This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 13:36
    Originally posted by catfoodtim
    Is there anything in particular that appeals to the agnostics or atheists among us?
    My favourite apocalypse is Ragnarok.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 13:43
    A thread which is inspired by the good BDN who prompted me to read up on Catharism, which in turn led me to this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eschatology

which is a summary of how pretty much all strands of major religions see The End Times panning out.

I feel thoroughly depressed reading most of it.

What do you believe will happen ...[text shortened]... n tribe feel about catching the train/iron snake? Anyone know anything about Sikh eschatology?
    So you would like the end of days to be palatable for your taste or even enjoyable? I think all would have to agree that there is an end game, so to speak, with our solar system, with our galaxy, and eventurally with the universe, but most importantly, with our lives. Science dictates that one day the sun will expand and engulf the entire earth before it collapses on itself and dies. Perhaps this is not romantic enough for you so I will turn the lights down and whisper something in your ear......God is in control and he is life and therefore he is our only hope for continued life after all that mess is finished.

There now, do you feel better?
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 13:47
    A thread which is inspired by the good BDN who prompted me to read up on Catharism, which in turn led me to this article:

which is a summary of how pretty much all strands of major religions see The End Times panning out.

What do you believe will happen ...[text shortened]... n tribe feel about catching the train/iron snake? Anyone know anything about Sikh eschatology?
    For an accurate dramatization of Christian eschatology, refer to this cinematic classic:

A Thief in the Night (1972)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070795/

If you can find this movie anywhere, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you rent it immediately and watch it with an open mind and heart. It WILL change your life.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 13:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    There now, do you feel better?
    No, I feel creeped out with you whipsering in my ear.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 13:561 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    No, I feel creeped out with you whipsering in my ear.
    You know your right. After rereading my post I feel a little creeped out as well. Then again, who is to say that the poster is not some 20 year old Californian blond girl?
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 14:06
    You know your right. After rereading my post I feel a little creeped out as well. Then again, who is to say that the poster is not some 20 year old Californian blond girl?
    Show us your tits then.
  8. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 14:32

9. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 14:47

10. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 14:50

According to daoism (which ties in with the bigbang theory) the cosmos is a bellow, it exhales (now) and inhales (the end), the exhalation will then start the cycle all over again, so there is no end.
  11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 15:511 edit
    Was Columbus practicing eschatology when he wrote his observations of October 12, 1492 on the evening of October 11? He certainly prescribed an apocalypse.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '06 00:41
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Show us your tits then.
    Not for you or any other man!
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    04 Oct '06 14:41
    Not for you or any other man!
    Not even Jesus?
  14. Donationbvb
    Callisto Fan
    Iowa
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 16:19
    I think "devine" eschatology is superstitious nonsense. I mean Jesus returning from heaven and leading the good against evil in the final great conflict? It's as silly as those "Left Behind" stories. Now "ethical" eschatology could make sense. The idea that adherence to the "Word of God" will eventually dispatch evil is an idea that I find very appealing.
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 16:22
    Originally posted by bvb
    I think "devine" eschatology is superstitious nonsense. I mean Jesus returning from heaven and leading the good against evil in the final great conflict? It's as silly as those "Left Behind" stories. Now "ethical" eschatology could make sense. The idea that adherence to the "Word of God" will eventually dispatch evil is an idea that I find very appealing.
    Appealing? Perhaps. But true? That's quite another matter.

The thought of me winning the lottery is very appealing. But that doesn't make it true, or mean that it will happen.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree