1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 17:461 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    All have sinned and fall short, so everyone is going to hell and burn forever. Except those few who will be needed to keep shoveling coals in there to keep the fires going!😵
    Mollifying your horrible beliefs with humour must bring you some relief from their tyranny.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 18:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Mollifying your horrible beliefs with humour must bring you some relief from their tyranny.
    The man claims to be a Grp 1 Christian .. eternally saved. Jesus told him so apparently. Plus he has special Holy Spirit powers.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 18:02
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    All have sinned and fall short, so everyone is going to hell and burn forever. Except those few who will be needed to keep shoveling coals in there to keep the fires going!😵
    So how does one get into the group who shovels the coals?
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 19:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The man claims to be a Grp 1 Christian .. eternally saved. Jesus told him so apparently. Plus he has special Holy Spirit powers.
    I take it you have no assurance of your own salvation?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 19:30
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    I take it you have no assurance of your own salvation?
    I never claimed to be anything. Some like Sonship said he actually met Jesus Christ in person. Others claim to have Holy Spirit gifts and can speak in tongues and predict the future. . I have made no claims. Neither would I ask others of their status. My belief on this matter of assurance is clearly stated in the thread 'Best and Worse'. Read it if you like.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 19:48
    When push comes to shove, will you feed his family?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 20:16
    I never claimed to be anything. Some like Sonship said he actually met Jesus Christ in person. Others claim to have Holy Spirit gifts and can speak in tongues and predict the future. . I have made no claims. Neither would I ask others of their status. My belief on this matter of assurance is clearly stated in the thread 'Best and Worse'. Read it if you like.
    But you seem quick to judge those who say that have assurance of their salvation based on what is written in the Bible.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 20:42
    But you seem quick to judge those who say that have assurance of their salvation based on what is written in the Bible.
    Exactly what is written in the bible?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 21:192 edits

For one some very good words about going on from elementary teachings to the meat.
    I thought you cared. Apparently, you love rather to stay on the elementary.

" Therefore leaving the word of the beginning of Christ, let us be brought on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith in God,
    Of the teaching of baptisms and of the laying on of hands, of the resurrection of the dead and of ETERNAL JUDGMENT." (Hebrews 6:1,2)
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 21:211 edit
    Originally posted by sonship

For one some very good words about going on from elementary teachings to the meat.
    I thought you cared. Apparently, you love rather to stay on the elementary.

[b] " Therefore leaving the word of the beginning of Christ, let us be brought on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of re ...[text shortened]... of hand, of the resurrection of the dead and of ETERNAL JUDGMENT." (Hebrews 6:1,2)
    [/b]
    Are you following the conversation, obviously not. If you want to read the thread and post something worthwhile to which I can reply I would be happy to wait a few hours for you to catch up .. go ahead... read the thread.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 21:242 edits
    Are you following the conversation, obviously not.
    If you want to read the thread and post something worthwhile to which I can reply I would be happy to wait a few hours for you to catch up .. go ahead.
    Its hardly "catching up". It is rather "going back again" yet another time to the elementary foundations.

If you don't want me responding to your posts as i see fit, you could stop mentioning me by name, so as to seem to provoke some response.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 21:291 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Its hardly "catching up". It is rather "going back again" yet another time to the elementary foundations.

If you don't want me responding to your posts as i see fit, you could stop mentioning me by name, so as to seem to provoke some response.
    The thread has nothing to do with whether or not eternal torment is a reality. I assume that it is a reality and that you and the KJ types are correct.... eternal torment exists.

The thread is about what are you [since you believe it to be real] doing to encourage people to steer clear of eternal torment. Are you following what Jesus said, regarding who it is that will suffer this torment? Are you telling people what to do, and what Jesus said that people should do?

I dont believe you understood the opening post. KJ apparently did and he is steering clear as he knows that his is not following Christ when He said who will suffer eternal torment... he is smarter than you apparently.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 21:43
    Is it before your judgment seat that Christians have to give an account ?

What I do to announce the Gospel is before God and a matter between Christ and me.

In First Corinthians 4:3 a faithful servant of Christ wrote -

King James Bible
    But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    It is of little importance to me that I should be evaluated by you or by any human court. In fact, I don't even evaluate myself.

Understanding God's economy is not limited to seeing it only from the standpoint of eternal judgment. There are other vital angles through which the Gospel can be presented. We're obligated to those approaches as well.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 22:17
    1 John 3:23
    And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

John 6:28-30 King James Version (KJV)
    28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
    29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
    30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

John 11:25
    Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 12:43-45 King James Version (KJV)
    43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.
    44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
    45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.

John 20:31
    But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Acts 8:36-38King James Version (KJV)
    36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
    37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
    38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Acts 11:16-18King James Version (KJV)
    16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
    17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
    18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Romans 3:21-23 King James Version (KJV)
    21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
    22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
    23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 10:8-10King James Version (KJV)
    8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
    9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Galatians 3:21-23King James Version (KJV)
    21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
    22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
    23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

1 Timothy 1:15-17King James Version (KJV)
    15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
    16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
    17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 23:34
    Would you be happy with the answer "I don't know"?
    Of course.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree