Ephesians 2:8-9

Ephesians 2:8-9

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
Never once have I said we can come to Jesus to be forgiven and not follow Him.
So we agree .. the important thing is following Christ.
It is of little significance to claim to believe or claim to have faith without action.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Sep 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
But [b]now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the re ...[text shortened]... the Law.

Romans 3:21-31 NASB)

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy![/b]
The claim of belief or claim of faith without obedience to the commandments is the road to death.
Faith and belief followed up with obedience is the road to life.
Faith without love and works is worthless

Faith alone is a waste of time.
With works it is worth something.

Works ie love and charity can stand alone because the man with love and charity has the love of God in him already.

And this claim that Christians will automatically do good works is just plain nonsense.

T

Moves
26 Sep 15
4 edits

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Again, too much in your message to respond to fully, but have copied your entire post this time to dodge charges of editing. 🙂

My pov was that humans were incapable of living without sin. (Past, present and future). This is what i conveyed in this thread, when i stated '....not telling her to lead a sinless life, which of course is impossible for ...[text shortened]... in mutual mud slinging. If that's all you have to offer, please do not respond to this message.
Not surprisingly the antics continue. And not surprisingly your responses do not address the facts.

The fact remains that c3's question was a matter of whether or not someone could stop sinning in the future and your response to me was a matter of whether or not some had ever sinned in past.

The fact remains that I told you that you seemed a bit confused and explained why.

The fact remains that you childishly still can't seem to be able to bring yourself to own up to it.

The fact remains that you tried to claim that I was "confused" for asking you (an atheist) a question about the Bible. This despite the fact that earlier in the thread you clearly stated that you're an atheist and established that you are more than willing to offer your opinions about the Bible.

The fact remains that I wanted your opinion and simply asked for it. You childishly accused me of being 'confused' in retaliation.

The fact remains that you childishly and underhandedly edited my post to remove the part that showed your confusion about Chaney3's question, so that you could avoid having to own up to it.

The fact remains that of all the posts you've made on this thread, that quoted post was the only one that you removed any text from - whether or not you were responding in whole or in part.

The fact remains that you underhandedly pulled the same thing the last time I called you a troll.

The fact remains that on the prior thread that I called you a troll, I stated reasons as to why I called you a troll, just as I stated reasons as to why I called you a troll on this thread. Both times you underhandedly tried to make it look like the only reason was because of your username (which was originally just tossed out as an interesting observation).

Please do not can me a troll. Not only is it incorrect it is also impolite and unnecessary.

I see. Now you childishly 'play the victim' which is straight out of RC's playbook.

The fact remains that I've once again documented your troll-like behavior, so it is not 'incorrect'.

Calling you out on the facts is neither 'impolite" nor 'unnecessary'.

What is "impolite and unnecessary' is your continued childishness, underhandedness and toll-like behavior.

Your posts bring to mind RC's antics when he's been called on something. Granted your attempts aren't as oafish, but then RC isn't generally as underhanded as you are. Though if your attempts continue to be this oafish, I might need to reconsider that part.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Sep 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
The claim of belief or claim of faith without obedience to the commandments is the road to death.

Works ie love and charity can stand alone because the man with love and charity ...[text shortened]... eady.

And this claim that Christians will automatically do good works is just plain nonsense.
You again are putting your effort in front of His grace and mercy.
I've not one time denied we would be following Him, but we would be doing it in His Grace
and Mercy as we abide in Him, not in the strength of our own effort to be good enough.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Sep 15

So we agree .. the important thing is following Christ.
It is of little significance to claim to believe or claim to have faith without action.
I've always maintained we need to follow Christ, where we part ways is that I agree with
scripture that we are not saved by our works, but by God's grace through faith. The works
follow He has give us to live out our lives in.

You also seem to suggest that people are worthy of God's grace through their effort, that
you don't even need Jesus to be saved just obey His words as if you can do that. Feel
free to correct me on this point if I got you wrong.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Sep 15

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Not surprisingly the antics continue. And not surprisingly your responses do not address the facts.

The fact remains that c3's question was a matter of whether or not someone could stop sinning in the future and your response to me was a matter of whether or not some had ever sinned in past.

The fact remains that I told you that you seemed a bit c ...[text shortened]... u are. Though if your attempts continue to be this oafish, I might need to reconsider that part.
As i said, if that is all you have to bring to the table, please eat elsewhere.

I'm not going to feed you.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Sep 15

Originally posted by Dasa
Ask yourself a question..........

If there is such a thing as true religion and false religion, would the true religion be the one that respects the rights of animals to protect them from cruel exploitive conditions, or would true religion cage and force feed and slaughter animals?

Islam and Judaism and Christianity all allow their followers to place anim ...[text shortened]... ........would you say Islam and Judaism and Christianity are true religions or false religions.
I am both a non-believer and a vegetarian. If 'true religion' is indicated by not eating meat or being cruel to animals, does my brand of atheism also qualify as truth?

(Please take the question as rhetorical).

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Sep 15

Originally posted by lemon lime
I've been waiting for someone (else) to bring up Matthew 5:48 and compare it with "sin no more"...
'Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.'

Yes, interesting. I would still though interpret 'perfection' as being the 'target,' as opposed to 'divine expectation.' - I think by this point He would have known that human beings were incapable of leading perfect lives, free of sin.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Sep 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
You again are putting your effort in front of His grace and mercy.
I've not one time denied we would be following Him, but we would be doing it in His Grace
and Mercy as we abide in Him, not in the strength of our own effort to be good enough.
What did Christ say about ..putting your effort in front of His grace and mercy..?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Sep 15

What did Christ say about [b]..putting your effort in front of His grace and mercy..?[/b]
You are promoting working for your own righteousness, while God gives us His.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 15
4 edits

Works ie love and charity can stand alone because the man with love and charity ...[text shortened]... eady.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

(John 3:18 KJV)
For if we go on sinning WILLFULLY after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES.

(Hebrews 10:26-27 NASB}

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 15

'Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.'

Yes, interesting. I would still though interpret 'perfection' as being the 'target,' as opposed to 'divine expectation.' - I think by this point He would have known that human beings were incapable of leading perfect lives, free of sin.
We are only expected to try to be perfect by not sinning WILLFULLY.

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
26 Sep 15
1 edit

Salvation is a free gift.

How could God take a gift back when your name was written in the lambs book of life before you were even created?

And how can someone not written in that book get their name written in it after the foundation of the world?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Sep 15

Originally posted by RBHILL
Salvation is a free gift.

How could God take a gift back when your name was written in the lambs book of life before you were even created?

And how can someone not written in that book get their name written in it after the foundation of the world?
I guess there are some things after all, that God cannot do.

T

Moves
27 Sep 15
1 edit

As i said, if that is all you have to bring to the table, please eat elsewhere.

I'm not going to feed you.
Not surprisingly the antics continue. And not surprisingly your response once again does not address the facts.

Also not surprisingly you continue to 'play the victim' which is part of your MO.

The fact remains that I've documented your childish, underhanded and troll-like behavior and you haven't been able to refute any of it.

Your posts bring to mind RC's antics when he's been called on something. Granted your attempts aren't as oafish, but then RC isn't generally as underhanded as you are. Though if your attempts continue to be this oafish, I might need to reconsider that part.