1. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 23:57
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Do you think God wants us to worship him because of fear? Kristy Lane sang a tune and part of it went "youve got the power to save me and it makes me love you so much". Is that true love or what. In other words I love you for what I can get from you. Is worship the same?
    no, for it was the very same satanic accusation levelled against one of Gods ancient servants, in the book of Job, the very same accusation that you have stressed, that individuals only serve god for what they can get out of it.

Job chapter 2.
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 23:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no, for it was the very same satanic accusation levelled against one of Gods ancient servants, in the book of Job, the very same accusation that you have stressed, that individuals only serve god for what they can get out of it.

Job chapter 2.
    How about the fear part.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 00:04
    How about the fear part.
    there is surely a difference between a healthy respect as one would have for ones parents say, and a morbid fear that one would have if the Nazis kicked in your door in the early hours of the morning?
  4. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 00:07
    there is surely a difference between a healthy respect as one would have for ones parents say, and a morbid fear that one would have if the Nazis kicked in your door in the early hours of the morning?
    I know your viewpoint on hell, but do you think others worship out of fear of something worse than the Nazis kicking in the door, that being burning forever?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 00:13
    I know your viewpoint on hell, but do you think others worship out of fear of something worse than the Nazis kicking in the door, that being burning forever?
    its hard to say my friend, for i have never believed it myself, even before i was a Christian, but i do know that it terrorises some people, but would you not agree that fear is a very poor motivational force.
  6. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 00:14
    Do you think God wants us to worship him because of fear? Kristy Lane sang a tune and part of it went "youve got the power to save me and it makes me love you so much". Is that true love or what. In other words I love you for what I can get from you. Is worship the same?
    I see worship as a Bee is attracted to honey. True worship you would think would be complete surrender.
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 01:07
    its hard to say my friend, for i have never believed it myself, even before i was a Christian, but i do know that it terrorises some people, but would you not agree that fear is a very poor motivational force.
    So you still don't believe it? Then how are you a Christian?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 01:12
    Originally posted by daniel58
    So you still don't believe it? Then how are you a Christian?
    because Christ never taught it!
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 01:13
    because Christ never taught it!
    And you never read the Bible.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 01:14
    And you never read the Bible.
    yes i read it almost every day, have done for the past fifteen years.
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 01:15
    yes i read it almost every day, have done for the past fifteen years.
    Then you must've missed the sermon on the mount.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 01:16
    Then you must've missed the sermon on the mount.
    nope, its my favourite portion of scripture, long with the psalms and the book of acts.
  13. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 01:18
    nope, its my favourite portion of scripture, long with the psalms and the book of acts.
    Then how come you say Christ didn't teach?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 01:19
    Then how come you say Christ didn't teach?
    which particular scripture are you referring to, post it and we can have a look at it.
  15. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 01:34
    which particular scripture are you referring to, post it and we can have a look at it.
    Matthew, Chapters 5,6 and 7.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree