1. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 13:281 edit
    It should be obvious to everyone reading these threads, that there are a few Christians here who believe in, probably even relish the idea of eternal torment for some people. Particularly sonship and Kelly Jay have posted in great detail [repeatedly] passages from Jesus Christ which they say describe this torment. Plus there are silent Christians cheering from the sidelines Im sure. The purpose they say is to warn others [Non-Christians I presume], of this coming disaster. Christians apparently are excluded. They claim that they dont want to sugarcoat it but its almost like a boast that they would not be in that group.

Questions to any of these supporters:
    1. Who will experience weeping and gnashing of teeth, according to Jesus Christ? [And dont sugar coat it, state the whole story. You will find that what Jesus said regarding this is that it is those who are sinful, evil, workers of iniquity, Jesus said nothing of those believing in him escaping.]

2. What did you do to warn people how to escape this coming torment [which you claim you did], apart from say or imply that they should be a Christian [something Jesus never said]?

3. Where have you told anyone on this forum that it is essential that in order to escape this doom, one must keep away from sin and evil, as Jesus himself stated? Please point to the thread.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 13:38
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    It should be obvious to everyone reading these threads, that there are a few Christians here who believe in, probably even relish the idea of eternal torment for some people. Particularly sonship and Kelly Jay have posted in great detail [repeatedly] passages from Jesus Christ which they say describe this torment. Plus there are silent Christians cheering fr ...[text shortened]... om, one must keep away from sin and evil, as Jesus himself stated? Please point to the thread.
    Revelation 20:12-15
    And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
    And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
    And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
    And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

"The dead". "Lake of fire". "Second death".

What's your problem? Are you paranoid?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 13:39
    Originally posted by josephw
    Do you believe human beings who are not Christians, after they die, are kept supernaturally "alive" by a vengeful God ~ i.e. your God ~ and then tortured in flames for all eternity?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 13:582 edits
    Revelation 20:12-15
    And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
    And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which we ...[text shortened]... f fire.

"The dead". "Lake of fire". "Second death".

A cheerleader from the sidelines has surfaced...🙂 Did you answer any of the questions in the opening post? Anyway, the word torment or implication of torment is not there in your reference.

So here is the question - Jesus said that he will remove the names of some Christian saints from the book of life. Are they also to be cast into the lake of fire and tormented eternally?

It would be nice if you would answer this question. But judging from your posting history you are just a hit and run coward who cannot support what he believes from the Bible.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 14:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you believe human beings who are not Christians, after they die, are kept supernaturally "alive" by a vengeful God ~ i.e. your God ~ and then tortured in flames for all eternity?
    I believe God.

I believe those that are His will live forever.

Those who reject Jesus Christ as saviour will be receive eternal judgement in the lake of fire.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 14:28
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    A cheerleader from the sidelines has surfaced...🙂 Did you answer any of the questions in the opening post? Anyway, the word torment or implication of torment is not there in your reference.

So here is the question - Jesus said that he will remove the names of some Christian saints from the book of life. Are they also to be cast into the lake of ...[text shortened]... ng history you are just a hit and run coward who cannot support what he believes from the Bible.
    "Jesus said that he will remove the names of some Christian saints from the book of life."

No he didn't.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 14:31
    Those who reject Jesus Christ as saviour will be receive eternal judgement in the lake of fire.
    And what is the nature of that "eternal judgement in the lake of fire"? is it as sonship and KellyJay describe it?
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 14:43
    well to hell

http://www.snopes.com/religion/wellhell.asp

it was fun while it lasted
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 14:551 edit
    [b]"Jesus said that he will remove the names of some Christian saints from the book of life."

No he didn't.[/b]
    And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.(Revelation 3:1-6 KJV)

To the church of Sardis ... therefore all members of the Church, these are called Christian saints. Jesus was not satisfied with some of them and he said he will remove their names from the book of life.

And you said that anyone whose names are not in that book will be cast into the lake of fire.

..What's your problem? Are you paranoid?
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 15:52
    I believe God.
    He showed up for you! So you have special knowledge.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 16:08
    I believe God.

Why can't you just give a straight answer?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 16:18
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why can't you just give a straight answer?
    They cannot give a straight answer. Sonship, KJ, Josephw ... no straight answers to the opening post. Notice he starts off with abuse... and thats fine except that they claim others abuse them first.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 16:20
    I believe God.

I believe God too, and here is what He said. Taken from my thread 'Best and Worse'. Those who are His will live forever, nobody is arguing that... thats Group 1. Not all Christians are 'His'.

1. Saints of Christ, the elect of God, the chosen ones who have eternal assurance of salvation. Disciples, prophets, those converted on the day of Pentecost [excluding those like Judas Iscariot and Annanias and Sapphira]. These will rule with Christ in the millennial reign. Some will escape judgment. [Paul's Group 1 in 1 Cor 3]

2. Christian Saints who have lived average lives, have not committed grevious sins but have not done great things either. Their faith saves them [Pauls Group 2 in 1 Cor 3]

3 Publicans and sinners who have repented and lived righteously and in keeping with Christ's commandments. .. Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.(Matthew 21:31 KJV)

4 . Others, who do not live by any law, but by the law written in their hearts [Romans 2]

5. Christian Saints who have reverted to a life of sin and have rejected Christ by their grevious sins. They were given everything,
    tasted of the heavenly gift,
    made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
    tasted the good word of God,
    powers of the world to come,
    they would be in a worse off position than before they accepted Christ. [Hebrews 6, II Peter 2 & Pauls Grp 3 in 1 Cor 3]]

6. False teachers and false prophets. Those are those who for whatever reason or motive, mislead the innocent and gullible. They speak negatively about the commandments of Christ, and promote mouth worship and lip service to God.

14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 16:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Would you be happy with the answer "I don't know"?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 17:24
    All have sinned and fall short, so everyone is going to hell and burn forever. Except those few who will be needed to keep shoveling coals in there to keep the fires going!😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree