of course, there is no defense for this so all you can do is continue to assassinate my character instead.
    You used deception in your OP. You said the money was for "preaching" but it turns out that what you said wasn't true. No one has to "assassinate" your character. You stumble, you fall, you deceive, you get facetious. It's all your own doing.

Here was what was at your link:

* training on the reduction of public health risks
    * projects to prepare for localized climate impacts
    * collection of data about local environmental conditions
    * conducting research on local health and environmental issues
    * developing local solutions based on this research
    * projects to reduce exposure to air pollutants
    * developing resilient sustainable agriculture
    * protecting farm workers from health impacts of pesticides
    * increasing community climate resiliency

You were dishonest about it. You do it to yourself, whodey.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 17:001 edit
    No your not, you are deliberately dodging the issue of the EPA sending funds into a religious sector which is a direct violation of church and state.
    If the $30,000 was going towards propagating specific religious beliefs ~ something you deceptively insinuated in your OP ~ then you might have a worthy point about separation of Church and State.

But if entities like the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship are the only local community organizations with the capacity to set up and run stuff like trainings, research, data collection, anti-pollution and sustainable agriculture projects, and other similar activities that are not "preaching" or seeking to establish a state religion ~ and funding such measures converge with the EPA's objectives ~ then I don't think your point about separation of Church and State is so strong.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 18:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    You used deception in your OP. You said the money was for "preaching" but it turns out that what you said wasn't true. No one has to "assassinate" your character. You stumble, you fall, you deceive, you get facetious. It's all your own doing.

Here was what was at your link:

* training on the reduction of public health risks
    * projects to prepare for loca ...[text shortened]... ing community climate resiliency

You were dishonest about it. You do it to yourself, whodey.
    You like repeating yourself, don't you? 😴
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 18:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    If the $30,000 was going towards propagating specific religious beliefs ~ something you deceptively insinuated in your OP ~ then you might have a worthy point about separation of Church and State.

But if entities like the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship are the only local community organizations with the capacity to set up and run stuff like trainings, res ...[text shortened]... 's objectives ~ then I don't think your point about separation of Church and State is so strong.
    Man made climate change and impending global doom that will follow is just as much a religious belief as Jesus returning some day.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 20:05

In other words, "shut up, the Republicans haven't finished destroying the environment yet."
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 20:08
    Man made climate change and impending global doom that will follow is just as much a religious belief as Jesus returning some day.
    I'm guessing the Republicans want to speed it along as fast as possible because that sets the stage perfectly for the AC to come save us from it after the Republicans finally push us over the edge.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 20:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'm guessing the Republicans want to speed it along as fast as possible because that sets the stage perfectly for the AC to come save us from it after the Republicans finally push us over the edge.
    Do you thumb FMF down even when you agree with him?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 22:21
    There is no time to lose RJ, the end is near. We must fight carbon emissions for our collective salvation!

Repent evil carbon emitters!!! 😲

(This public service announcement was brought to you by the EPA where separation of church and state only applies towards anything else but climate change)
    And there arose a fierce gale of wind, and the waves were breaking over the boat so much that the boat was already filling up. Jesus Himself was in the stern, asleep on the cushion; and they woke Him and said to Him, "Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?"

And He got up and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, "Hush, be still." And the wind died down and it became perfectly calm. And He said to them, "Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?"

They became very much afraid and said to one another, "Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey Him?"

(Mark 4:37-41 NASB)

God can control the climate as He pleases. We that put our faith in Jesus need not be afraid.

HalleluYaH !!!
    Praise the LORD!
    Holy! Holy! Holy!
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 22:361 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    An Environmental Justice Small Grant from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has been awarded to the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Boca Raton, Fla. for their project titled: Replicable and Scalable Community Climate Resilience Building in Two Communities in Palm Beach County, Florida. The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship is one of 40 non-profit and tribal organizations selected for award of nearly $1.2 million in competitive grants for work to address environmental justice (EJ) issues nationwide.

The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship will use the grant money to create a Resilience Adaptation Community Toolkit (ReACT), and use it in community led neighborhood canvassing and at community meetings to provide education and training to reduce public health risks associated with increasingly severe storms and sea level rise associated with climate change in South Delray Beach, Fla. and the Pearl City area of Boca Raton, Fla.

Don't be decieved into thinking this is a Christian church. It is not. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree